Progress :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012 | 06:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

tinted tails look good its usually not my cup of tea but yours change my opinion
Old 03-05-2012 | 08:57 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tobwac
tinted tails look good its usually not my cup of tea but yours change my opinion
Thanks man! I think it's all in how you do them. I usually dont like the tannish gray tinge they give the white/clear areas of the lights, so I cut those parts out. I used the same material to tint the chrome decals on the back... I'll put up a pic if you'd like to see.

Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
Awesome update!

Can you do a pic of one light with just one blue lens cap and see how much blue it actually shines?
I know I was interested in the lens caps they have, especially those warm white looking ones.
How many lens caps did you get per $6.99?

And now I'm wondering if the vanity lights are worth it or not.... would be nice not to be blinded by surprise when I actually do end up using the vanity mirror the one time in my life.

I'll have to try the blue at night so its reflection is more visible. I can try to cover the other LEDs while I do it because they all operate together on the panel.

For the lens caps, you get enough for the map lights with the kit for that price, otherwise they are 10 for $5, and you can get any combination of colors you want.

Also, I emailed them regarding your concern about the vanity brightness, as others have also mentioned LED brightness as an issue for the vanities they got from other places and now they are creating a lower output version per our request . I have to say they have great service. Not a lot of places I've ordered from that respond so quickly to consumer input. I'm thinking that will clear up the vanity light concern for a lot of people on the fence too. I think I'm going to trade for the 'medium' output.. I'll definitely post about it here when I get them in.
The following users liked this post:
ejongjin (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012 | 12:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tobwac
yeah, 2nd gen TSX looks great with tinted tail.
busyb02 (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012 | 06:10 PM
Goodbye.

Originally Posted by busyb02
I'll have to try the blue at night so its reflection is more visible. I can try to cover the other LEDs while I do it because they all operate together on the panel.

For the lens caps, you get enough for the map lights with the kit for that price, otherwise they are 10 for $5, and you can get any combination of colors you want.

Also, I emailed them regarding your concern about the vanity brightness, as others have also mentioned LED brightness as an issue for the vanities they got from other places and now they are creating a lower output version per our request . I have to say they have great service. Not a lot of places I've ordered from that respond so quickly to consumer input. I'm thinking that will clear up the vanity light concern for a lot of people on the fence too. I think I'm going to trade for the 'medium' output.. I'll definitely post about it here when I get them in.
leave the rest of the led lights uncovered. I sorta wanted to see what just one blue lens cap would do... might just give a nice tint that's not too imposing.

I'm a bit confused about the vanity light outputs now... you said they are working on a low output, but you're going to get a medium output one now?
Old 03-06-2012 | 06:54 PM
Safety Car

leave the rest of the led lights uncovered. I sorta wanted to see what just one blue lens cap would do... might just give a nice tint that's not too imposing.

I'm a bit confused about the vanity light outputs now... you said they are working on a low output, but you're going to get a medium output one now?
Xenon LED's can be blinding straight in your eyes(your vanity lights), but they are crisper looking because they are white. exLED is gonna work on creating the same color, but a less blinding output(medium intensity)
Old 03-06-2012 | 08:13 PM
Cruisin'

Got my exLED set on Monday and installed today. Was the version 2 which came with map, dome, vanity, door, trunk, and tag LED. Thanks again for the write up from busyb02. Would have never bought the set without seeing his review. Went with the 5000k to match the interior lights. Very very close match. very crisp look. Other thoughts:

Map/Dome - I'm really glad the map and dome light come with a brightness control. Not sure what I would do if I couldn't turn the interior ones down. As stated before, they can get as bright as Walmart lights. Right now, I have them set a little over the lowest setting.
Door - Great that they shine in the car and on the ground. Not that i really need light on the ground, but it's real easy to see the area around the car. Plus I feel like light is actually emitting into the car from the door.
Vanity - I think they're too bright for me. Debating on what to do here. I actually didn't plan on them being in bundle when ordered, so we'll see. Maybe I just need to get used to them.
Trunk - Much improvement! I can actually see inside my trunk at night.
Tail - White as opposed to yellow. Brighter. Not much to comment since I really wanted to change out the interiors or than anything. Most work to install, but not exLED's fault.

My drivers side map light didn't work and I've been in contact with exLED for a replacement. Besides that, I'm very satisfied. I'm usually not about the "all in one" kits, but this one for sure is a must. I'm fine paying a little extra for quality custom fitting products.

P.S. As typing this, I got an email from Jin over at exLED saying he's sending out a replacement map light. I'm sending him the broken one back and he's refunding the shipping cost. Great customer service.
busyb02 (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012 | 08:20 PM
Safety Car

beside the quality of these LED's which seems amazing, and the fact that they are custom fit, and the little caps is a cool idea, the customer service seems excellent. thats a big selling point for me. after taking a look at Stak's eventually i may order myself a set. maybe we should organize a group buy? im sure we could get 10+ orders within a week or two. someone ask Jin about it please =)
Old 03-06-2012 | 08:29 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

yea pyro, take a look at mine once i'm done changing everything out. still dunno how to tackle the license plate lights though. dunno how to take off the chrome piece without breaking it. is it possible to get to the license lights through the trunk liner?
Old 03-06-2012 | 09:24 PM
Intermediate

Ok I tried to do that but I get a very faint blue touch. It's not like a blue blend, its more of a hint of blue at the end of the spot cast on the ground. The 5000K white is bright, and blue dissipates easily; and unfortunately I don't have a great camera that would show you the difference in a photo . Just using my Nokia N82 (cell phone) which is great for a phone cam, but alas not great with night shots.

If you do want to try doing like a hint of blue, remember they are a fully custom manufacturer. You can do any setup you can imagine within reason. I think the hint of blue you seek may be accomplished this way: if you're aiming to do a light blue, you can do 6000K or higher to accomplish this. You could get 5000K on the part facing the door, and 6000K or 7000K on the ground-facing panel for that futuristic looking blue. Or you could request alternating blue and white LEDs on the bottom portion of the door module, but that might look like a design on the ground lol.

And for the vanity output, what Pyro said. The ones I have now are high output, so the one I'm getting is going to be a lower output. I just said medium because it will probably cast clearer light than the stock bulbs which are pretty much candlelight.

Originally Posted by PyroDave
Xenon LED's can be blinding straight in your eyes(your vanity lights), but they are crisper looking because they are white. exLED is gonna work on creating the same color, but a less blinding output(medium intensity)

I have the 3500K in my vanities which looks like more natural light in the mirror. The color is super nice for this application.

If i could describe it simply, the 5000K is the color of moonlight, and the 3500K is the color of sunlight.

Originally Posted by petsheep
Got my exLED set on Monday and installed today. Was the version 2 which came with map, dome, vanity, door, trunk, and tag LED. Thanks again for the write up from busyb02. Would have never bought the set without seeing his review. Went with the 5000k to match the interior lights. Very very close match. very crisp look. Other thoughts:

Map/Dome - I'm really glad the map and dome light come with a brightness control. Not sure what I would do if I couldn't turn the interior ones down. As stated before, they can get as bright as Walmart lights. Right now, I have them set a little over the lowest setting.
Door - Great that they shine in the car and on the ground. Not that i really need light on the ground, but it's real easy to see the area around the car. Plus I feel like light is actually emitting into the car from the door.
Vanity - I think they're too bright for me. Debating on what to do here. I actually didn't plan on them being in bundle when ordered, so we'll see. Maybe I just need to get used to them.
Trunk - Much improvement! I can actually see inside my trunk at night.
Tail - White as opposed to yellow. Brighter. Not much to comment since I really wanted to change out the interiors or than anything. Most work to install, but not exLED's fault.

My drivers side map light didn't work and I've been in contact with exLED for a replacement. Besides that, I'm very satisfied. I'm usually not about the "all in one" kits, but this one for sure is a must. I'm fine paying a little extra for quality custom fitting products.

P.S. As typing this, I got an email from Jin over at exLED saying he's sending out a replacement map light. I'm sending him the broken one back and he's refunding the shipping cost. Great customer service.
Glad to hear that!

beside the quality of these LED's which seems amazing, and the fact that they are custom fit, and the little caps is a cool idea, the customer service seems excellent. thats a big selling point for me. after taking a look at Stak's eventually i may order myself a set. maybe we should organize a group buy? im sure we could get 10+ orders within a week or two. someone ask Jin about it please =)
Yeah the customer service is nothing shy of excellent. I can tell they're really committed. That group buy sounds like a cool idea lol. I'll email Jin about it for sure! I showed my cousin and my mom, both of whom have newer TLs and they loved the look. exLEDusa is working on a TL kit now, so I'm gonna recommend that for them.

Originally Posted by mrstak
yea pyro, take a look at mine once i'm done changing everything out. still dunno how to tackle the license plate lights though. dunno how to take off the chrome piece without breaking it. is it possible to get to the license lights through the trunk liner?
I do recall seeing someone doing this through intside of the trunk by removing the liner. It might actually be a little easier to work with through the liner as well. When I was changing it from the outside (I have the black plastic cover on 2010) one thing that really made it tough was the short cables that the lamp casings are attached to.

Last edited by busyb02; 03-06-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2012 | 09:38 PM
Cruisin'

I do recall seeing someone doing this through intside of the trunk by removing the liner. It might actually be a little easier to work with through the liner as well. When I was changing it from the outside (I have the black plastic cover on 2010) one thing that really made it tough was the short cables that the lamp casings are attached to.
Hmmm, am I missing something? The only way I could figure out how to install the tag lights was by removing the trunk liner. 3 plastic "pin tabs" and one "screw tab". Not sure the technical name. Once off, you can easily get behind the casing and remove the whole socket. Wish I took pictures to post.
Old 03-06-2012 | 09:48 PM
Intermediate

Hmmm, am I missing something? The only way I could figure out how to install the tag lights was by removing the trunk liner. 3 plastic "pin tabs" and one "screw tab". Not sure the technical name. Once off, you can easily get behind the casing and remove the whole socket. Wish I took pictures to post.
Haha you did it the "right" way I think. What year do you have though? On 2009/2010 you can pop off the black cover that surrounds the lights, then just pop out the casings and voila. From the sound of it though, it was still kind of a PITA under the trunk liner as well huh? It was worth the effort though, I love that 5000K glow on the tag.
Old 03-06-2012 | 09:49 PM
Safety Car

if you look at the exterior of your trunk, there is a flat piece above the license plate. if you take it off, the plasti cover over each light comes off. we pulled away the trunk liner, then pushed the entire housing out. we took off the plastic cover, replaced the bulbs, put the cover back on, and pulled it back into place in the trunk. the 2011/2012 also has a strip of chrome, which is whats bother stak, but me and busy didnt have to deal with
Old 03-06-2012 | 10:00 PM
2012 CBP Tsx Tech

From

To

Just got this done
+1 on the tinted tails and reflectors =) i like how the turn signals and reverse lights are left out too
busyb02 (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012 | 10:20 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

yea the piece above the plate is different for the 09/10 and the 11/12s. the 11/12s have a thick chrome piece which, i think, comes off the same way as the black thin piece of the 09/10 but i'm not willing to risk trying in case it breaks. i was able to get to the licence housing super easy on the 09/10s.
Old 03-06-2012 | 10:20 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

petsheep, what year is your tsx?
Old 03-06-2012 | 10:21 PM
Goodbye.

hmm with the map lights being so bright, it might be 'cool' to just leave the back dome light off, since I don't have people sit back there often anyways...

Think I'll wait for those lower output vanity lights before ordering, wanna see how they look.

mrstak, did you pick up your new car already?
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:34 AM
Intermediate

hmm with the map lights being so bright, it might be 'cool' to just leave the back dome light off, since I don't have people sit back there often anyways...

Think I'll wait for those lower output vanity lights before ordering, wanna see how they look.

What color combo is your TSX? I'll take a pic unlocking the car so you can see how it looks from outside. I'll do it with the dome on and off. Mine's an ebony interior, but the liner is light gray so you should be able to see how it looks on dark and light colors. As soon as I get the modified vanities in I'll throw some pics up of those too.
Old 03-07-2012 | 08:14 AM
Cruisin'

petsheep, what year is your tsx?
Old 03-07-2012 | 08:34 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

yes indeed i did pick up my car. not many people have seen it though...haven't really shown anyone anything yet.

hm i guess the only way to get to the license plate lights is through the trunk liner then. what a pain...
Old 03-07-2012 | 09:29 AM
Instructor

Nice looking car man. Really like the LED lights, and the tint work you had done!! I am going to look into the LED site and see about getting those for my TSX. I am just trying to find out which are the best for the $ without spending alot of $. If my car wasn't leased, i would do so much more to it. but for now keeping it simple.
Old 03-07-2012 | 11:47 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by atlACURAboi
Nice looking car man. Really like the LED lights, and the tint work you had done!! I am going to look into the LED site and see about getting those for my TSX. I am just trying to find out which are the best for the $ without spending alot of $. If my car wasn't leased, i would do so much more to it. but for now keeping it simple.
you may wanna wait a few days. we may be trying to do a group buy on these LED's because as of now i think they are handsdown the best ones. currently i have the other crowd favorite ones from WardenJP on ebay. they came out cheaper to about 60 all around, but they take 2-3 weeks to come, and they arent as good as the exLED ones. btw, my car is also leased, so i've made sure that its an easy conversion back to stock, if you need any tips/help
atlACURAboi (03-20-2012)
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by atlACURAboi
Thanks man! Still got a few more tweaks to come.

How long do you have left on your lease?

I would highly recommend exLED. The customization level alone sets them apart from a lot of the generic LEDs you can get, plus they are designed specifically for the TSX. I know some people have gotten generic LEDs for less $, but this def gets you the best bang for your buck.

It depends on what's most important to you. MrStak showed me their site, and then I did some shopping around before I settled on this kit. I heard people talking about mismatched color temperature, and major variation in brightness from one unit to the next, from the same manufacturer. People with uncontrollably bright units... Basically return shipping waiting to happen.

I saw a lot of pictures pictures of other LED installs in many cars, but these stood out. For me, I wanted to get it as close to the dash lights as possible (accomplished with the 5000K color option), and I wanted brightness control for the interior. In addition, I got the option to change colors with clip lenses, lights that fill out the housings for a professional look, and top notch customer service.

I mean, when your lease is up, I'm pretty sure you could find someone with a 2009 or later TSX to buy the kit from you to recoup most of your investment too.

you may wanna wait a few days. we may be trying to do a group buy on these LED's because as of now i think they are handsdown the best ones. currently i have the other crowd favorite ones from WardenJP on ebay. they came out cheaper to about 60 all around, but they take 2-3 weeks to come, and they arent as good as the exLED ones. btw, my car is also leased, so i've made sure that its an easy conversion back to stock, if you need any tips/help
Pyro, I emailed Jin at exLED about the group buy. I'll update soon as I hear back!

Last edited by busyb02; 03-07-2012 at 12:38 PM.
atlACURAboi (03-20-2012)
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:47 PM
Goodbye.

What color combo is your TSX? I'll take a pic unlocking the car so you can see how it looks from outside. I'll do it with the dome on and off. Mine's an ebony interior, but the liner is light gray so you should be able to see how it looks on dark and light colors. As soon as I get the modified vanities in I'll throw some pics up of those too.
GLM/Ebony. So yeah, your interior is pretty much the same as mine. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2012 | 12:47 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

lol i emailed Jin too.
Old 03-07-2012 | 07:28 PM
Cruisin'

Update... I noticed today that the picture on my backup cam is much more visible in the dark with the new lights. Definitely a plus!
busyb02 (03-15-2012)
Old 03-15-2012 | 02:07 AM
Intermediate

Sorry, busy past few days... But I got the modified vanity LEDs aaaand... Bingo

On the left is the new modified output, and the right is the original brightness. Perfect output level now, comfortable to look at even at night; and the color, again, is cleeeean. Makes the stock bulbs look like birthday candles.

Had my mom use the vanity just to see how she liked it, and she agrees: it's more like using one of these

I'm sure my fiance will love it when she uses it too.

TSXy Luster

I tried to get this right in the pictures man but I really need a real camera to get it right. My phone camera is great for a phone, does a/f, macro, xenon flash and all, but it's got the achilles heel of poor low-light quality.

Here's what I got, mind you this does it almost no justice :|

My map/dome LEDs are turned all the way down. In reality it looks brighter than pictured, but it's tasteful, not tacky.

In this one, I left the vanities open, so this is a lot truer to the look, minus the 3500k color on the front seats. If you look at the back seat, that is what it's like in reality. Of course some people might want it brighter, and it can definitely deliver bright lol.

And I also got a lot more clip lenses in different colors and finishes, so I'll be able to show you how the blue looks, and some other colors. I'll take pics with them tomorrow

GROUP BUY...

Well there is a little process you have to go through to gain vendor privileges on here, and exLED is making it happen, but there will be a tiered discount. If 10 people get in, there will be a nice discount, and if 20 people get in, an even better discount; so if you're interested, and if you know other people who aren't registered on Acurazine but have TSXs that would want these, we're going to have to figure out an approved way to get everyone on a list here.

Last edited by busyb02; 03-15-2012 at 02:12 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by busyb02:
ejongjin (03-16-2012), FlipRizzi (03-15-2012), TSXy Luster (03-15-2012)
Old 03-15-2012 | 11:30 AM
Goodbye.

THANKS MAN!!!

btw so if I was going to order the modified vanity lights, what are they called?
Old 03-18-2012 | 03:35 PM
Instructor

new videos for exLED!

Here is a Youtube video about RSX's
red dome and 5K white front map light.

This video is not about TSX but they are using same dome light so you can see how the dome lights look like. the color of this dome light is red.

Old 03-18-2012 | 03:38 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

got me thinking maybe i should change the vanity mirror led. right now they are bright as hell LOL. when my gf first opened it she was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

now she use it as map light sometimes lmfao!
Old 03-18-2012 | 03:45 PM
Instructor

haha. too bright vanity lights are not good lol
Old 03-18-2012 | 04:19 PM
Карты убийцы

You all are talking lights, but I really love the glass-like look on the roof. What's the process and how much????
Old 03-18-2012 | 05:32 PM
Cruisin'

any updates on the group buy? sorry for being impatient
Old 03-20-2012 | 05:41 PM
Instructor

Thanks man! Still got a few more tweaks to come.

How long do you have left on your lease?

I would highly recommend exLED. The customization level alone sets them apart from a lot of the generic LEDs you can get, plus they are designed specifically for the TSX. I know some people have gotten generic LEDs for less $, but this def gets you the best bang for your buck.

It depends on what's most important to you. MrStak showed me their site, and then I did some shopping around before I settled on this kit. I heard people talking about mismatched color temperature, and major variation in brightness from one unit to the next, from the same manufacturer. People with uncontrollably bright units... Basically return shipping waiting to happen.

I saw a lot of pictures pictures of other LED installs in many cars, but these stood out. For me, I wanted to get it as close to the dash lights as possible (accomplished with the 5000K color option), and I wanted brightness control for the interior. In addition, I got the option to change colors with clip lenses, lights that fill out the housings for a professional look, and top notch customer service.

I mean, when your lease is up, I'm pretty sure you could find someone with a 2009 or later TSX to buy the kit from you to recoup most of your investment too.

Pyro, I emailed Jin at exLED about the group buy. I'll update soon as I hear back!
I am for sure sold on these! I will looking into getting some soon. Vacation coming up this weekend so funds are tight for a couple weeks. I did a 36 month lease. I am about 8 months into it, so I have a while left on my lease. $114 is to bad, and i would rather have something that has great reviews, and made for the car, and it seems Jin is a good person with awesome customer service to take care of us! thats a big plus!
Old 03-20-2012 | 05:46 PM
Instructor

thanks man!! pretty jelious that you have a votex blue tsx. i wanted a v6 one with ebony interior but that isnt a "in" market color here. shipping to get one here was to much, i mean i had to pay $1200 to get my PWP ebony here from up north because there wasnt one any where in driving distance to atlanta to get.

mthaxton09@gmail.com
Old 07-11-2012 | 11:14 AM
Instructor

From

To

Just got this done
What did you use to do this and where did you get it?