Putting deposit down tomorrow. color help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Putting deposit down tomorrow. color help!

Hi all,

everyone has been so helpful on this site. I need some more opinions.

I have a deal in place for a 2010 tech and i am going to put the deposit down tomorrow. Im having trouble picking a color. The dealer has all colors. The only thing i am settled on is Ebony interior. Black exterior is out of the running for me but i am open to any other color suggestion.

What color has the most metal flake and hides dirt best?

leaning towards grigio but hard to tell colors because there is some protective coating on the hood and front fenders. I almost see no difference in Polished metal and Grigio.

any suggestions appreciated......
Old 11-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
grigio is much darker than polished metal. polished metal looks like your traditional silver color and silver has always been the best at hiding dirt, so go with polished metal.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by its rayden
grigio is much darker than polished metal. polished metal looks like your traditional silver color and silver has always been the best at hiding dirt, so go with polished metal.
Agreed. Silver happens to be my favorite anyway, but it is by far the easiest to "keep" clean. Though I don't recommend it, you can literally go without washing it for an amazing amount of time.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts
I have Palladium and I love it. It's a very light silver and looks great most of the time. Very hard to see the dirt. I was going to get white, but decided at the last minute to change when I saw the Palladium. Yesterday while at the car wash (sorry guys, I don't hand wash), a guy who pulled up in an 04 TL (my previous car that I totalled in June) came up to me and raved how sharp my car looked. He loved it and couldn't say enough about it. Good luck..
Old 11-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you considering palladium silver metallic? This is what mine looked like on the day I drove it off the lot a week ago...

And even after two days of rain, the car's hidden the dirt very well.

Silver exterior with black interior in general is an awesome contrast.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:52 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
Premium White Pearl. I got this color, and even though it's a lot of work to keep up with it, it's well worth it.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Intermediate

The cars that i have owned were black, sliver and midnight blue metallic.

Black i will never buy again because its impossible to keep clean. I loved my silver car but the wife currently has a silver car and i am not sure about having 2 cars almost identical colors (07 civic alabaster silver). My current car in midnight blue looks nice but again a day or so after its washed it looks dirty again. also little scratches very visible.

Here is what i think of the colors.

vortex blue- looks really nice, they have 1 left in black interior. really afraid its going to be impossible to keep clean

PWP- i live in a townhouse and the Woman 2 doors down has this color with tan interior. really dont want to have the same color.

Red- looks ok but not really considering

Grigio- looks like the most metallic of the colors, the sales manager said its the most popular color. solid contender, they had 1 on the lot as of friday in my combo, alot in the tan interior

PMM- like this color also, they have about 4 or 5 remaining. prob the front runner. just want to know if the metal flake POPS as much as it does with the Grigio.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be honest Acura paints dont really have paint flakes that pop out. Lexus paints ('GS with Glacier Frost Mica- white with big blue flakes ) have more flakes. But for the tsx i say go for the grigio has it has brown earthy shade, not sure if its hard to clean. I love my red though its pain to keep clean. But its unique as many people on the forum havent seen one in real life. lol

Last edited by pbhak002; 11-07-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:41 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
i have grigio and you already know what i'd say lol. i picked it because its the closet color to black
Old 11-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
Grigio does look good when clean:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=56

However, I have to agree with everyone here. Compared to my wife's silver Accord, it does not preserve the clean look well. Her car hadn't been detailed in 5 years, and yet you couldn't really tell it was dirty. I spent most of the weekend "detailing" it and there's not that much difference between before and after.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Intermediate

Compare PMM and Grigio on the dealer's lot - side by side under different lighting conditions (dusk, overcast, sunny). That's the only way to tell your preference. Pictures on the internet and brochures can be misleading depending on the photograph and lighting, etc. Personally, Grigio was too brown for me (it made me think of mocha/coffee), and I got PMM instead, but I have a few comments:

1. I haven't really thought about the metallic aspect of PMM since buying the car over a month ago, and I don't really see large flakes in PMM like in the photos MrOtocinclus posted of what looks like a Grigio. Then again, you probably need to see the paint under the right lighting on a relatively clean car to see the flakes in Acura metallic paints because I didn't see flakes in Grigio on the dealer's lot either.

Here are the best photos of PMM on this website (props to sonic_s):
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-photograph-gallery-144/my-polished-metal-metallic-09-tsx-679255/

Obviously, I'm trying to convince you to get PMM...

2. I occasionally get pangs of regret for not getting palladium, but I think I would have looked longingly at PMM if I had gotten the palladium instead. The grass is always greener on the other side. It could also be a lighting thing...there are times I see a palladium, I think, "Wow! Beautiful!" and there are times when I think, "Rental car, dull, and boring."

3. I haven't washed my car since purchasing the car 5-6 weeks ago (it was washed once by the dealer a week after I bought it when I brought the car in to have the titan silver steering wheel trim installed) and it's been raining steadily recently, and my PMM still looks great/clean! Palladium would also likely hold up well in hiding dirt, but I'm not sure about Grigio's ability to hide dirt.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would suggest going for the Grigio, though the PMM will hide dirt fairly well.

I find that silver and gray hide dirt the best- my dad's Infiniti (silver) and my mom's Altima (gray) both can look clean for an insanely amount of time while my car (NBP) and my brother's car (dark green) get dirty fairly fast.

Personally though, the Grigio would be worth it to me. If I were to buy a 2G TSX, I would have bought Grigio.

And I second never buying black again. Every little thing shows up! :/
Old 11-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Advanced

Although black is the hardest to keep clean, I think it looks the best when clean though. My personal favorite is the red, but I have a grigio that I like. I don't think it looks anywhere near brown, but shrugs. Either of the two silvers would hide dirt the best, but I'm not a fan of silver cars in general.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:52 AM
kgs
Advanced

the wife currently has a silver car and i am not sure about having 2 cars almost identical colors
while the palladium metallic is technically silver, it's not a standard silver, so I wouldn't rule it out just yet. My PM is a month old now and it looks different under different light sources. I was admiring it in the sun the other day and the PM tends towards toupe-y silver vs a straight silver. I chose PM b/c I knew it would hide dirt the best being that it's my daily driver of 80 miles/day - it wasn't my first choice, but now I can't see myself with any other color - I love it! Plus, if you want dirt hiding abilities, you can't beat it. I just sat in 2+ hours of traffic in sleet, freezing rain, and falling leaves and my car looks as clean as it did before I pulled it out of the garage this morning (and it was sparkling!)
Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
i originally wanted the grigio but my wife said it looked like brown dog shit. no offense to the grigio owners. hehehe. so i went with a polished metal metallic.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:30 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

^im offended.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If your dealer has ALL the colors available for the TSX on his lot...then why not go there and look at all them and decide for yourself?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by coffeefingers
If your dealer has ALL the colors available for the TSX on his lot...then why not go there and look at all them and decide for yourself?
Great suggestion.

Come to think of it, that's exactly what I did. I was leaning towards Grigio or PMM until I saw the palladium metallic and got to compare one in the sunlight as well as a dimly-lit warehouse vs. those two.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Intermediate

I did the day i test drove it and made the deal. They all have some funky protective coating on the hood/ fenders/ trunk. I guess this is to protect them in shipping?

I asked here because i figured the owners would say why they got 1 color over the other.

I called back and picked the Polished Metal. I am going after work to put the deposit down.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
if you have a wife or girlfriend, ask her thoughts on the Grigio. im kinda curious. hahaha
Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
kgs
Advanced

I called back and picked the Polished Metal. I am going after work to put the deposit down.
Congratulations!!! Good luck and happy driving!

They all have some funky protective coating on the hood/ fenders/ trunk. I guess this is to protect them in shipping?
it is. I encountered the same thing at my dealer and couldn't tell what any of the true colors were at all. When you pick up the car - make sure you thoroughly check that all the coating was removed in their prep. I had to bring mine back for another wash b/c under different lighting, I noticed that there was still some left. It may not be as bad on the darker color, but it was really hard to see the leftover stuff on PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

i actually asked mine and she said she doesnt see a brown in it LOL. i actually dont reli see a lot myself either..sometimes in the sun i see a slight slight hint..but if i dont pay attention i dont reli notice it lol
Old 11-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Intermediate

if you have a wife or girlfriend, ask her thoughts on the Grigio. im kinda curious. hahaha
my wife didnt care what color i got. Black was out for us both so that would have been the only color there could have been an issue on. She didnt see the brown in the grigio.

she actually wanted white and if there was more pearl or metallic i would have agreed.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Cruisin'

I have a grigio and I love it, very unique color. Silver is just too generic for me.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Instructor

Crystal Black Pearl, while it is hard to keep clean, nothing beats a freshly clean black car, u notice the effort alot more, and it just looks so sexy when clean
Old 11-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I got a Grigio for ME, not for my wife, left alone g/f. I decided what color to choose, girls absolutely have no input especially come in this automobile stuff.