Looks like the 2014 tsx supercharger is back in stock :

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 04:43 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks like the 2014 tsx supercharger is back in stock :

https://www.endlessrpm.com/ct-engine...4-cu2-350-039/

I may be mistaken. As you all know I am no car expert. But I do remember clicking around a lot before and getting "out of stock" but this time it let me go all the way to checkout. Looks good to me! Any news or info on this?
Old 09-06-2019, 07:34 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
superchargers are very inefficient. superchargers need horsepower to make horsepower..if you feel like spending close to $4k for minimal power, go right ahead! you would also need a tuning solution. if you dont get the hondata, you'll blow up the engine.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:44 PM
MJ..

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins
https://www.endlessrpm.com/ct-engine...4-cu2-350-039/

I may be mistaken. As you all know I am no car expert. But I do remember clicking around a lot before and getting "out of stock" but this time it let me go all the way to checkout. Looks good to me! Any news or info on this?
I don’t think Ct engineering is selling the supercharger again for our cars but your best bet is checking out Merc Racing and they sell supercharger kits for the k series

Last edited by jobata23; 09-07-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
superchargers are very inefficient. superchargers need horsepower to make horsepower..if you feel like spending close to $4k for minimal power, go right ahead! you would also need a tuning solution. if you dont get the hondata, you'll blow up the engine.
So when was a tune not needed for a turbo? This nonsense "superchargers are very inefficient" is a generally assumption. Yes it takes power from the target source. But it is better for low RPM driving where most daily driving is done. Then application is another area of consideration on which device is most effective.

https://procarmechanics.com/differen...turbochargers/

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/eng...superchargers/
The following users liked this post:
Matt Lumpkins (09-27-2019)
Old 09-07-2019, 07:25 PM

^thank you for educating the OP. as the OP needed that more than I did.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:26 PM

turbochargers have the ability to provide torque down low as well, evo....as low as 2500RPM
Old 09-08-2019, 03:20 AM
MJ..

The guy is just asking if the supercharger is available, and also you seem to discourage him on putting a supercharger on his car and also I don’t think spending 4k for a supercharger is not an issue with him, Thats why he was making sure if the website has it in-stock. Also like the other guy was saying, you need a tune for both applications, just a heads up an engine can blow even with a tuning software like Hondata. so its really up to the health and the tune of your car. Yeah superchargers are inefficient but they are more reliable and easier to maintain. Btw my TSX is supercharged and making 320 whp only on 10.5 lbs of boost and I get the power instantly and It has been reliable. So Matt Lumpkins try to contact Merc racing to find out more about their kit, and I’ve seen a second gen TSX using their kit, and their supercharger kits are way better than the CT engineering M62

Last edited by jobata23; 09-08-2019 at 03:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:36 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 899 Likes on 789 Posts
Personally, I think Matt would benefit from an SC more than a turbo setup.

For starters, he's always said he only wants a little more power. It's also easier to install and more reliable, or atleast less moving parts to fail.

Hondata isn't hard to come by to solve tuning issues.

If anything, an SC would be better in this case given OP's level of background knowledge.

Hey Matt, guess you didn't call those guys. 😆

How's the TeeeSsEx doing?
Old 09-08-2019, 05:44 AM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by jobata23
The guy is just asking if the supercharger is available, and also you seem to discourage him on putting a supercharger on his car and also I don稚 think spending 4k for a supercharger is not an issue with him, Thats why he was making sure if the website has it in-stock. Also like the other guy was saying, you need a tune for both applications, just a heads up an engine can blow even with a tuning software like Hondata. so its really up to the health and the tune of your car. Yeah superchargers are inefficient but they are more reliable and easier to maintain. Btw my TSX is supercharged and making 320 whp only on 10.5 lbs of boost and I get the power instantly and It has been reliable. So Matt Lumpkins try to contact Merc racing to find out more about their kit, and I致e seen a second gen TSX using their kit, and their supercharger kits are way better than the CT engineering M62
I guess you don't know this guy then.

Ok. That was harsh. Ouch.

No, no, we love you Matt! But $4K is a lot of money. Please just make sure you are sure about this and can have an install arranged by a shop that has done SC and K-series tuning before. Have you watched videos of how SC are installed?
Old 09-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
turbochargers have the ability to provide torque down low as well, evo....as low as 2500RPM
Tell me something I don't know. Like how you became a moderator? I'm a certified tech for major brands such as Mercedes, Cummins & Freightliner to name a few. Have over 33 years in the transportation industry & is employed by a global juggernaut. All you seems to do is post negative or smart ass comments. Do you know each poster needs or finance? If you are going to take on a roll of leadership, show some leadership. Notice the links I provided gave the original poster enough info to make a good decision.
The following 2 users liked this post by evo9:
2012wagon (09-09-2019), jobata23 (09-08-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 09:46 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Moderators are not leaders. They moderate. No need to show leadership. But YMMV.

EDIT: Please feel free to question how I became a moderator to. Also, complaints to management are given great consideration and usually result in swift action. FWIW.
The following 3 users liked this post by cu2wagon:
ceb (09-19-2019), kurtatx (09-10-2019), Midnight Mystery (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 11:22 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Evo is employed by a big head in Cummings, and knows all about blowers.

Well shit, I've got twenty bucks. Sorry @kurtatx. He has more experience.
kurtatx (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 01:21 AM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I emailed them about this yesterday and they said they can't get it (don't know why they have it up but whatever)
Old 09-10-2019, 07:46 AM

If you have the choice between a turbo and a S/C..
and you pick the S/C..

You're probably definitely not very fun to hang around
<- Has a S/C
Old 09-10-2019, 09:17 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Originally Posted by evo9
Tell me something I don't know. Like how you became a moderator? I'm a certified tech for major brands such as Mercedes, Cummins & Freightliner to name a few. Have over 33 years in the transportation industry & is employed by a global juggernaut. All you seems to do is post negative or smart ass comments. Do you know each poster needs or finance? If you are going to take on a roll of leadership, show some leadership. Notice the links I provided gave the original poster enough info to make a good decision.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,674 Likes on 6,692 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/search....rchid=21407606

If you searched on OP's previous threads, it will show his naivete in life . HE does not have the 33 years in the industry that you're so lucky to have nor will he actually make the jump; he just likes to live in the realm of fantasy, so we bring him back to reality.
Midnight Mystery (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Now there's the work of a REAL moderator
Straight shitting on the OP
Old 09-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,755 Likes on 2,536 Posts
Old 09-10-2019, 03:22 PM

Oh shit. Be cool. CCColtsicehock
ey is here. Mods are aware.
Majofo (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 04:46 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by thoiboi
https://acurazine.com/forums/search....rchid=21407606

If you searched on OP's previous threads, it will show his naivete in life . HE does not have the 33 years in the industry that you're so lucky to have nor will he actually make the jump; he just likes to live in the realm of fantasy, so we bring him back to reality.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Majofo
Now there's the work of a REAL moderator
Straight shitting on the OP
#TruthHurts
Old 09-27-2019, 01:10 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Hey guys.
I had a supercharger.
That's all.
The following 2 users liked this post by ssjoeboe9:
evo9 (09-27-2019), Midnight Mystery (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 01:15 PM
Instructor

Yeah. He is a douche. But he has the hammer so it's okay.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by akijikan
I emailed them about this yesterday and they said they can't get it (don't know why they have it up but whatever)
Oh nice! Good to know.

I was only asking a question people. Id like to be able to do that without getting gang raped. I know enough to know that I can't slap on a super charger without a hondata. And I know it isn't generally a good move for a daily driver. But it's interesting to know what options I have if I ever make this a side car or project car and get a different DD. I find modding to be interesting and fun. So far I've only gotten rims and an intake and that's probably all I will do for many years to come.

I posted this because I've seen several people mention that website was sold out. I thought it may help someone who was interested. I haven't even posted in months and this is what I get? Thanks for the warm welcome. I think I'll pass next time I have a question.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Exactly.

#TruthHurts
It's funny.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZKPqT8Cb/Screen...3627-Opera.jpg

This dude acts like he is people's friends but is quick to jump on the rapage bandwagon to gain a couple ass kissing points with the mods. He's been called out for it before.

Thanks for reminding me how weak some people are guys.

Sorry I haven't been back to this thread in weeks, I have a life and something called a girlfriend. I doubt you guys get any pussy but that's what is waiting for you someday when you log off.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:48 PM
Instructor

And yeah you were right, I checked out justinspace and realized he helps noone and just runs his mouth literally every post. Zero pussy, im sure.

https://acurazine.com/forums/search....rchid=21435185

Wow.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:14 PM

Stop.

You got you answer, right?

And some stimulating discussion to boot.

Keep up the personal attacks and you might get to take some time off to think about life and something called a girlfriend because we don't get any pussy but that's what is waiting for us someday when we log off.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:27 PM

Creates shit threads in which OP gets gang raped.
Says he doesn't want to get gang raped.

Yet continues to create shit threads and gang raped.
That's consent. -Mgmt
Old 09-27-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins
....I have a life and something called a girlfriend. I doubt you guys get any pussy..

Dudes who don't get pussy: Dudes who claim they get pussy
Old 09-27-2019, 07:29 PM
Null and proud of it

@Matt Lumpkins C'mon. We're just busting your balls.

If you really want to supercharge your car then I'll support that. It's just you don't know a whole lot about cars, and neither do I. I can't imagine myself dumping that kind of money on something like that when I'm not knowledgeable enough to install or maintain it myself. That's why I jokingly advised you not to. But it's your money and if that's what you really want then by all means, do it!!! YOLO!

I'm a dick because of 3G Ramblings. I've been there too long.

Honestly it annoyed the crap out of me the first few months. I didn't get it yet.

You remembered your "Since I Have an Acura, Will I Get Laid" thread? It was a joke, it was fun. We all had fun.

That's what we're about, but if you're super serious about a car mod someone here will help you.

It isn't personal. It's not intended to be that way.

You're a cool dude with a bright future. Probably brighter than mine.

Don't be a taco, laugh and move on. But if you get ready to pull the trigger on a S/C or anything else, I will support that!

I think about you from time to time amd hope you're doing alright!!!

Oh, and your car is still awesome and much nicer than mine.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
1. CT-E is no longer making said kit. Through email, I have asked them as to when they would be bringing it back, among other products in which I was inquiring. They informed me that they have no plans to do anything K-Series related in the future. So no, Matt, you cannot get the CT-E charger kit unless you buy it used. Good luck and Gawd bless if ya do. It will be missing parts that you likely don't know where to get/can't get. I recently purchased a used CT-E kit, and had to source a few parts. Trying to source parts that a defunct company used to distribute is not for the faint of heart. Especially if you have already torn the car down.

2. MercRacing makes a great product, but you better be good if you expect to make it work on a CU2. Cylinder head needs drilled/tapped for a KTuned or Trac Tuff bypass, RSX tstat & housing, custom lower hose, custom fabrication to install the aftercooler kit, and a custom made tensioner assembly, as theirs does not fit the K24Z. You could source a used CT-E tensioner, but good luck finding one for sale outside of a CT-E kit; which circles you back to option 1.

3. Kraftwerks S/C has been fitted to the CU2, as a complete custom job. For about $8-10k including labor and tuning, you could have a Kraftwerks equipped CU2.

4. Of the above 3, the CT-E or Merc will have the most reliable, longest lasting blower. Kraftwerks blowers have a rep for not lasting long, but the blower itself can be had for $2000-2500, and they are frequently available for quick turn around replacement.

Let the above sink in, and decide if you have it in you to proceed.
Midnight Mystery (09-30-2019)
Old 10-21-2019, 08:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
. Btw my TSX is supercharged and making 320 whp only on 10.5 lbs of boost and I get the power instantly and It has been reliable.

which SC setup do you have? Did you have to relocate the coolant hardline that goes behind the manifold and connects to the thermostat housing?
Old 10-24-2019, 04:31 AM
MJ..

Originally Posted by riverside
which SC setup do you have? Did you have to relocate the coolant hardline that goes behind the manifold and connects to the thermostat housing?
CTe and no I didn稚 relocate the coolant line and it is still at the same spot
Old 10-24-2019, 12:53 PM
Intermediate

CTe and no I didn稚 relocate the coolant line and it is still at the same spot
what about the lower radiator hose? Did you have to relocate it?

I am trying to install the Merc Racing manifold and I put the RSX thermostat on but now I need to figure out a way to route the lower radiator hose around the forward engine mount. Do you have any suggestions?
Old 10-24-2019, 03:08 PM
Advanced

Looks like you don稚 have the room to sneak a hose around that. Million dollar question. Did your original hose and outlet clear the manifold? I know you have to use the downward pointing outlet for the K20 for clearance, but one of the guys from MercRacing suggested that the taller K24 might be able to use the stock outlet and hose. He also said that it has not been tested. Give it a shot?
Old 10-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by antisocial
Looks like you don稚 have the room to sneak a hose around that. Million dollar question. Did your original hose and outlet clear the manifold? I know you have to use the downward pointing outlet for the K20 for clearance, but one of the guys from MercRacing suggested that the taller K24 might be able to use the stock outlet and hose. He also said that it has not been tested. Give it a shot?

I値l try. Hopefully it works. Haha... if not I found this

Swivel Thermostat V2 (Direct mount)
Old 10-24-2019, 06:59 PM
Advanced

Please keep us posted. I always wanted a Merc setup for my CU2, but also did not want to go through all the BS to fit it. So I found a used CT-E kit. Should be "enough" for me, but if this works out well for you, I may just have to sell the CT-E and put the $ towards a Merc...

Last edited by antisocial; 10-24-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by antisocial
Please keep us posted. I always wanted a Merc setup for my CU2, but also did not want to go through all the BS to fit it. So I found a used CT-E kit. Should be "enough" for me, but if this works out well for you, I may just have to sell the CT-E and put the $ towards a Merc...
it worked. Should have tried this from the beginning. Haha

Old 10-25-2019, 03:20 PM
MJ..

What tensioner are you using? And so you reused the stock thermostat? I’m going to upgrade to Merc next year
Old 10-25-2019, 09:06 PM
Intermediate

What tensioner are you using? And so you reused the stock thermostat? I知 going to upgrade to Merc next year
I tried using mercs tensioner but the bolt pattern isn稚 the same on the k20 and k24.

for now the only option I am aware of is just using the stock tensioner. I知 not sure how that will go but I値l find out.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:23 PM
MJ..

Originally Posted by riverside
I tried using mercs tensioner but the bolt pattern isn稚 the same on the k20 and k24.

for now the only option I am aware of is just using the stock tensioner. I知 not sure how that will go but I値l find out.
That sucks but Keep us posted

Quick Reply: Looks like the 2014 tsx supercharger is back in stock :