ILX pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
I'm rather impressed overall with the ILX. Not so much corolla looking like I remember thinking it would be, from some of the pictures I saw a while back. I am incredibly picky when it comes to style of cars, and this one is pretty decent. That being said, I dont know if I like it enough to want to buy it though. I'm very happy with my TSX and going to be keeping it for many many years.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any thoughts on exact pricing and release. It said spring 2012. Hoping before June.
May decide on this instead of a used TSX.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Straight from Acura on acuranews.com:

Acura ILX Concept
The Acura ILX Concept is the precursor to an all-new Acura luxury compact sedan scheduled for launch in Spring 2012. To be positioned as the gateway to the Acura brand, the ILX will feature three different powertrains, including Acura's first-ever gas-electric hybrid.

"First time luxury buyers place the highest value on exterior styling, affordability and environmental issues and that's a virtual definition of what we have created with the new Acura ILX," said Jon Ikeda, head of the Acura Design Studio. "The strategy behind this new model is to position ILX as the first opportunity for many young buyers to enter the luxury market."

Sleek, sporty and aerodynamically efficient, the exterior of the all-new Acura ILX combines luxury, performance and efficiency. A beautifully styled luxury sedan, the ILX Concept has a compact, yet formal proportion, targeting a very professional image. The Acura ILX delivers both, with a greenhouse that provides excellent visibility, an aerodynamic low and wide stance, the ILX is immediately recognizable as an Acura

The lineup of ILX models will include an entry-level model powered by a 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder engine; a high-performance model with a 2.4-liter inline 4-cylinder engine paired with a six-speed manual transmission; and a 1.5-liter gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain, Acura's first-ever hybrid offering.

The ILX will feature a high–quality, well-appointed interior that is smart, spacious and sporty. It will offer a number of new, high-value features, including a smart entry keyless access system and pushbutton start, along with Pandora internet radio interface and SMS text message function for smart connectivity with the world.

As with all Acura models, the ILX will have a long list of standard features, different trim levels (that will include a Technology Package), multiple transmission choices, and excellent standard safety features— including Acura's acclaimed Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ body structure, front, side and side-curtain airbags, 4-channel anti-lock brakes and Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA™). Acura anticipates that the ILX will achieve top ratings in both NHTSA and IIHS crash safety testing.

The new ILX will be manufactured exclusively by Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC, in its Greensburg, Ind. plant— one of only three plants in the world to receive J.D. Power and Associates' 2011 Platinum Award for outstanding quality.

DIMENSIONS

ILX Concept
Length, mm
Width, mm
Height, mm
Wheelbase, mm
Wheel size, in
19x8
Tire size
235/35R19
Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hope that the 2.0 liter engine is more than the 155 hp engine in the current civic. That would be disappointing.

Guess will have to see how big in person.

25k would feel a bit too high. Was hoping a 23k starting base.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerG
ILX looks like it has LED DRLs

how about the new NSX for your replacement car mrstak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzaynkoC04k
if you give me the money for it, sure i'll take an NSX
Old 01-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
I'll give you a ride once i get mine stak :-D

CONSIDER THIS:

the new accord, which will be shown tomorrow, may be the new worldwide accord/euro accord/inspire, meaning that Honda will move back to a worldwide Accord model, meaning that if we hear news that new accord is worldwide it practically guarentees that the tsx is dead after this model year and lends credence to the "TLX" theory.

look forward to tomorrow!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
That will mean the new accord won't be any bigger. Thanks god, that thing is way too big for my taste.
The following users liked this post:
ressling (01-28-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 549 Likes on 355 Posts
I actually like the ILX and it looks WAY nicer than I thought it would! I am pretty certain the TSX will be dead in no time, though.

I am also surprised to see that Acura is STILL going to be using the 5-speed Auto tranny. Huh?!?

Here are some specs from Acura's site (although I see most have been posted above already):

http://www.acura.com/future/ILX#4
Old 01-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by spdandpwr
^you put a non-refundable deposit on a tsx? lol, how's that possible, the car exists everywhere. My guess is you are buying a model in which the dealer has to source the vehicle, right?
Ordered a SE over two months ago, still waiting for it to come in from Japan. Got a great price on my trade in locked in and a deal on the tsx.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Rich and Famous

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
For a small sedan it has nice clean lines.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:35 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
Front = Acura
Side view = Mazda 3 (high belt line...looks "fat" )
c pillar = g35 sedan/chrysler 200 kink
rear tails = bmw 335ci
rear exhaust = buick regal GS

GUYS HEELTOE SHOULD START GRILLE PRODUCTION NOW!!!!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. NC:
ressling (01-28-2012), TSXKid2010 (01-09-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
i like, the front is a bit pointy tho
Old 01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

CONSIDER THIS:

the new accord, which will be shown tomorrow, may be the new worldwide accord/euro accord/inspire, meaning that Honda will move back to a worldwide Accord model, meaning that if we hear news that new accord is worldwide it practically guarentees that the tsx is dead after this model year and lends credence to the "TLX" theory.

I am going to hold you to that statement.

I wonder how the new Accord is going to look...dare I wait for that one?!?!?!

Originally Posted by Mr. NC
GUYS HEELTOE SHOULD START GRILLE PRODUCTION NOW!!!!!!!
LOLOLOL
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Interior Pics:

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...mber=3#1029152

Looks like it's going to get text messaging, pandora internet radio and smart keyless entry with push button start
Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
ILX Dimensions:

Length 4,555mm
Width 1,890mm
Height 1,425mm
Wheelbase 2,670mm
Wheel size 19x8
Tire Size 235/35/19

2011 CSX Dimensions:
Length 4,544mm
Width 1,752mm
Height 1,435mm
Wheelbase 2,700mm
Wheel size 17x?
Tire size 215/45/17
Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
that interior isn't final, Acura ppls said the interior is still a work in progress, also, keep in mind that this is the CONCEPT ILX, so we will still see changes between this and the production model

you like the shape of the car? itll change a bit
you like those LEDs or tail lights? thatll change a bit
you like those wheels? I got some 17" uglyass stockies for you
you like that stance? well i think itll look better with a 3" wheelgap
you like no interior? yeah well hondas gonna add an interior
you like mufflerS? we'll give you some mufflers too

... bitch
Old 01-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like it!! Honda is back!! Well under 30k for the base and Acura won't have any problem selling them... Check out the pics from left lane news, much better pics then acura's promo pics IMO.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Yea im definitely in for the new accord too. I especially wanna see what the coupe will look like. The current generation is UGLY.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:35 PM
not superchaged

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
I see crappy engines for a entry level luxury car. Kill it with a RPG!

Seriously, that 2.0L better be some sort of mechanical evolution baby jesus type of deal or this car is going straight to hell. I don't know where automakers came up with the idea that weak little N/A engines are acceptable in a entry level luxury car. Honda is especially guilty for that.

At least with our cars you can get the V6 if you want. Hell, we all know how slow the 2.4 L is...
Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by JackRydden224

Seriously, that 2.0L better be some sort of mechanical evolution baby jesus type of deal or this car is going straight to hell. I don't know where automakers came up with the idea that weak little N/A engines are acceptable in a entry level luxury car. Honda is especially guilty for that.

At least with our cars you can get the V6 if you want. Hell, we all know how slow the 2.4 L is...
But with a 6spd manual, it livens it up. And I agree with the base engine. Why do manufacturers do that KNOWING the bulk of the sales will usually be the cars with the "middle" motor. A lot of people usually go midlevel anyway instead of base or full out loaded.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 AM
not superchaged

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
But with a 6spd manual, it livens it up. And I agree with the base engine. Why do manufacturers do that KNOWING the bulk of the sales will usually be the cars with the "middle" motor. A lot of people usually go midlevel anyway instead of base or full out loaded.
But then how many 6 speeds are there? In my opinion now it's the time for an uncompromising engine and transmission, meaning forced induction and dual clutch transmissions. Right now it looks like Honda and Toyota are the only ones not on board.

I do agree with you on the middle motor theory though. When I test drove the base Regal I liked everything about the car besides the motor. The middle engine was perfect while the top end GS engine was just overkill for the type of driving I do.

Let's play the devil's advocate though. I do know a fair amount of people, mostly women in Southern California who want luxury features but not the power. I think there is a growing segment of people who can care less about power.

It doesn't mean there shouldn't be a powerful engine for those of us who wants it. I'm all for dealer installed F/I kits. Yay for those of us who wants it and Nay for those who can care less.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Don't jive my 3.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh look its a Buick lol
Old 01-10-2012, 05:44 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm really liking the ILX so far! I've been doing research on what my next car will be, and so far have narrowed it down to 3(in no particular order): Acura TSX, Lexus IS 250AWD, Infiniti G35(new gen)/37/25 AWD. I favor the G for it's great handling, but hated the mpg. I liked the TSX because it has a bullet-proof engine, the best interior from the 3 imo, and better steering wheel. The IS is in the middle, has a bit of good in all aspects, but has a really cramped drivers foot room area because of the awd.

Now the ILX is revealed, and has the looks that I like from the TSX and IS. I can definitely see this as my next car. The only problem will be if the engine is on the down side in terms of how it feels when driving. The IS250AWD and G24AWD don't have a lot of power, but you don't really feel it. For that reason, I'll hold judgment on that for when I get to try it
Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 5thTo2nd
Interior Pics:

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...mber=3#1029152

Looks like it's going to get text messaging, pandora internet radio and smart keyless entry with push button start
You can see alot of the TSX design in this picture, and looks well done. Looks like they are carrying over the worlds coldest/hottest shift knob in the industry as well!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by JackRydden224

I assume the ILX engines are from the new range of DI motors, which should be stronger and more efficient than the current Civic and TSX engines.

Even so, you're right that Honda has frequently offered less power than competitors, going way back to the earliest Accords and Preludes. For awhile during the 1980's, fuel injection itself was offered only on top models, like my dad's 1987 Accord LX-i. Now we're seeing the same delay in offering DI. IMO, this is inconsistent with Honda's engineering excellence, but the cars have always been more about balance and agility than brute force.

The Acura models have been stronger, and IMO started offering competitive power with the early TL models. My dad's 2003 TL Type-S was seriously quick. And remember that when the 1G TSX came out, BMW's base 3 Series engines were still under 200 hp.

Besides, I love the current 2.4 liter with 6MT. Yeah, I'd like about 15 more hp and lb.-ft., but it's strong enough to be entertaining.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Drifting

Couple of things: the tsx 2.4 liter is not bad in terms of pep, especially considering the heft of the vehicle. I can get the car to highway speeds without a problem and around town, if you have it in the lower gears, it feels plenty torquey. I even have the automatic. Now is it a sports car, definitely not. But for your average mom, dad, person that doesn't really care for cars, it's perfect. Believe it or not, performance in vehicles is not as important to 75% of people as is mpgs or comfort. Acura never really wanted to cut into the bmw segment with performance. It wanted to couple audi tech with lexus pricing and luxury.

That said, I hope the ilx has a more potent motor or at least less weight so I can justify getting the performance spec version. The tsx is too slow for me, lol.

Last edited by spdandpwr; 01-10-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Grigio09
Half tsx half is250
agreed.. the back looks like IS
Old 01-10-2012, 09:49 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Originally Posted by the_razor
agreed.. the back looks like IS
really? i think it looks more like the back of the a5...
Old 01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone see the new Accord Coupe yet? It looks like a coupe version of the ILX! I think the TSX is dead!

http://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/
Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Drifting

TSX is not dead, yet. You have to remember that the tsx was always a better (read more luxurious) version of the accord. Acura will need a middle contender for which the tl is too expensive to compete right now. The tl is not an a4 or 3-series killer, it's too big and starts a little too high. I think they need a new tsx taht will start at 31k and that will be the a4 killer. If they make the tl a 5-series killer, than acura can do what lexus did back in the late 80s / early 90s

That accord looks smaller than the current gen and much much better.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
As I expected, I think the 2.4 liter DI Accord will effectively replace the TSX, and it makes sense. The Accord will have a single international version, which is smaller than the current gen U.S. model; in other words, sized more like the current TSX. The TSX only made sense when the JDM/Euro Accord was sufficiently different from the U.S. model. Now, something like an Accord Si with the 2.4 liter engine and sport suspension can occupy the TSX slot. A "badge job" Acura TSX probably wouldn't work in the U.S. market, and, even now, some think the 190 hp Accord with 5MT is a legitimate alternative to the TSX. As a Honda, it will probably be less expensive too -- .

Edit: Just checked autoblog.com, and it appears the 2.4 liter DI engine is only 181 hp and 177 lb.-ft. in the Accord coupe: not exactly what I hoped for. But if the torque peaks lower, it might feel stronger than the current TSX motor in normal driving. Also dismayed to see that the 2.4 liter in the Accord will be with CVT only, which is truly lame. Maybe they'll put the V6/6MT drivetrain in the sedan. That could ease the pain.

Last edited by Nedmundo; 01-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Originally Posted by Nedmundo
As I expected, I think the 2.4 liter DI Accord will effectively replace the TSX, and it makes sense. The Accord will have a single international version, which is smaller than the current gen U.S. model; in other words, sized more like the current TSX. The TSX only made sense when the JDM/Euro Accord was sufficiently different from the U.S. model. Now, something like an Accord Si with the 2.4 liter engine and sport suspension can occupy the TSX slot. A "badge job" Acura TSX probably wouldn't work in the U.S. market, and, even now, some think the 190 hp Accord with 5MT is a legitimate alternative to the TSX. As a Honda, it will probably be less expensive too -- .

Edit: Just checked autoblog.com, and it appears the 2.4 liter DI engine is only 181 hp and 177 lb.-ft. in the Accord coupe: not exactly what I hoped for. But if the torque peaks lower, it might feel stronger than the current TSX motor in normal driving. Also dismayed to see that the 2.4 liter in the Accord will be with CVT only, which is truly lame. Maybe they'll put the V6/6MT drivetrain in the sedan. That could ease the pain.
I read that the V6 Accord, both sedan and coupe, will have a 6AT and 6 speed manual.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
dude i just noticed your signature.............
The following 3 users liked this post by defconskylude:
Acura_Dude (01-10-2012), ed_423 (01-10-2012), mrstak (01-10-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Instructor

I like it too. I see 40% IS250, 20% G35 and 40% TSX in the design. I am not sold on the idea of having a 2.0 liter 4-cylinder engine in a up-scale luxury car though. Make it a turbo like BMW and Audi do at least.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
Old 01-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Its alright... but I like my tsx much more just seems more aggressive this car is too toned down in design language.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by misc-ura
its alright... But i like my tsx much more just seems more aggressive this car is too toned down in design language.
+1. the ILX seems like its losing its Japan roots in regards to design. rear tail lights look like the 3 series. rear also kinda reminds of the new Audi

Last edited by defconskylude; 01-10-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
i wonder how it would look with an A spec lip kit on hmmmmmm
Old 01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Originally Posted by defconskylude
dude i just noticed your signature.............
hahah i just changed it earlier...

and well it is true...
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

CONSIDER THIS:

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Yea im definitely in for the new accord too. I especially wanna see what the coupe will look like. The current generation is UGLY.

Well the Accord concept I see revealed makes me highly doubt they're universalizing the accord...looks very similar to the outgoing model.
So maybe the theories are wrong. Maybe we just won't get the new accord euro in any form except tourer ):

Unless they're bringing our fatass american accord to the rest of the world

Quick Reply: ILX pictures