Originally Posted by PyroDave
hey fuck you!
that's hilarious
Old 02-09-2012, 01:00 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
Overall, I do think it's a step down from current TSX design, but much better than the Civic.
I don't think it is better than a Civic. I'd call it a mid-cycle refresh for a Civic.

Why can't anyone but Europeans get small cars right? Quality materials, great fit and finish and all the grown up toys is what will sell small cars at a premium. This is the Honda version of a tarted up Chevy Cavalier and passed off as a Cadillac Cimmaron.

GM learned this the hard way and is now designing new small cars from the ground up - the ATS is a prime example.

I, for one, don't need a huge car, but I would like the things that make a luxury car a luxury car - comfy interior, supportive seats, the electronic bells and whistles and a sporty but still compliant ride. I want adaptive headlamps and the option of active cruise control. I want the latest and greates safety features. Make an Si version for the crowd that wants sporty but don't just hang on a bunch of tacky "aero" parts on the car - design them into the car.

I don't mind paying a premium. After living for 30+ years in Germany, I don't equate small with cheap. Only we do here.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by defconskylude
here's how we can fix it

drull can work the interior console
defconskylude can work the exterior and make it look like a bmw
tsxronald can work the fake engine modifications and fudge up the horsepower
chivik will then come in and kick tsxronald out of the engineering team and drop a new turbo'd engine in
benben can work the new steering wheel
ssjoe can plasti dip the crap out of all the chrome
ed423 can put his 17" looking wheels that he overpaid for and now cant even sell them
mr. NC can create some new ILX stickers
mr stak can test drive the car for crash zones
tjay can do the limo tints and audio

anyone else missing from the team?
Where am I? ):
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Boy it feels more Honda then Acura. Glad to have my TSX.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Really disappointing and a big step down from the TSX. I have been a loyal Acura fan since my RSX and love my TSX but looks like this is going to be my last Acura if Honda continues down this path.

A brand that once represented technology and engineering has just become another brand trying to increase their market share with half-baked designs and technology. I just hope Acura does not become another Buick.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by mrstak
i read somewhere in car talk (about a lambo which caught on fire) which said that show cars are supposed to only have less than a quarter tank of gas when they go on display in auto shows or whatever. something to do with safety.
It's usually part of the Fire Code of convention centers. Many fire marshalls also require the battery to be disconnected and the fuel filler to be sealed.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
What is that weird stick jutting out of the gauge cluster -- a pen holder??? No wait, it's the MID reset, right?

And what's with the 3 switchblanks on the left of the dash? To remind you of the options that aren't available in North America?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
here's how we can fix it

drull can work the interior console
defconskylude can work the exterior and make it look like a bmw
tsxronald can work the fake engine modifications and fudge up the horsepower
chivik will then come in and kick tsxronald out of the engineering team and drop a new turbo'd engine in
benben can work the new steering wheel
ssjoe can plasti dip the crap out of all the chrome
ed423 can put his 17" looking wheels that he overpaid for and now cant even sell them
mr. NC can create some new ILX stickers
mr stak can test drive the car for crash zones
tjay can do the limo tints and audio

anyone else missing from the team?

LOL this is like the Acurazine 2G TSX Allstar lineup

This car does fail at the moment tho....like wow
Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

reminds me of a ford
My god, I see what you mean...
Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
People... this is NOT a TSX replacement. It is a new entry level car so of course it is not going to compare to the TSX. Was never meant to be. The TSX will evolve into something different next model year. The ILX will stand on its own, good or bad.

I think the Mods need to add an ILX forum so people will quit associating this car as the next TSX.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
There is thread open of ILX replacing TSX.
This thing cannot happen there is no diesel version of ILX to export to another countries. and rest of world has Euro Civic Diesel already that is more upscale than ILX.
TSX is not evolving into any thing else. The current sedan will remain the same untill 2014 in EU and than they will update it. otherwise what will Honda German & UK R&D unit will do?

Euro Accord Type S & Torque vectoring D5 S60 comparision test. despite significant electronics and upscale interior advantage Volvo couldnot win. They were clear about it that Type S chasis were developed in Germany/UK.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
The Volvo has better seats, thats not bad for 19000$ more than the Honda costs. I would buy me nice Recaros, cost maybe 3000$. The 16000$ rest I would spend in ??? LOL

Last edited by HondoGermany; 02-10-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
There is thread open of ILX replacing TSX.
This thing cannot happen there is no diesel version of ILX to export to another countries. and rest of world has Euro Civic Diesel already that is more upscale than ILX.
TSX is not evolving into any thing else. The current sedan will remain the same untill 2014 in EU and than they will update it. otherwise what will Honda German & UK R&D unit will do?

Euro Accord Type S & Torque vectoring D5 S60 comparision test. despite significant electronics and upscale interior advantage Volvo couldnot win. They were clear about it that Type S chasis were developed in Germany/UK.
I doubt the ILX will be exported to Europe. I suspect it is a North American car only, built in the US to keep costs down. The ILX would probably not sell well in Eruope.

The TSX is indeed changing into something else in the 2014 model year when the new US Accord platform is introduced. That is the same platform the TL is based on and so the TSX and TL will form a new car based on this new slightly smaller platform. No one knows what it will be called, maybe a TL, maybe a TLX, who knows, but at this point the TSX will be gone. This achieves Honda's goal of moving production of their cars to the US (with the exception of the RL). It is not clear if the new US Accord platform will be a global platform or not.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I know I shouldn't judge by just seeing one picture online but if it is true, the outside looks fairly good but the inside is just horrible looking.
It makes me love my TSX MORE
Old 02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
Wow, the interior of the cr-z is much nicer looking. How did they manage to botch this so badly?
Old 02-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I doubt the ILX will be exported to Europe. I suspect it is a North American car only, built in the US to keep costs down. The ILX would probably not sell well in Eruope.
ILX simply dont have diesel. It has no chance of being exported to EU. There are even tighter regulation coming in EU. thats why Honda developed world lightest diesel engine its class at huge cost and time. It is being tested on Euro Accord & Euro Civic.
The TSX is indeed changing into something else in the 2014 model year when the new US Accord platform is introduced. That is the same platform the TL is based on and so the TSX and TL will form a new car based on this new slightly smaller platform. No one knows what it will be called, maybe a TL, maybe a TLX, who knows, but at this point the TSX will be gone. This achieves Honda's goal of moving production of their cars to the US (with the exception of the RL). It is not clear if the new US Accord platform will be a global platform or not.
TSX cannot be changed some thing else just like Euro Civic cannot be changed to some thing else. They have specific chasis tuning, engine and designs for EU tastes and Honda has that huge Swindon manufacturing plant.

why do u think that new diesel engine is tested on TSX chasis not on ILX/USDM Accord. because they are bringing those updates much sooner to Euro Accord. once you invest so much time and money. that thing cannot be changed. Just BMW 3 series has the same tried formula.
The amount of money and time that Honda invested in Euro Accord is many times more than money invested in TL. as TL is not global car and has declining sales.

http://www.autobytel.com/honda/coupe...gies-108733/4/
A Report from Japan: Driving Honda’s All New Line-up of Engines, Transmissions and Technologies

Acura TSX with 1.6 liter diesel engine and manual transmission

You can imagine that we were skeptical of a 1.6 liter diesel engine being able to move a model like an Acura TSX with any sort of authority but boy were we surprised. Also, given the low weight of the engine up front, this sedan felt more nimble and agile around the corners than we expected it to. Yes, a diesel engine doesn’t rev as high as your usual Honda motor but this engine proves this car company can build any kind of powerplant it wants and will build the world’s best.

It’s a shame Honda won’t be bringing it to the United States. It’s so good that pretty much every journalist there at one time or another was overheard whining about it to a Honda representative. Not that such behavoir is typical of the profession or anything.
what Honda is trying to do in EU is to reduce the weight of EuroAccord by 500 lbs (Next A4 is shedding weight by huge margin) by introducing lighter engines and the whole support system in frontal body. They may even discard the whole V6 engine from Euro Accord just to design the car for 4 engine only. Hyundai already ditched 6 cylinder for Sonata and this thing benefited them of design a car lighter from ground up. see the new I40 example in EU with 1.7 CRDI engine.
The following users liked this post:
TSXy Luster (02-12-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 09:32 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
^ Great info! I just learned something new. Im still wondering whats their future plans for the TSX since it ISN'T getting scrapped right away. I wonder if the '13 MY SE will come with tech + 6spd MT.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Safety Car

Next year or so will be interesting for Honda.They are claiming lightest and most fuel efficient diesel. if it came out true in actual test. This will give very big boost to sales in EU and Asia. so Honda will than have money to subsidize diesel sales in US. Just like Germans do.
so we may see Euro Accord diesel at some point. Euro Civic will be too expensive for its small size.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...rise-cars.html
Honda Losing in India Without Diesel as Gas Prices Rise: Cars
You have to look things from Global perspective as how company makes or lose money in different markets and it does impact there offerings When Honda diesel start falling behind in EU there was little point of introducing them in US.
Risk with ILX is that there is no backup. If it failed in US market. It is practically gone. Failure is not just in terms of sales volume but discounts.
IF dealers have to sell this car at big discounts. Ultimately Honda will be losing money on it.
ILX is not CSX it has unique sheet metal. So it need sales and certain price point.
Honda is uing 2.4L engine across the line up but not 2.0L which majority of ILX sales will be. when you have overweight, wider with large tires and underpower car. its fuel economy will suffer.
Civic EX-L dont use 17inch rim and is less wider.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Summer is Coming

TSX cannot be changed some thing else just like Euro Civic cannot be changed to some thing else. They have specific chasis tuning, engine and designs for EU tastes and Honda has that huge Swindon manufacturing plant.

why do u think that new diesel engine is tested on TSX chasis not on ILX/USDM Accord. because they are bringing those updates much sooner to Euro Accord. once you invest so much time and money. that thing cannot be changed. Just BMW 3 series has the same tried formula.
The amount of money and time that Honda invested in Euro Accord is many times more than money invested in TL. as TL is not global car and has declining sales.

what Honda is trying to do in EU is to reduce the weight of EuroAccord by 500 lbs (Next A4 is shedding weight by huge margin) by introducing lighter engines and the whole support system in frontal body. They may even discard the whole V6 engine from Euro Accord just to design the car for 4 engine only. Hyundai already ditched 6 cylinder for Sonata and this thing benefited them of design a car lighter from ground up. see the new I40 example in EU with 1.7 CRDI engine.
Maybe Honda will continue to produce the Euro Accord in EU and in Japan but it will not be imported into the US as the TSX. Two different markets and different costs to Honda. Diesels have never caught on in the US in passenger cars. I think many people associate diesels with noise, smelly exhaust etc... even if modern clean diesels are different. Plus diesel fuel is more expensive than gasoline. BMW has decided not to sell its diesel in the US on its new 3-series. We'll know a lot more later this year about the new US TSX-TL. I just hope it has a fold down rear seat!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Maybe Honda will continue to produce the Euro Accord in EU and in Japan but it will not be imported into the US as the TSX. Two different markets and different costs to Honda. Diesels have never caught on in the US in passenger cars. I think many people associate diesels with noise, smelly exhaust etc... even if modern clean diesels are different. Plus diesel fuel is more expensive than gasoline. BMW has decided not to sell its diesel in the US on its new 3-series. We'll know a lot more later this year about the new US TSX-TL. I just hope it has a fold down rear seat!
6 cylinder BMW diesel has nearly same economic as new BW 328I. so there is is little point in importing 335D when its performance is not better than 328I.
BMW diesel uses urea. but VW 4 cylinder dont require it.
Virtually entire new line up of Audi will be diesel. The fasted growing premium brand in America.
We will not know about TL-TSX this year as this Accord replacement year and USDM Accord will not be that much different than current one. (See coupe example).
ILX is simply not premium enough for entry level. It is devaluing the brand. It will end up like RSX with low sales and finally disbanded.
TSX is still growing strong sales wise in its 4th year with minimal MMC.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:04 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
^TSX
Old 02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 549 Likes on 355 Posts
We will not know about TL-TSX this year as this Accord replacement year and USDM Accord will not be that much different than current one. (See coupe example).
That may not be the case, though, as the sedan is going to be smaller, different engine/tranny options, way more technology features inside, etc., so it sounds like it just may be a complete redesign, and even more so than the coupe.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
It looks like the next step in integra/rsx interiors.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ESHBG
That may not be the case, though, as the sedan is going to be smaller, different engine/tranny options, way more technology features inside, etc., so it sounds like it just may be a complete redesign, and even more so than the coupe.
Accord coupe is 190.8 inch. New Accord sedan may not be much smaller.
2.4L DI engine is good for 181bhp at this point. It is all about fuel economy.
3.5V6 even with 6speed Auto will not have performance of V6 TSX which is rated at 19/28. It is the best you can get with tremendous performance.
Accord sedans dont have handling of Acuras with FWD & all season tire setup. I am pretty sure Honda cheapens the interior to save money compared to Acura.
Accord is good buy compared to ILX but not good enough compared to TSX.