Optional Front Bumper and mud gaurds

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Optional Front Bumper and mud gaurds

Hey, so I got the 2009 TSX, PWP with black interior. I love it so far, and am most likely going to add some accessories to it.

I really want to get the body kit, but I am not sure if I will like the rear, because I have never seen it, but I have seen pictures of the front bumper replacement, and its amazing. Changes the entire look of the car.

So I was wondering, so anyone who might have the body kit, can you tell if it sits lower? Meaning if I were to only get the front, would it look lower in the front than on the sides and rear? I want to just get the front and some mud gaurds........and lip deck spoiler on the trunk....

Anyone with some pics would be helping a lot. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go check this link out, you will get all the answers to your question and fall in love with the bodykit!! Its worth it. In my opinion, the kit is the same height as the original parts but gives it a much more aggressive stance....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27992672@N03/
Old 09-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 09TSX
Go check this link out, you will get all the answers to your question and fall in love with the bodykit!! Its worth it. In my opinion, the kit is the same height as the original parts but gives it a much more aggressive stance....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27992672@N03/
Hey. Take a look at my question for you in your other thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=679361&page=3

THANKS!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by AG11
Hey. Take a look at my question for you in your other thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=679361&page=3

THANKS!
Hi,

Thanks for the compliments about my car I will do my best to help answer your question but I am not sure where you are located and this may affect your answer. What you see on my car is an aerokit in which they replace the front and rear bumper (I have the original bumpers at home) and they add the side skirts (an add on) and the rear wing spoiler. What you see on my car is a complete kit. I think I did see on a european web side what you were refering in your other post. You cannot (to my understanding) order the car from Acura with thos options built on the car directly, the car will arrive at the dealership in its "stock form" and then the dealership will swap the bumpers and add the spoiler and side skirts. I know its a bit hard to make the decision without seeing it on the car, I was fortunate enough to travel into another larger city and saw one at the dealership with the aerokit on and fell in love with it. TRUST ME...your car will look really sharp with it and doubt you will regret it, I have soooooo many compliments on the aerokit!! BEST of luck!!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Advanced

09TSX: where did you get the aerokit? I'm thinking of getting it too.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mskchui
09TSX: where did you get the aerokit? I'm thinking of getting it too.
Just through my dealership.....
Old 09-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 09TSX
Hi,

Thanks for the compliments about my car I will do my best to help answer your question but I am not sure where you are located and this may affect your answer. What you see on my car is an aerokit in which they replace the front and rear bumper (I have the original bumpers at home) and they add the side skirts (an add on) and the rear wing spoiler. What you see on my car is a complete kit. I think I did see on a european web side what you were refering in your other post. You cannot (to my understanding) order the car from Acura with thos options built on the car directly, the car will arrive at the dealership in its "stock form" and then the dealership will swap the bumpers and add the spoiler and side skirts. I know its a bit hard to make the decision without seeing it on the car, I was fortunate enough to travel into another larger city and saw one at the dealership with the aerokit on and fell in love with it. TRUST ME...your car will look really sharp with it and doubt you will regret it, I have soooooo many compliments on the aerokit!! BEST of luck!!
Thanks for your reply and posting your pics on Flickr. They definitely made me decide to go with the areokit. I just wanted to make sure that what Acura would be installing on mine would be what I saw in your pictures....which appears to be the case. I don't know if you saw MMsTSX's post in the other thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679361&page=3)

...But he stated that the wording is incorrect on Acuras site and the underbody spoiler is really just the front lip- you can see the accessories here:

http://euro.honda.com.au/optional-extras.aspx

Now I just have to decide on color. I pretty sure that I'm gonna go with black but I do like the white- the kit seems stands out better on the white. I'll post my pictures when I get them. Thanks again- you really helped me out!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Racer

AG11...No problem for the help, people have helped me alot here so I do the same when I can!! I did see MMsTSX post in the other thread and he is correct about the facts being somewhat inaccurate. WHat I do have on my car is the aerokit itself.

I will admit that I am bias but I do love the white and here are the few reasons why I do... 1. It makes the black part on the car stand out so much more and especially the fog light insert and the black insert on the rear bumper aerokit while on the darker colors it doesn't "pop out" as much.

2. I find white do not show swirl marks when you wash your car and always look shiny and newer, and doesn't dull with time unlike darker colors....

BUT AGAIN.... I AM BIAS Best of luck and post pictures when you do get it!!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the pics.........I love the look, but I think I might just get the front with mud guards. The rear looks a little strange with the body lines sticking out on the corners like that. And I don't like the sides because they are glued on, on my TL they were entire replacements.

Thanks for the pics.