Passenger seat back not heated ? ? Why!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010 | 07:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by shabadoo25
It's a shame that there was no way to find out that the Acura didn't have heated back seats BEFORE buying it.
Before my Acura's, I never thought of even asking about this b/c the heated seats I had in other makes, some not even luxury companies, both parts of the seat heated up so I just assumed that it was the same for Acura.

Of course, during the test drive your sitting in the drivers seat and I tried the heated seat out while driving and since that seat heats up both parts I again summed the passenger did as well. It wasn't until after I had it a few days and my Dad was driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat that I found out the hard way.

I learned my lesson so now when I sit or test drive any make of vehicle, I check to make sure that both parts heat up in the passenger seat before even considering a car.

The shame with Acura is, I've brought this up with them several times since 2006 and they still have not addressed it.

Last edited by smarty666; 10-13-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-13-2010 | 10:22 AM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

Originally Posted by cyberbro
Not a good example because one is standard on every car with heated seat and the other is an expensive OPTION on very few cars! See the difference, I'm sure in the middle of a dessert this will not matter either way about heat in a seat but thanks for playing anyway.
Actually in the middle of the desert(where I live) having heated seats does matter. I use my heated seats in the winter all the time. It can get quite cold in our desert. If I had to gripe though like I said before, ventilated seats would mean more to me than a passenger seat back that was heated.
Old 10-13-2010 | 12:14 PM
Racer

I wish Acura had an ice cream making machine in the front...you know for those hot summer days.
Old 10-13-2010 | 12:18 PM
it's a car-drive it

while we are wishing-I wish the acura would have adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitor, cooled seats, better paint, foglights that will not crack. In order to get all that I will probably have to pay more so I am happy with it the way it is.
Old 10-13-2010 | 12:21 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Originally Posted by coffeefingers
i wish acura had an ice cream making machine in the front...you know for those hot summer days.
lolol
Old 10-13-2010 | 03:14 PM
Burning Brakes

I wish my TSX had a flux capacitor. 1.21 jigawatts!

Old 10-13-2010 | 03:28 PM
Racer

Hey...at least the Flux Capacitor has LEDs...which our cars don't.

Originally Posted by ressling

Old 10-13-2010 | 06:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ressling

Can't wait until the blu ray comes out!
Old 10-13-2010 | 08:54 PM
Advanced

The new Hyundai Equus Ultimate has a mini fridge in the back. Now that's a cool option!
Old 10-15-2010 | 10:52 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by justnspace
I agree with nj2pa2nc.
My car is great for what its worth and Ive never had any problems with it.
who cares for some silly amenity that you're not even using anyway.
If you want useless amenities, you bought the wrong car.
I agree 100%. Why the hell buy a car for features that you probably won't use?

Dude, heated rear seats? Do they affect you, the driver? No. I can careless if the backseat had heated or not heated seats. Why? Because I won't be using it. I doubt the passengers care either. For me also, I don't drive enough people. There's only usually 1~2 passengers in both my cars.

Also, people complaining about how the Nissan Versa and Kia has push start. Hey, Mercedes-Benz and BMW doesn't offer unless you pay well over 700$ for it. Would you pay 700$ for a button to push to start a car? Coming from a spoiled kid (I admit it) even I think $700 is a waste of money for a push start. Did you know the Porsche GT2 RS doesn't have a push start? So the 250K+ GT2 RS is bad compared to the Kia and Nissan Versa, huh? /Sarcasm. Just because a car doesn't have push start don't mean crap. Push start is a waste, and frankly its the same as turning the key. Benz and BMW take advantage of people that want it for no reason and make big money off of it. Jeeez. Acura is doing fine. If they weren't doing fine then how is Honda/Acura the #2 JDM car brand still. Yeah, Nissan offers more of these new features, but for a way higher price. G37 sedans come OTD for 45K, and Nissan/Infiniti remains at 3rd place for JDM. Lexus/Toyota still at the top considering the issues they had. This is my vent to people that think you really need all these useless features that you can do fine w/o. Heat rear seats, Ha. Heated front seats are gonna be used more than the back.
Old 10-16-2010 | 01:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
I agree 100%. Why the hell buy a car for features that you probably won't use?

Dude, heated rear seats? Do they affect you, the driver? No. I can careless if the backseat had heated or not heated seats. Why? Because I won't be using it. I doubt the passengers care either. For me also, I don't drive enough people. There's only usually 1~2 passengers in both my cars.

Also, people complaining about how the Nissan Versa and Kia has push start. Hey, Mercedes-Benz and BMW doesn't offer unless you pay well over 700$ for it. Would you pay 700$ for a button to push to start a car? Coming from a spoiled kid (I admit it) even I think $700 is a waste of money for a push start. Did you know the Porsche GT2 RS doesn't have a push start? So the 250K+ GT2 RS is bad compared to the Kia and Nissan Versa, huh? /Sarcasm. Just because a car doesn't have push start don't mean crap. Push start is a waste, and frankly its the same as turning the key. Benz and BMW take advantage of people that want it for no reason and make big money off of it. Jeeez. Acura is doing fine. If they weren't doing fine then how is Honda/Acura the #2 JDM car brand still. Yeah, Nissan offers more of these new features, but for a way higher price. G37 sedans come OTD for 45K, and Nissan/Infiniti remains at 3rd place for JDM. Lexus/Toyota still at the top considering the issues they had. This is my vent to people that think you really need all these useless features that you can do fine w/o. Heat rear seats, Ha. Heated front seats are gonna be used more than the back.
G37 does not come OTD for 45k! Get a clue, the features your referring to can be had for $39-41k in the G37. Your talking a loaded up car with the wheel package, sports, package, etc. Most people don't even get those packages on the car. The price is $39-41k.
Old 10-17-2010 | 06:09 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by smarty666
G37 does not come OTD for 45k! Get a clue, the features your referring to can be had for $39-41k in the G37. Your talking a loaded up car with the wheel package, sports, package, etc. Most people don't even get those packages on the car. The price is $39-41k.
Allow me to prove you wrong so you can get off my case, fanboy.

Infiniti G37 Journey:
Start: $35,050.00 (The starting price of the car is already expensive, did you know the C300 starts at 33K only? Why buy an Infiniti when you can get a Benz for cheaper?)
Premium Package $2,150.00
Navigation Package $1,850.00
Sport Package (RWD) $2,150.00 Navigation Package $1,850.00 Interior Accents Package $600.00${title}${formprice} Accessories** ${title}${formprice} Nismo ${title}${formprice} Configured MSRP* $43,000.00 Destination and Handling $875.00 Total MSRP* $43,875.00
with tax (SF): 47.9K. Isn't it about 45K OTD?

Most G models are made with Tech package because people buy it with the tech package, which also make you get the woodtrim interior. Also, the Accent package is what most people get. You should most models at the dealership are made to what most people will buy. Besides, we are talking the fully loaded price of the G, right? I been saying that since the first post.

• Intelligent Cruise Control[11] with Preview Braking[12] • Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto recirculation and Plasmacluster™ air purifier • Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts • Rain-sensing, variable intermittent front windshield wipers
Old 10-17-2010 | 06:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Allow me to prove you wrong so you can get off my case, fanboy.

Infiniti G37 Journey:
Start: $35,050.00 (The starting price of the car is already expensive, did you know the C300 starts at 33K only? Why buy an Infiniti when you can get a Benz for cheaper?)
Premium Package $2,150.00
Navigation Package $1,850.00
Sport Package (RWD) $2,150.00 Navigation Package $1,850.00 Interior Accents Package $600.00${title}${formprice} Accessories** ${title}${formprice} Nismo ${title}${formprice} Configured MSRP* $43,000.00 Destination and Handling $875.00 Total MSRP* $43,875.00
with tax (SF): 47.9K. Isn't it about 45K OTD?

Most G models are made with Tech package because people buy it with the tech package, which also make you get the woodtrim interior. Also, the Accent package is what most people get. You should most models at the dealership are made to what most people will buy. Besides, we are talking the fully loaded price of the G, right? I been saying that since the first post.

• Intelligent Cruise Control[11] with Preview Braking[12] • Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto recirculation and Plasmacluster™ air purifier • Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts • Rain-sensing, variable intermittent front windshield wipers
Get a clue Acura fanboy, I love how you quote prices for vehicles you do not even have, but don't even shop b/c they are such overpriced bad vehicles in your opinion.

At my local Infiniti dealers, 80% of the G37'S Come with AWD and the premium package. That totals a msrp of $39,675. The other 15% of the G37's come with AWD, premium, and navigation with a total msrp of $41,525. The other small small minority comes with everything which is $44,475.

You know where I got those prices, OFF THE WINDOW STICKERS OF THE ACTUAL VEHICLES. Most G's are not equipped with tech packages so thats another fabrication. That package is in a small minority with the sport packages.

THe majority of G37's are $39-42k bucks, they are not all near $45k like your trying to make them out to be.

You know why you can't get a benz for cheaper, b/c if you load up the benz with all the technology and features the G37 has at $39-42k, its going to cost a lot more than that. Load a C-Class, with all the premium packages, navigation, and the other option accessories and you get much more than $40k for it. Your anti-Infiniti propaganda is really starting to get old.

Last edited by smarty666; 10-17-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2010 | 09:35 PM
10th Gear

when I bought my Tsx I wanted all the features in the world...... the car in the link is the car I wish I had and that all you who are complaining about not have blank feature should build/buy......

http://waycoolpictures.blogspot.com/...-cadillac.html
Old 10-27-2010 | 09:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GrigioX
heated seat is the least of the tsx's problem.

New FORD's have more tech than our garbage.

"advance" my ass.
Wow. Just when I thought some of the whiners couldnt go any further....
Old 10-28-2010 | 12:19 PM
Racer

On first thought, I felt like this was kind of a stupid complaint. I mean, if you had back problems before purchase and you know this, then you should pay enough attention when car-shopping to address those issues.

HOWEVER, when I bought my 06' S40 I neglected to ensure iPod compatibility. I made the assumption that since other cheaper cars at the time had at minimum an aux input jack, that my S40 would be no different. I was wrong. The car's configuration was integrated into the stereo, which was integrated into the center stack, which was connected to the rest of the car using fiber optics.

That being said, the only means of connecting an iPod was through an FM-modulator attachment or an in-line FM transmitter, neither would sound great on a road trip.

And while Acura, who held onto the cassette tape for what most people would consider too long, may not seem advanced... I'd loved to have had the option for a AUX to TAPE adapter for my iPod.

This contributed to my separation from the Volvo, which was an otherwise great car, but I really can't say it was a failure on the part of Volvo, just the way things are.

Acura has done well taking care of the DRIVER in our cars, the passengers recieve a degree of luxury, but I think that its reasonable that they don't have heated chairbacks or as many seat position adjustments.
Old 10-28-2010 | 12:24 PM
Je t'aime...

Get a clue Acura fanboy, I love how you quote prices for vehicles you do not even have, but don't even shop b/c they are such overpriced bad vehicles in your opinion.

At my local Infiniti dealers, 80% of the G37'S Come with AWD and the premium package. That totals a msrp of $39,675. The other 15% of the G37's come with AWD, premium, and navigation with a total msrp of $41,525. The other small small minority comes with everything which is $44,475.

You know where I got those prices, OFF THE WINDOW STICKERS OF THE ACTUAL VEHICLES. Most G's are not equipped with tech packages so thats another fabrication. That package is in a small minority with the sport packages.

THe majority of G37's are $39-42k bucks, they are not all near $45k like your trying to make them out to be.

You know why you can't get a benz for cheaper, b/c if you load up the benz with all the technology and features the G37 has at $39-42k, its going to cost a lot more than that. Load a C-Class, with all the premium packages, navigation, and the other option accessories and you get much more than $40k for it. Your anti-Infiniti propaganda is really starting to get old.
F**K off Nissan fan boy. I say one thing about Nissan and you go all ape shit on me. Seriously. You love your car so much then go marry it. I explained myself time and time again I'm a BMW Fan boy, so why don't you take your Infiniti biasness else where. You know you are in an Acura Forum right? People like you make me sick, you come here to promote other companies car. Do that shit at Infiniti forum, and fuck off Acura forums if you gonna shit on the cars here. Its facts. I know, I'm using a lot of profanity, but this guy needs to get a clue that he needs to stop with the crap. Did it ever come to your small little brain that prices might be different in California, because California drivers want differently loaded cars? Just because you say most of your cars at your state is all AWD for Infiniti don't mean Cali is. Well, it isn't too. Most of the Infiniti here are RWD, the dealer up in Marin mostly have RWD models. With the MSRP at 40K++. Get off my case you Infiniti-tard. I did nothing wrong, all I did was try to defend a brand you are harassing on an Acura forum. If you keep pushing it why don't you read some of the comments you stated before talking. At one point you said Infiniti is more fuel efficient than Acura, but then you retracted the statement and claim sarcasm. Sure. -.- Do us all a favor just stop with the Acura bashing. I'm sorry for this hateful post, but I just had to get shit off my shoulders.

EDIT: Honestly, I regret talking to you. I started, because two other members were already arguing with you, and I decided to step in to help them. Clearly, you have the brain of 5 year old to keep coming back to replying to me. I bet you are much older than me. I feel that you are pathetic for arguing with a 21 year old college student online. =)
Old 10-28-2010 | 07:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

F**K off Nissan fan boy. I say one thing about Nissan and you go all ape shit on me. Seriously. You love your car so much then go marry it. I explained myself time and time again I'm a BMW Fan boy, so why don't you take your Infiniti biasness else where. You know you are in an Acura Forum right? People like you make me sick, you come here to promote other companies car. Do that shit at Infiniti forum, and fuck off Acura forums if you gonna shit on the cars here. Its facts. I know, I'm using a lot of profanity, but this guy needs to get a clue that he needs to stop with the crap. Did it ever come to your small little brain that prices might be different in California, because California drivers want differently loaded cars? Just because you say most of your cars at your state is all AWD for Infiniti don't mean Cali is. Well, it isn't too. Most of the Infiniti here are RWD, the dealer up in Marin mostly have RWD models. With the MSRP at 40K++. Get off my case you Infiniti-tard. I did nothing wrong, all I did was try to defend a brand you are harassing on an Acura forum. If you keep pushing it why don't you read some of the comments you stated before talking. At one point you said Infiniti is more fuel efficient than Acura, but then you retracted the statement and claim sarcasm. Sure. -.- Do us all a favor just stop with the Acura bashing. I'm sorry for this hateful post, but I just had to get shit off my shoulders.

EDIT: Honestly, I regret talking to you. I started, because two other members were already arguing with you, and I decided to step in to help them. Clearly, you have the brain of 5 year old to keep coming back to replying to me. I bet you are much older than me. I feel that you are pathetic for arguing with a 21 year old college student online. =)
The only one showing he has teh brain of a 5 year old is you with your low class cursing, name calling, etc. I wouldn't have to respond if you posted correct information about a company you don't even have a vehicle from or shop from.

If anyone took things way to far it is you. All I did was respond to the OP's comments about the lack of seat back heating in the front passenger seat, while every other manufacturer does, and you and other Acura fan boys went all crazy like we were trashing the entire car. It is not too much for Acura to add a heating element to the seat like everyone else does. You and other's are making it into more than it needs to be. There is one thing you've proven to me, your an Acura fan boy where Acura can do no wrong. Grow up, and accept that not every car is perfect. God for bid someone made a a negative comment or an improvement for an Acura product. I find the Honda/Acura fanboy's are the one's, such as yourself, who get on people's back who make a negative remark or improvement for Acura to have.
Old 10-29-2010 | 08:39 PM
Je t'aime...

The only one showing he has teh brain of a 5 year old is you with your low class cursing, name calling, etc. I wouldn't have to respond if you posted correct information about a company you don't even have a vehicle from or shop from.

If anyone took things way to far it is you. All I did was respond to the OP's comments about the lack of seat back heating in the front passenger seat, while every other manufacturer does, and you and other Acura fan boys went all crazy like we were trashing the entire car. It is not too much for Acura to add a heating element to the seat like everyone else does. You and other's are making it into more than it needs to be. There is one thing you've proven to me, your an Acura fan boy where Acura can do no wrong. Grow up, and accept that not every car is perfect. God for bid someone made a a negative comment or an improvement for an Acura product. I find the Honda/Acura fanboy's are the one's, such as yourself, who get on people's back who make a negative remark or improvement for Acura to have.
For a person that seems to come off like he has a "life", sure really likes to argue with a bored college student. Seriously now, I think you should do something more productive. I mean, I'm just bored, and not doing homework or studying. Heck, you can be out there, and do something better with your life than whore yourself out on a forum complaining how bad Acura is, bias idiot. Are you gonna stop replying to me? Nah, I doubt it. You probably just want to keep defending your loving Infiniti. I didn't do anything wrong, but defend the car brand, because we are on an Acura forum. You come in here, and complain and complain and bitch about how Acura is this and that. Also, how Infiniti has this and that. I clearly see that you are promoting how you like Infiniti more. Read the shit you posted in other threads, very pro Infiniti. Everytime you talk down Acura, you bring up Infiniti. I mean even a monkey can see you are bias towards Infiniti. I highly suggested you even shut up with the Acura bashing, and saying how "heated passenger" seats are actually good, and go do something with your life. Acura CEO of US markets quoted, "Acura makes just enough luxury and performance." That tells us that Acura knows you don't need heated backseats. I mean you mind as well tell me your stupid Infiniti is more luxurious than my M3, because my "AMAZING INFINITI" has a back up camera, and your POS M3 don't even offer it. Yeah, The M3 is more luxurious than the whole Infiniti line up w/o a back up camera. This just proves my point that, you don't need stupid features to make your car so called "luxurious". AGAIN, I stress, why do you need features you won't use at all or most of the time? Heated rear seats in LA, ha, its always hot here, and besides how often do you drive 2+ people.

My advice: Shut up about Infiniti is better than Acura or just go to an Infiniti forum. You don't see me coming in here and saying BMW has this over Acura.

EDIT: You are telling me to grow up? I am young, you know? You on the other hand should take your own words to heart. I mean look what you are doing, you are arguing with a college student online, funny isn't? I actually do admit Acura needs improvement, but you need to admit that your POS yes POS Infiniti isn't better than Acura. Just because its "faster, or has useless crap people won't use" That isn't what makes a car "better". Example of useless crap is: Infiniti offers you a X # of GB of harddrive space for you to rip music to. I mean excuse me, why the f**k do I need that when I have a USB or AUX cable for my iPod/iPhone? Explain to me whats the point of having a USB or AUX Cable if the car offers you hard driver space to rip music on to it? Its telling you to rip your music to the car, so you can listen to your music w/o AUX or USB, but almost everyone always have their iPhone or iPod on them. I swear to god, the hard drive space is stupid. You pay more for it, and you probably won't even use it.

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 10-29-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-29-2010 | 08:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

For a person that seems to come off like he has a "life", sure really likes to argue with a bored college student. Seriously now, I think you should do something more productive. I mean, I'm just bored, and not doing homework or studying. Heck, you can be out there, and do something better with your life than whore yourself out on a forum complaining how bad Acura is, bias idiot. Are you gonna stop replying to me? Nah, I doubt it. You probably just want to keep defending your loving Infiniti. I didn't do anything wrong, but defend the car brand, because we are on an Acura forum. You come in here, and complain and complain and bitch about how Acura is this and that. Also, how Infiniti has this and that. I clearly see that you are promoting how you like Infiniti more. Read the shit you posted in other threads, very pro Infiniti. Everytime you talk down Acura, you bring up Infiniti. I mean even a monkey can see you are bias towards Infiniti. I highly suggested you even shut up with the Acura bashing, and saying how "heated passenger" seats are actually good, and go do something with your life. Acura CEO of US markets quoted, "Acura makes just enough luxury and performance." That tells us that Acura knows you don't need heated backseats. I mean you mind as well tell me your stupid Infiniti is more luxurious than my M3, because my "AMAZING INFINITI" has a back up camera, and your POS M3 don't even offer it. Yeah, The M3 is more luxurious than the whole Infiniti line up w/o a back up camera. This just proves my point that, you don't need stupid features to make your car so called "luxurious". AGAIN, I stress, why do you need features you won't use at all or most of the time? Heated rear seats in LA, ha, its always hot here, and besides how often do you drive 2+ people.

My advice: Shut up about Infiniti is better than Acura or just go to an Infiniti forum. You don't see me coming in here and saying BMW has this over Acura.

EDIT: You are telling me to grow up? I am young, you know? You on the other hand should take your own words to heart. I mean look what you are doing, you are arguing with a college student online, funny isn't? I actually do admit Acura needs improvement, but you need to admit that your POS yes POS Infiniti isn't better than Acura. Just because its "faster, or has useless crap people won't use" That isn't what makes a car "better". Example of useless crap is: Infiniti offers you a X # of GB of harddrive space for you to rip music to. I mean excuse me, why the f**k do I need that when I have a USB or AUX cable for my iPod/iPhone? Explain to me whats the point of having a USB or AUX Cable if the car offers you hard driver space to rip music on to it? Its telling you to rip your music to the car, so you can listen to your music w/o AUX or USB, but almost everyone always have their iPhone or iPod on them. I swear to god, the hard drive space is stupid. You pay more for it, and you probably won't even use it.
I have plenty to do and work for a living, I just get bored after work or during my breaks and have time to listen to your ridiculous rants. I find them quite entertaining and your comments just show how young and naive you are. Just like the one you just did and now the only one making himself look like a fool is yourself. Keep quoting Acura CEO's and making excuses for their lack of a easy/common feature its really going to help them in the long run. You haven't been over acurazine enough b/c there have been plenty of posts where I have complemented Acura and stated cons about Infiniti. But you haven't been here that long so I suggest you use the search function more often.

We get it, the M3 and TSX are perfect cars that don't need any improvement and everything else is trash! Very narrow view of the car market to say the least. By the way, the only reason I ever brought up Infiniti, was to correct misinformation about Infiniti you posted on several threads. Not my fault you can't get the prices and facts straight about their products.

I hope you don't have a turbo b/c then your BMW will be subject of the lastest recall on the fuel pump hosing! So much for all powerful/perfect BMW . You've mentioned several times how great your M3 is and your a BMW fanboy so you do talk about another make on here like everyone else does! That just proves to me you don't know jack squat about this site. Might want to visit autonews and car talk to see all makes are discussed on here, not just Acura. Wake up and get with the program!

I don't remember having this much free time in college to be on the internet. I studied my but off 24/7. You must have an easy/slack major

Last edited by smarty666; 10-29-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-30-2010 | 03:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by GbosilTLS07
Okay... my 2007 TLS no heat in the passenger seat back and now my 2010 TSX no heat in the seat back ? ? WTF ACURA!! BMW, AUDI etc... all heat their passenger seat backs!! I know...I know.. the Airbag module is in it! WTF! Why ? ? ?
It's not the module, it's the sensor network that is laminated to the seat foam in the seatback. There actually two systems in play. One detects the position of the occupant (OPDS) to turn off the side airbag if the passenger is blocking the deployment path, the second are the height sensors to keep the front airbag from injuring a child in a front airbag deployment.

http://corporate.honda.com/safety/de...aspx?id=airbag

^^ in the diagram, the vertical sensor on the side bolster (left) is for the OPDS, and the series of horizontal sensors in the center of the seat for the height sensors. It is these sensors that are incompatible with the heating element.
Old 10-31-2010 | 09:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colin
It's not the module, it's the sensor network that is laminated to the seat foam in the seatback. There actually two systems in play. One detects the position of the occupant (OPDS) to turn off the side airbag if the passenger is blocking the deployment path, the second are the height sensors to keep the front airbag from injuring a child in a front airbag deployment.

http://corporate.honda.com/safety/de...aspx?id=airbag

^^ in the diagram, the vertical sensor on the side bolster (left) is for the OPDS, and the series of horizontal sensors in the center of the seat for the height sensors. It is these sensors that are incompatible with the heating element.
Your information is 100% correct, and that is what Acura corporate told me as well, problem is, all the other manufactures have the same set-up for the airbag and are able to heat the front passenger seat back so that excuse is not acceptable. If the others can do it, then there should be no reason why Acura can not.
Old 10-31-2010 | 01:03 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ Do you know it's the same system? The Acura system detects the bio-electrical signal that the human body gives off to determine height. I'm not familiar enough with the mechanics of other manufacturers' system's to state it is or isn't exactly the same (for a fact).
Old 10-31-2010 | 01:29 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

If it is the same system, Acura has no excuse. It probably is or isn't, we don't know.

But I don't understand why people are throwing up in arms about the back of the passenger seat not being heated. Can anyone honestly say that the lack of a passenger heated backrest would've swayed their decision so much that they wouldn't buy their car?

I didn't know my passenger backrest wasn't heated until I rode with my mom in the winter. She made a note of it, but didn't particularly care. I couldn't give two shits because in the two years I've owned the car, I've ridden in the passenger seat twice. Once in the winter.

My point is that this is such a small miss to be complaining about, and if the diagram is indeed correct, it's fair. Not heated passenger backrest for passenger safety? I'll take that trade-off anyday.

Say what you want about current Acuras not having pushbutton start, or not ahead on the tech front, etc. Even if you believe that's true, fact of the matter is, you bought the car knowing its capabilities. Why the eff are you complaining now?
Old 11-06-2010 | 01:04 PM
Instructor

I'm betting smarty's NEXT whining rant is going to be how his garbage Acura doesnt have a sensor between his legs to alert him when the sand in his pu$$y starts to act up.
Old 11-06-2010 | 01:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RkFast
I'm betting smarty's NEXT whining rant is going to be how his garbage Acura doesnt have a sensor between his legs to alert him when the sand in his pu$$y starts to act up.
OHHH...SNAAAAAAAP!!!!

Old 11-06-2010 | 03:05 PM
Instructor

You have a better car than lots of people do. Be grateful for what this car is. It's still a great car and besides people in FL like myself could care less about a heated back of the seat or back seats as well. My girlfriend gets cold easy and she puts the heater on the passenger seat and has not complained. If it works for her it should work for anyone, trust me on that one..lol
Old 11-06-2010 | 09:01 PM
Je t'aime...

I have plenty to do and work for a living, I just get bored after work or during my breaks and have time to listen to your ridiculous rants. I find them quite entertaining and your comments just show how young and naive you are. Just like the one you just did and now the only one making himself look like a fool is yourself. Keep quoting Acura CEO's and making excuses for their lack of a easy/common feature its really going to help them in the long run. You haven't been over acurazine enough b/c there have been plenty of posts where I have complemented Acura and stated cons about Infiniti. But you haven't been here that long so I suggest you use the search function more often.

We get it, the M3 and TSX are perfect cars that don't need any improvement and everything else is trash! Very narrow view of the car market to say the least. By the way, the only reason I ever brought up Infiniti, was to correct misinformation about Infiniti you posted on several threads. Not my fault you can't get the prices and facts straight about their products.

I hope you don't have a turbo b/c then your BMW will be subject of the lastest recall on the fuel pump hosing! So much for all powerful/perfect BMW . You've mentioned several times how great your M3 is and your a BMW fanboy so you do talk about another make on here like everyone else does! That just proves to me you don't know jack squat about this site. Might want to visit autonews and car talk to see all makes are discussed on here, not just Acura. Wake up and get with the program!

I don't remember having this much free time in college to be on the internet. I studied my but off 24/7. You must have an easy/slack major
Yeah, I have a slack major and I party all day. Apparently, you don't have a job, and you live with your mom; that's how you have so much time to argue with a young adult over the internet?

Back on topic!

Thread starter, don't complain. If you are complaining about heated back seats, then why you buy the car to begin with? Who cares about heated back seats. Its another option for companies to make money.
Old 11-06-2010 | 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

The level of maturity in this thread is ridiculous.

It's just a car. Learn how to state your thoughts and opinions without arguing and attacking each other. Jeez.