My driving impressions on new TSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009 | 07:10 AM
Advanced

My driving impressions on new TSX

Just bought a 2009 TSX tech with manual trans, palladium exterior, ebony interior.

Things I really like:
  • Manual transmission is buttery smooth, clutch action is nice and predictable
  • Lots more power than I thought it would have. Feels a lot faster than 201 HP. Maybe its the torque.
  • Still on first tank of gas, but computer shows 29mpg. Pretty darn good.
  • Paint color is really bright. Makes all other "silver" paints look gray.
  • USB integration is awesome. Eliminates the need for an Ipod. I plugged in 8GB thumb drive and I am all set.
  • Seats are comfortable.
  • Stereo sounds great. Subwoofer does its job.
  • Lots of compliments, everyone loves the way the car looks.
Things that need changed ASAP-
  • Accessing phonebook contacts needs to be more convenient
  • Need a passthrough door behind the backseat armrest.
  • XM radio channel listing starts at channel 1 and takes a long time to load the list. So if you are browsing around channel 100, the list function starts at 1 and takes 30 seconds to load up to 100 where you were browsing.
  • Navi startup screen is annoying. Should start at audio screen and only display nag screen when switch to Nav.
  • Voice commands are nearly impossible to remember. The thought to controlling the car by voice sounds appealing, but in reality its not as good as advertised. That is really just me, not the car.
I totally love the car. I will likely ignore the issues with navi and just turn the damn thing off or leave it on the audio screen.
Old 07-29-2009 | 06:21 PM
Advanced

Congrats on your new 2009 TSX! I have a grigio/ebony auto tech 2009 TSX myself. I also use a DKNY 8 gig USB stick, now theirs no need to go to an apple store and feed Apple more $$$$, he he he... Did you know you can save your favorite XM channels? I just found out myself, I didn't even know I could browse more than 1 channel for each category in the trial, until like a week ago ha ha.

win2k8
Old 07-29-2009 | 06:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Congrats on the purchase!

Originally Posted by poser
  • Navi startup screen is annoying. Should start at audio screen and only display nag screen when switch to Nav
I totally love the car. I will likely ignore the issues with navi and just turn the damn thing off or leave it on the audio screen.
This is one of my biggest pet peeves also. Does anyone happen to know how the other manufacturers handle this? I guess it all depends, though, because I have heard that some of the others cannot be operated when the car is moving, which would negate the reason for the disclaimer and the "OK" screen...