newbie here!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011 | 09:44 PM
Intermediate

newbie here!!

Hey guys. I juat join rhis site and im glad to be here and hopefully get some that i need. I just bought 09 tsx and picking it up this week i can wait!. Im trying to tint window and tail light for first mod and are guys here spray tint with nite shade or same way as tint window.. I know dark it get with nite shade but im not sure how dark it get with 5% tint on tail light. Im tryin to tint dark as posible but dont want to spray tint and.mess it up!!
Old 07-05-2011 | 10:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

welcome. I had tail light overlays that I had a shop do. Mine weren't as dark if you look at my progress thread. But they were dark enough for me since I still wanted people to be able to see when I brake. I used the nite shade spray for my wing spoiler brake light and the bumper reflectors on the bumper. I did about 5 sprays. Its pretty dark but not to the point where you just see black.

The problem with nite shades is that if you want to remove it, you have to basically polish it off which could be annoying in the future. With overlays, heat gun and slowly peel away. and then use some label/sticker remover to remove the sticky residue.
Old 07-06-2011 | 06:43 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kowloonsniperhk
welcome. I had tail light overlays that I had a shop do. Mine weren't as dark if you look at my progress thread. But they were dark enough for me since I still wanted people to be able to see when I brake. I used the nite shade spray for my wing spoiler brake light and the bumper reflectors on the bumper. I did about 5 sprays. Its pretty dark but not to the point where you just see black.

The problem with nite shades is that if you want to remove it, you have to basically polish it off which could be annoying in the future. With overlays, heat gun and slowly peel away. and then use some label/sticker remover to remove the sticky residue.
Thanks bro ur car look sick i love black grille u got. U mind if i ask where u got them from if its not vinyl? and is it hard to clearout tail lights??
Old 07-06-2011 | 07:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks man. The current pictures of my grille is paint-matched. I used to have the 3M Di-Noc Carbon fiber vinyl.

As for taillights. It should be relatively straightforward. Should be close to the same process as for the headlights. I haven't done it so can't tell you exactly
Old 07-09-2011 | 11:52 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kowloonsniperhk
Thanks man. The current pictures of my grille is paint-matched. I used to have the 3M Di-Noc Carbon fiber vinyl.

As for taillights. It should be relatively straightforward. Should be close to the same process as for the headlights. I haven't done it so can't tell you exactly
Thanks for ur help. Im tryin to get hid fog light that match head light bulb. Is it 6000k or 4300k?? And u know good place to buy?
Old 07-10-2011 | 12:03 AM
Op is too busy to care

im not a fan of blacking out tail lights. any little stupid accident and you are at liability for a near pointless mod =/

if you must, then do it really lightly, smoked not black is what you are looking for