AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   KowloonSniperHK's Progress Thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/kowloonsniperhks-progress-thread-812010/)

Euronoob 05-10-2011 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by MrOtocinclus (Post 12935421)
I think I might try this, one last mod before returning to stock... re: the rubber washer, doesn't the exhaust get really hot? If so you'd need something heat resistant.

Good thinking, I forgot about the heat lol.

KillerG 05-10-2011 03:04 AM

Hey Mr. O let me know when you are ready to give your wheels away for free :) I'll drive down south to pick em up and relieve you of the burden

good call about the heat...not sure whats heat resistant AND not metal... I read that exhaust pieces can get as hot as 900 F and the most resistant silicone i googled was around 500 F resistant

Nobody use rubber washers until we can figure this out xD

May set rear of your car on fire

KillerG 05-10-2011 03:05 AM

not sure how hot the gause is when it actually exits but i cant imagine its THAT much cooler considering the immediate proximity that the washer will have...

Euronoob 05-10-2011 03:07 AM

Anddddd here is the other vid. Sorry if the sound quality isn't that good. It's a camera recording it :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYeh_eEOOKU

KillerG 05-10-2011 03:22 AM

that sounds fucking fierce :|

would be nice to to have like a new muffler or something lol

kowloonsniperhk 05-10-2011 08:04 AM

Sounds nice euronoob! Im trying to figure out what's causing the rattling in your car.

defconskylude 05-10-2011 10:22 AM

hows the sound in person compared to your vid clip?

reason im asking is because the vid clip sounds like it has a high pitch.

do you think it has a deep sound like what the resonator puts out?

kowloonsniperhk 05-10-2011 12:41 PM

I would say when you start it, it sounds deep. When you accelerate inside the car, you dont really hear it. You hear more of your intake than the exhaust.

Euronoob 05-10-2011 12:48 PM

I forgot what it sounded like.. More on that note tomorrow defcon hahah! But yes, what kowloon said is true as well! I'll just try again tomorrow for back up :P

defconskylude 05-10-2011 01:13 PM

so what happens when you get pulled over for an exhaust ticket? what do you think a cop will say after you mention its a stock exhaust?

KillerG 05-10-2011 01:15 PM

tell him something is wrong with your exhaust and you never modified. Tell him you take a look and start complaining that bolts fell out when you cleaned it, then reach for his gun holster and stab him with his gun and run away on bicycle.

aznwarrior03 05-10-2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12936411)
tell him something is wrong with your exhaust and you never modified. Tell him you take a look and start complaining that bolts fell out when you cleaned it, then reach for his gun holster and stab him with his gun and run away on bicycle.

Dang son!!! The cops in your area have bayonets attached to their hand guns!!! That's badass! :butthead:

09TSXTech 05-10-2011 02:33 PM

Good job on the alignment kit/spacers and fender roll, the car looks great.:thumbsup:

Not so sure about the disconnect muffler. May be it's my own paranoia, but the disconnection point is right behind/below the rear seats. There is a chance exhaust gas can find its way into the interior cabin. Having two kids sitting in the back, I won't take that chance, there's a reason why they route the pipes to the back of the car. Better plan would be installing a performance muffler for the sound.

ed_423 05-10-2011 03:41 PM

^ good point as well...what performance muffler is good in the market for us ??

and euronoob, nice vid man :)

and cool red vans. LOl

kowloonsniperhk 05-10-2011 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by 09TSXTech (Post 12936617)
Good job on the alignment kit/spacers and fender roll, the car looks great.:thumbsup:

Not so sure about the disconnect muffler. May be it's my own paranoia, but the disconnection point is right behind/below the rear seats. There is a chance exhaust gas can find its way into the interior cabin. Having two kids sitting in the back, I won't take that chance, there's a reason why they route the pipes to the back of the car. Better plan would be installing a performance muffler for the sound.

Thanks. Yeah I see your point and it could be an issue but in my case, I drove down 4 hours from Tallahassee to Orlando with a full house in the car and had no issues with anyone passing out lol. So I guess its fine. Like where its disconnected is more in the trunk area since its essentially at the beginning of where the muffler is.

defconskylude 05-10-2011 04:34 PM

ya ive decided not to do this mod mainly for the fumes possibly seeping through with my son in the car

09TSXTech 05-10-2011 04:57 PM

^ Better safe than sorry.

Although the chance of exhaust fume poisoning is slim (especially at highway speed with airflow), the thought of fumes seeping in during idling/stop and go traffic through the trunk into rear compartment (remember our rear seats fold down and not separated by steel plate) is too much for me as a parent.

As noted elsewhere in the forum, CTE, Mugen and Fujitsobo aftermarket exhaust system produce no horsepower gain. So, installing an aftermarket muffler such as Skunk2 would give you the sound minus the $1K plus cost of a full exhaust system.

KillerG 05-10-2011 08:35 PM

Kowloon, please tell us if you die as a result of this mod, im sure many would like to know

Also, as a young guy with no responsibilities I am ready to put my life on the line for sweet modz.

Would magnaflow universal mufflers work on our car? An hero is needed. The only thing i dont like about this mods is that the bolts are loose and the gas is not coming out of the tip ~_~

Fujitsubo and mugen exhaust are crazy overpriced to bring over from Japan. CT-E exhaust only available if you are on acid and start dreaming about imaginary products

kowloonsniperhk 05-10-2011 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12937493)
Kowloon, please tell us if you die as a result of this mod, im sure many would like to know

Also, as a young guy with no responsibilities I am ready to put my life on the line for sweet modz.

Would magnaflow universal mufflers work on our car? An hero is needed. The only thing i dont like about this mods is that the bolts are loose and the gas is not coming out of the tip ~_~

Fujitsubo and mugen exhaust are crazy overpriced to bring over from Japan. CT-E exhaust only available if you are on acid and start dreaming about imaginary products

No problem. I'll report from the pearly gates. But anyways, I've been driving for over a week. Even drove in this hot weather with windows rolled up and no A/C and let my car stand still. No fumes that I can smell.

KillerG 05-10-2011 09:41 PM

^probably the fumes driving you insane and making you think you dont smell them...

kowloonsniperhk 05-10-2011 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12937679)
^probably the fumes driving you insane and making you think you dont smell them...

possibly lol. damn carbon monoxide (CO) and its silent killer properties

Euronoob 05-11-2011 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by ed_423 (Post 12936808)
^ good point as well...what performance muffler is good in the market for us ??

and euronoob, nice vid man :)

and cool red vans. LOl

Hahah! Thanks man, over a year and a half old and still alive (with a few rips in them :P)

Well, I drove around again today and my music was on low most of the time. I noticed sometimes it would sound a bit 'higher' pitched but I'm assuming it's because I'm not stepping on the pedal hard enough? But most of the time, I hear a deep sound rather than a high pitched sound. Possibly it just depends on how hard you step on the gas. I don't floor the car 24/7. I often do <50% throttle.

There is this guy on the Australian forum who has a Takeda SRI and a Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust system and I asked him a few questions about the sound/performance but he has never replied (I've been told he doesn't go on very often).

I have also been suggested by some friends to just get two Magnaflow exhausts and make a custom system but I'm still looking for options. Could our cars fit Skunk2 exhausts? :o I don't know much about exhaust systems etc :\

Edit: I think the only bad thing about disconnecting the muffler there is that your car will get a lot dirtier underneath as all the dirt/fumes/whatever else comes out of the exhaust is escaping from there rather than the back of your car. I haven't smelt anything in the car yet so I don't know anything about fumes.. I'll let you know if someone passes out in my car.

09TSXTech 05-11-2011 02:03 PM

^ The chance of carbon monoxide poisoning is quite slim in modern vehicles as catalytic converters and other emission controls cut all pollutants numbers down. Having said that, just try to be safe as my kids sits back there and I am their father.

Skunk2 is universal muffler, most muffler shops should be able to (with some welding) install onto our CU2. There's no need to spend big bucks on a custom exhaust system as noted earlier that (Mugen, CTE and Fujitsubo Legalis R) produce very little or zero performance gain. Spend a few hundred $$ on a performance muffler to improve the look and sound is the better and more economical alternative.

ed_423 05-11-2011 02:20 PM

well said tech, now who will be the first to have a pair of awesome looking and sounding mufflers thats not ricy???? the search for that hero continues....

ttk5 05-11-2011 02:28 PM

Ill try and take another video of my exhaust..the videos I posted previously were honestly filmed using my old kodak digital camera and the sound distortions were severe; I think modern cell phones would have been better than that. I've yet to really play with the movie mode on my DSLR yet so perhaps this would be a good time. Id love to give you guys an accurate portrayal of what it sounds like.

KillerG 05-11-2011 02:30 PM

someone on the eigth accord forums is installing dual magnaflows and ive been keeping close watch on the thread, but its dif and annoying because their i4s only have a single exhaust and duals arents standard...

ed_423 05-11-2011 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ttk5 (Post 12939702)
Ill try and take another video of my exhaust..the videos I posted previously were honestly filmed using my old kodak digital camera and the sound distortions were severe; I think modern cell phones would have been better than that. I've yet to really play with the movie mode on my DSLR yet so perhaps this would be a good time. Id love to give you guys an accurate portrayal of what it sounds like.

yours was the custom built single exhaust right? i thought that actually sounded pretty good haha, but i like dual more even though i know our car technically only needs single...

Euronoob 05-11-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by ed_423 (Post 12939742)
yours was the custom built single exhaust right? i thought that actually sounded pretty good haha, but i like dual more even though i know our car technically only needs single...

I think ttk5 said he was going to switch to dual exhausts if I'm correct? o-o

Yeah, I'd love to buy a set of exhausts for our car but I'm not sure what's ricey and what's not yet so I'm scared lol. I need to know some names or see someone do it first :P

For now, I need to save up for some coils!

Euronoob 05-11-2011 08:43 PM

Edit: So something like these will do? :o
http://www.skunk2.com/exhaust-2.php?code=EXUNI

ed_423 05-12-2011 12:53 AM

what about these

http://www.apexi-usa.com/products/?id=5330

heard the apexi for the 1st gen has an extra exhaust system, which isnt too loud yet sounds great when you step on it. stuff that i like, so maybe their universal ones are good too...

KillerG 05-12-2011 01:42 AM

aiiyyeeeeee. 300 a piece for those unimuffler versals?

if you're gonna pay 600 you might as well get the freakin full fujitsubo exhaust =|

we need something cheaper, like tanabe or magnaflow

http://jdmengineimports.com/engine/E...rt-TNB-TUN404/

KillerG 05-12-2011 01:51 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWvy8HXH2lw

magnaflow 14832

....you guys gusta for the TSX?

Euronoob 05-12-2011 03:43 AM

Skunk2 is 150-180ish.. Or is that still too much? How much are the Magnaflow ones? =o

KillerG 05-12-2011 12:32 PM

magnas are about 110 each. 150-180 seems fine. Someone just has to try it now first lol

kowloonsniperhk 05-12-2011 03:33 PM

I just don't want to cut off my mufflers lol.

KillerG 05-12-2011 04:15 PM

i hear you... the guys on Driveacc0rd cut those things off like they are nothing 0_0

Euronoob 05-12-2011 07:18 PM

I SHALL START SAVING NOWW!! And whatttt? D: We have you cut our mufflers?! We can't just .. take them out or something? o_o

ed_423 05-12-2011 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Euronoob (Post 12943433)
I SHALL START SAVING NOWW!! And whatttt? D: We have you cut our mufflers?! We can't just .. take them out or something? o_o

dont trip chocolate chip, i believe they are talking about people with accords just cut off their mufflers instead of disconnecting it like you guys did :thumbsup:

KillerG 05-12-2011 10:40 PM

nah nah i mean dont you gotta cut your mufflers off even with the accord to weld universal mufflers in place?

i cant imagine universal mufflers lining up perfectly with our bolt setup so they MUST have to cut the oem mufflers off

....???

dont know shit about exhaust so some pro could chime in and correct me

Euronoob 05-13-2011 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by ed_423 (Post 12943713)
dont trip chocolate chip, i believe they are talking about people with accords just cut off their mufflers instead of disconnecting it like you guys did :thumbsup:

LOL!

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 12943910)
nah nah i mean dont you gotta cut your mufflers off even with the accord to weld universal mufflers in place?

i cant imagine universal mufflers lining up perfectly with our bolt setup so they MUST have to cut the oem mufflers off

....???

dont know shit about exhaust so some pro could chime in and correct me

Hahah, agreed! :wish: