New owner/member with questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
New owner/member with questions

Greetings All,

About a week ago I purchased a 2011 V6 Tech. Here are my questions...

1. I know you can switch phones while driving but is there a way to switch the bluetooth audio (both iphones) while driving. My wife and I are frequently in the car together and it would be nice to switch bluetooth audio depending on preference.

2. Mirror tilt while reversing...is there a way to make the driver's side tilt as well. I noticed the TL gives you the option.

3. LEDs...are they safe? I have a friend who roasted his electrical system in his TL after putting in LEDs. Are there any safe locations to replace that are least likely to result in problems?

4. If you leave an ipod connected to the USB full time (never take out the car), will it drain the car battery?

5. On my friend's TL the display shows album artwork from the ipod. How do I turn this feature on?

6. What are the smallest size wheels I can run? 15s? 16? 17s?

7. What do use people to store stuff in their trunk? I would like to carry a tool set, washer fluid, quart of oil, rags and window clear. The netting Acura sells is too in the way;I would prefer something for the corners rather then the opening of the trunk. I have a trunk tray, so the velcro box won't work.

Thanks in advance,

MH
Old 11-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by musty hustla
How come you want smaller wheels for?

Anything smaller than the 18" you currently have on will look a bit funky on the 2nd Gen TSX.

Smaller wheels were alright for the previous Gen which was slimmer.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:44 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
Originally Posted by musty hustla
Greetings All,

About a week ago I purchased a 2011 V6 Tech. Here are my questions...

1. I know you can switch phones while driving but is there a way to switch the bluetooth audio (both iphones) while driving. My wife and I are frequently in the car together and it would be nice to switch bluetooth audio depending on preference.

2. Mirror tilt while reversing...is there a way to make the driver's side tilt as well. I noticed the TL gives you the option.

3. LEDs...are they safe? I have a friend who roasted his electrical system in his TL after putting in LEDs. Are there any safe locations to replace that are least likely to result in problems?

4. If you leave an ipod connected to the USB full time (never take out the car), will it drain the car battery?

5. On my friend's TL the display shows album artwork from the ipod. How do I turn this feature on?

7. What do use people to store stuff in their trunk? I would like to carry a tool set, washer fluid, quart of oil, rags and window clear. The netting Acura sells is too in the way;I would prefer something for the corners rather then the opening of the trunk. I have a trunk tray, so the velcro box won't work.

Thanks in advance,

MH
2. No there isn't. Only passenger side mirror tilts.

3. I, along with many other CU2'ers have swapped out our interior bulbs for LEDs and none of us had issues...yet. I don't know which bulbs your friend swapped out or if he did some sort of electrical work to add LEDs but if it's simple plug and play bulbs, I don't foresee any issues. Worst thing that's happened is someone blows a fuse. I do remember someone was swapping bulbs out and he messed up somehow. Ended up changing everything back to stock bulbs and bringing it to the dealer to fix under warranty.

4. No. The iPod will shut off by itself. At least mine does.

5. What year is your friend's TL? I think the 11's might have that feature but the 09/10 don't. Reason for this is the 11s got an upgraded navi system. HDD based with a high res screen.

6. Smallest size is 16s. Euro Accords run 16s on their lowest base model.

7. I actually would like to know this as well. I'm going to need one come snowboarding season which is fast approaching...
The following users liked this post:
musty hustla (11-20-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by I CU2
How come you want smaller wheels for?

Anything smaller than the 18" you currently have on will look a bit funky on the 2nd Gen TSX.

Smaller wheels were alright for the previous Gen which was slimmer.
winter wheels and possibly faster acceleration
Old 11-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrstak
Euro Accords run 16s on their lowest base model.
Our smallest size is 17" on the base, all other models have 18".

16" was for the 1st Gen.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:06 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Originally Posted by I CU2
Our smallest size is 17" on the base, all other models have 18".

16" was for the 1st Gen.
Are you sure? I opened a thread asking about winter wheel sizing and someone posted that 16s were the smallest and that the base Euro Accord came in 16s...lemme find it.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:09 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Found it. 09TSXTech told me that info...He pretty much is spot on with all his info so I took his info to heart...

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-tires-wheels-suspension-300/winter-tires-814032/
Old 11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

7. I actually would like to know this as well. I'm going to need one come snowboarding season which is fast approaching...
I use this Ikea drawer storage solution thing and tie it to a hook on the corner of the trunk. Its a semi-good solution and i keep a few tools, oil, and quick detailing supplies in there. I'll take a pic later...its not the best looking solution but its been working for me.

I keep the jumper cables and compressed fix a flat air where the spare tire is located in the panel under the trunk.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Instructor

Found it. 09TSXTech told me that info...He pretty much is spot on with all his info so I took his info to heart...
Might be different for the EU ;l. I know in my market the 5 spoke 17" is the smallest size, standard on the base.