Motortrend TSX Comparo Gallery and Grille Public Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wackura
I suspect they're abandoning the "Japanese BMW" aim in favor of being a cheaper Lexus. It might be smart business but it leaves me with nowhere to go.
Very good statement there, my brand perceptions of Acura has always been sportier than Lexus and a bit less lurious, less expensive (better value), less luxurious. Seems they are trying to become more luxurious at the SLIGHT expense of sportiness. Having said that they still are technologically advanced and still a good value.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:10 PM
07 NBP 6MT

Originally Posted by Catman
Personally....I could care less what the revies say or the opinions of the 1st Generation owners, I'm the one who has to drive it everyday and I'm the one making the payments. I think all of the haters are just jealous. It's always easy to put something down when you don't have it. Besides, why would 1st Generations haters even care what is in the 2nd Generation discussion board? I could care less about 1st Generation owners......I don't read their forum....think about it!

I say to all who have purchased any vehicle, we all made out purchases for a reason and for our own taste not what others think.....just my opinion.
You need to consider that some of your so-called 2nd gen "haters" were actually potential buyers who had been waiting for the new TSX to come out so they could decide from there if they would trade their 1st gen cars for it. Those "haters" are not hating and are not jealous, it just turned out that it was not what many expected it to be and are stating their opinions. They are not here to make 2nd gen owners feel bad or make 1st gen owners feel better. I am a current 1st gen TSX owner, and I have mixed feelings about the new car just as I have for mine. Please don't make this into a 1st gen vs 2nd gen owners thing.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:38 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
According to Acura, the 2nd gen TSX wasn't designed to satisfy people who want to upgrade from the 1st gen TSX; instead, Acura would like you to upgrade to the TL because they believe your income would keep on increasing, and thus be able to afford a more expensive car. Of course that's their own theory, and whether it's right or wrong is another topic.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Banned

This chatter about 1G board members hating on the 2G is off topic, we're discussing comments from other automotive sites - and it's not like there's a 50/50 love it hate it mix on the grille, it's overwhelmingly disliked. It would seem that Acura only wants to sell cars to people who look past grilles. What will this mean for quarterly sales?

I'm waiting patiently for the first sales reports to come out so we can see if Acura's lesser Lexus strategy pays off.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Catman
... I think all of the haters are just jealous. ...
Gross over-simplification and stereotyping. Not everyone here bases opinion on sweet or sour grapes.

You love yours, I still love mine, and I can assure you that jealousy (or just envy) doesn't fuel any critiques I can offer.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:20 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Trust me, its not jealousy.

Being a former potential 09 TSX buyer, now its more like shame, despair, and disappointment at the 09 TSX.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by elusive_wind
Hey Colin, any updates on the video brochure for the 2009 tsx. I check nearly everyday since you mentioned to expect it at the end of May. Awaiting very eagerly. Love the video drive so far. Godspeed to editing if its not yet completed!
I missed this....what video brochure are you talking about and what is the video drive you are talking about?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:00 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by wackura
This chatter about 1G board members hating on the 2G is off topic, we're discussing comments from other automotive sites - and it's not like there's a 50/50 love it hate it mix on the grille, it's overwhelmingly disliked. It would seem that Acura only wants to sell cars to people who look past grilles. What will this mean for quarterly sales?

I'm waiting patiently for the first sales reports to come out so we can see if Acura's lesser Lexus strategy pays off.

You're dreaming if you sales will tank. I've said it many times...the formula hasn't changed, it will sell just as good if not better.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by deong@comcast.net
What's not to like, IMHO?

I think I'm going to put a HUGE tongue coming out of my grille and maybe give it a few teeth.....now that's what I call a custom grill that people will talk about!!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ivanloc07
You need to consider that some of your so-called 2nd gen "haters" were actually potential buyers who had been waiting for the new TSX to come out so they could decide from there if they would trade their 1st gen cars for it. Those "haters" are not hating and are not jealous, it just turned out that it was not what many expected it to be and are stating their opinions. They are not here to make 2nd gen owners feel bad or make 1st gen owners feel better. I am a current 1st gen TSX owner, and I have mixed feelings about the new car just as I have for mine. Please don't make this into a 1st gen vs 2nd gen owners thing.
I'm not trying to make this a 1st gen vs 2nd gen thing....this is my first Acura and all I'm saying is that each to their own.....people buy things because they either like it or they don't...when I purchsed my TSX I didn't know they had a new model. I was going to look at a TL a friend of mine had an 05 and sold it and bought an 08 TL.....I called the Acura dealer about the TL and also said I would like to look at a TSX and then I received a return message that said I can't show you the 09 TSX for two more days because that is when it will be released....I had no idea a new car was coming out. I test drove both of them I loved both of them for different reasons.....the reason I purchased the TSX over the TL was that fact that the TSX was a more fun to drive, had great gas mileage, and the fact that I could get next years technology today. I had no idea what a 1st gen TSX looked like....I strictly bought on what appealed to me as I'm sure that is how most people make purchases. Each to there own and as long as you are happy with the purchase you made who cares if it is a Yugo?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 AM
2008 Acura TSX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will admit, it has grown on me... but I still am not a fan.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
So anyone working on some grill mods yet?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't get why Acura loves to butcher the grills. They should just keep the original Honda grill:
Old 06-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never mind the Euro grill, I have my eyes on the black pants in the background
Old 06-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by deong@comcast.net
What's not to like, IMHO?

It looks....um....for a lack of a better term, BLOATED.

There is just something about it that I don't like. I guess that not only the grill but the whole front end. I can't remember who said it in what thread, but a while back someone said it correctly...'The 1st gen look barely contained...like it's ready to rip out of the frame a roar'...something to that effect. The 2nd gen looks large, bloated, and slow. I think the grill has a factor in that image of mine.

I'm not gonna flame anybody who has a 2nd gen, because as they say 'Different strokes for different folks', but it's just not my cup o' joe.