New owner of a 2012 CPO Acura TSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
New owner of a 2012 CPO Acura TSX

Hello all, once again thank you for all the help and advice as it helped me with choosing this vehicle. It is a BLAST to drive!

I am coming from an old suv (01' blazer), so this is leaps and bounds better. I got this from an Acura dealership in NJ. It was CPO with 36k for 22 OTD, which yes is a bit high, but there wasn't any other within a 100 miles with the color combo, clean service record, and CPO so this was it (plus, truck was on its last legs). It did have a tear in the right side of the seat and decent scratch on the front bumper, but dealer put it in writing to fix both (dealer has a great rating and great rapport with customers).

I was car shopping for a while, so I test drove every trim of the 2013 and up accords minus the v6 (v6 was not in my budget and if I am going to spend that kind of money I would have went with a midsize truck or suv) The CVT is boring to drive. Test drove a 15 chevy malibu, felt cheap and didn't get great reviews. I then held out for both the 16 refreshed accords and new 16 chevy malibu. Accord refresh didn't do it for me, and again the big body of the accord bothers me. The 16 chevy malibu gained some inches, loss some power, and the style wasn't for me (neither was the price which a nicely equipped was near 30g's). The new civic seemed like a good option but it looks like a weird crossover now and the reviews didn't like the lag in the acceleration.

In the end, this car is perfect for my needs and has everything I want. The style in and out is beautiful. Driving is an absolute blast and thats what mattered a lot to me. The price was attractive and I'll be keeping this for at least the 4-5 years that I financed it. Again, this is my first newer car since 2004 so everything impresses me.

Mods: Bought weathertech for front portion and the exLED interior 6k kit. I will be tinting it eventually at 20% around. As for the lack of tech, I may in the future put a double-din head unit and some upgraded speakers (my old truck had a system, and the sound was amazing, so I do miss that). For now, the sound is pretty good stock!

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for all the help!
Attached Thumbnails New owner of a 2012 CPO Acura TSX-img_2654.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by Eggs999bacon:
icu2tsx (01-05-2016), kurtatx (01-10-2016), rawger (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 602 Likes on 369 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Seems that you have been very thorough in your search, hope all works out for you.
The following users liked this post:
Eggs999bacon (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Congrats

Now you can pimp in the TSX club
Eggs999bacon (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 12:08 AM
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
congrats. i paid a little high for mine, but the peace of mind was worth it and knowing i got exactly what color combo i wanted.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Banned

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Singing nearly the same song E-n-B.. I drove an '01 Escape into the turf with 247,000mi. It was so nasty that I could have parked it at the bridge into Juarez ..w/full tank of gas, engine running and expect to see it there next week. Sold it for $200.

Mind you, same exhaust since new - same rear shocks - one tranny service about 30k - same alternator - no major work - lotsa oil changes. (just now, it needs tie rods and struts)

In contrast to you, I wanted a Wagon. We have had almost every euro wagon going back to the 70's. ..even a Peugeot 505 Wagon, which was better than you'd expect. I had to get on a plane to get this one.

It's kinda CPO, in that the dealer, in Columbus, OH who took it on trade, provided a lifetime (powertrain/major systems) warrantee ..they didn't know how long I keep cars!

This is a fine wagon. ..and certainly a helluva better value than the RDX or MDX. Hope you enjoy yours as much. Cheers.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails New owner of a 2012 CPO Acura TSX-img_0006.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by JimmyXi:
Eggs999bacon (01-05-2016), kurtatx (01-10-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyXi
Singing nearly the same song E-n-B.. I drove an '01 Escape into the turf with 247,000mi. It was so nasty that I could have parked it at the bridge into Juarez ..w/full tank of gas, engine running and expect to see it there next week. Sold it for $200.

Mind you, same exhaust since new - same rear shocks - one tranny service about 30k - same alternator - no major work - lotsa oil changes. (just now, it needs tie rods and struts)

In contrast to you, I wanted a Wagon. We have had almost every euro wagon going back to the 70's. ..even a Peugeot 505 Wagon, which was better than you'd expect. I had to get on a plane to get this one.

It's kinda CPO, in that the dealer, in Columbus, OH who took it on trade, provided a lifetime (powertrain/major systems) warrantee ..they didn't know how long I keep cars!

This is a fine wagon. ..and certainly a helluva better value than the RDX or MDX. Hope you enjoy yours as much. Cheers.

Jim
Thank you and hope your wagon continues to serve you well for many years!
Old 01-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Nice wagon

Originally Posted by JimmyXi

Jim