Looking to join the TSX party :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to join the TSX party :)

Been driving the same Toyota Corolla CE I bought in 98 and I think it is time to put that old horse to pasture and get a new car.

I have looked at all types of models of brands etc.. and it seems the TSX offers quite a bit of bang for the buck and would make for a great upgrade.

Anyhow I am down in the Miami area, I used edmunds and truecar to see whats the deal. Truecar displays 27069 as a good price, great price for mid to upper 26's

What do you guys thing would be a decent pricing.
How accurate are these for Out the door pricing

It seems dealer lots average between 69-114 TSX 2010 models. I have no issues negotiating.

Looking at the Base model 4 cylinder. With Remote start if possible.

I also noticed Acura seems to be offering a 1% financing which seems to be a no brainer to go for 5 years.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
26k sounds about right, but if u can go for the tech if u have an extra 2,000 to spend.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pbhak002
26k sounds about right, but if u can go for the tech if u have an extra 2,000 to spend.
Thanks. I am assuming 26K includes the destination fee and 200-300 bucks in the advert fee?

I would never use the GPS or Camera since I know my way around the streets of miami better than the GPS would know

Lots are have plenty of inventory I have been tallying up the counts so I can figure out supply and bid accordingly. (just my habit from trading equity options)
Old 11-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by elsapo
Thanks. I am assuming 26K includes the destination fee and 200-300 bucks in the advert fee?

I would never use the GPS or Camera since I know my way around the streets of miami better than the GPS would know

Lots are have plenty of inventory I have been tallying up the counts so I can figure out supply and bid accordingly. (just my habit from trading equity options)
approx $26500ish not including taxes was the last deal i saw in socal. lol The tech has other stuff as well but its up to you, and ur color choices. My dealer doesnt even bother to keep many base models, cuz people usually get the tech for the extra 2k. They only keep base in black or white for the most part so you might have to hunt one in miami.
Good luck
Old 11-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by elsapo
Been driving the same Toyota Corolla CE I bought in 98 and I think it is time to put that old horse to pasture and get a new car.

I have looked at all types of models of brands etc.. and it seems the TSX offers quite a bit of bang for the buck and would make for a great upgrade.

Anyhow I am down in the Miami area, I used edmunds and truecar to see whats the deal. Truecar displays 27069 as a good price, great price for mid to upper 26's

What do you guys thing would be a decent pricing.
How accurate are these for Out the door pricing

It seems dealer lots average between 69-114 TSX 2010 models. I have no issues negotiating.

Looking at the Base model 4 cylinder. With Remote start if possible.

I also noticed Acura seems to be offering a 1% financing which seems to be a no brainer to go for 5 years.
A main thing you may want to remember is that TSX pricing is very regional. A good deal in Miami may not be so special in Denver, and vice versa (just an example). I think you'd find that because of this, comments on price from elsewhere in the country are of little value. Same with "out the door" prices. I've never understood why this becomes part of the conversation since taxes, insurance, registration fees, titles fees, etc., vary so much by state (even locally for that matter), that it seems to make no sense to muddy the waters with these variables. Keep in mind that an 010 TSX is a (model) year old driving out the door (the 011 Acura's may not be out yet, but virtually every other car is). This may or may not matter to you (it won't if you keep it anywhere near as long as you've had your Toyota, that's for sure). Last of all...... just go out and find a car that you like and buy it. As long as you're satisfied with the price, don't let the yahoo's here (like me) influence you on the deal. A couple of years from now you won't remember (and won't care) if you got a "good deal" or not.

Oh, and remote start is an add on, so if a dealer doesn't offer the installation, I'd guess any number of local shops must. I'm not a fan, but I assume it's available for the TSX.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:23 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP: I just joined the party a week ago and it's been a blast. It's like an all-nighter that's lasted seven nights. Hope you can join us.

As an options trader, I'm sure you can figure out a very good reservation price which will suit you just fine.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 AM
kgs
Advanced

fyi - the tech package is so much more than the GPS. The ELS surround sound system is unbelievable. I've had my car for 1 month now and I still find myself amazed at how great the system sounds. If you are into music, I highly recommend splurging on tech - especially if you plan on keeping your car for a while.

Either way, good luck with your choice! I traded in my 2002 BMW xi for my TSX and haven't looked back. It's a great car and the more I drive it, the more I love it!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by kgs
fyi - the tech package is so much more than the GPS. The ELS surround sound system is unbelievable. I've had my car for 1 month now and I still find myself amazed at how great the system sounds. If you are into music, I highly recommend splurging on tech - especially if you plan on keeping your car for a while.
After a year with my 2010 base (6MT), I have to agree. I don't like nav systems, so I refused to spend for the tech package, though I would have gladly paid another grand to get the ELS stereo. Well, I am a music fanatic, and I wish I'd just ponied up for the tech. The base stereo is decent, but lacks the warmth and detail I'm sure the ELS system provides. My wife would have liked the nav system too.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by kgs

Either way, good luck with your choice! I traded in my 2002 BMW xi for my TSX and haven't looked back. It's a great car and the more I drive it, the more I love it!
The Tech pkg also includes voice control of the radio & a/c. I will buttress the comments on the ELS sound system. Coming from 08 Accord Navi which has the same stereo as base 2010 tsx, the ELS stereo in my 08 TL is fantastic. If you can appreciate good imaging then pay the extra 30-40 bux a month for the tech pkg. You and your ears wont regret it. Especially on those evening rush hour days when traffic is at a crawl. The quality music will help the time go by.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
Honestly, as an audiophile, I hated the ELS. Active noise cancelling can cause your stereo to sound weak and tinny. A lot of people love it. It drove me right out of the car. Not to mention I hate NAV. I get turned around more when I use it than when I just go by road signs and the compass. But thats just me. As far as pricing, I got out at $27,950 all fees included ($500 dealer fee, destination, etc) minus taxes. And that was a base automatic. But I still think that even at that price this car is still an incredible value. No extra charge for HIDs, unlike Lexus' $700 charge. Good luck!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Instructor

As long as you're looking for a base/tech I4, there's no need to worry about the active noise control. On a side note of the tech models, I can never tell if the GPS-linked temperature control really works.

I enjoy the els sound system, its much better than the car I originally had.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:05 AM
kgs
Advanced

You and your ears wont regret it. Especially on those evening rush hour days when traffic is at a crawl. The quality music will help the time go by.
+1!! the ELS system has made a HUGE difference in my commute. I do 80 miles daily and a large portion of it (especially in the morning) is just bumper to bumper - 40 mile trip takes anywhere from 1.5-2 hours. With the BMW, I used to get to work absolutely annoyed, the day just about ruined (MT certainly didn't help matters either) but not anymore.....it look me 2+ hours this morning and it felt like nothing! I had the Harman Kardon system in the BMW and the ELS blows that away. Between the quality of the sound, XM, and 6 CD changer - it's well worth the extra $ imo.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Well I am getting quotes in the mail. Talked to one guy, 26900 even. Obviously tax and tag on top but 26900
Still sending out emails. Lots of acura dealers in south florida. Amazing how much inventory is sitting on the lots.

0.9% financing even 60 months. One of the great things of having good credit

It is a buyers market right now. anyhow looking forward to getting the TSX soon.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
These folks seemed to like the ELS system.

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/aud...8/article.html
Old 11-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
I wonder if TSX will be the first 4cyl car to receive the 6spd auto? vtec.net reports that this tranny works on the k-series motors too. This makes me wonder if the 2012 model i4/v6 TSX will get this tranny as well. Maybe worth waiting on unless you need a car yesterday...