I am getting rid of my TSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mmm, i'd agree but like ttk5 said in another thread, we all did test drive this vehicle for 10 or more minutes with plenty of time to be uncomfortable, or to realize we don't like the interior, or we don't like the way the said toy works.. we all went in there and said "i'm not paying $33,000 for your 'luxury' vehicle" and most of us did not. So though they may promote it as better then average, and they do say "Best VALUE car in its class" .. its still a value buy, things come at low prices for a reason. I personally don't want to pay an extra $10,000 for the german car with the same options just because the dash looks a bit shinier, or there buttons are in a better place, or cause the leather on there seat feels better then this one.. saving $10,000 is worth it to have all the toys and joys, with a little sacrificed quality.. which one would expect when purchasing.. a "value intro to luxury" vehicle..

That being said, I'd agree every car has its problems and no one is goin to be 100% happy with there purchase, and once you own a car for more then a month, you ALWAYS start thinking you should have bought something else..

Grass always looks greener on the other side, then you get there and what you just came from may not look better because in your MIND you know what its like, but in reality it looks just as good as where your standing now to anyone else.

The car is advertised as it is sold, and I believe to go in thinking you're getting the equivlent to a audi bmw or mercedes is your own mis doing because if the car was as phenomenal and made in a similar high quality fashion, you would pay for it.

So the argument " I only paid $30,000" remains valid, you know what you were getting when you wrote the check, you knew your other options. No one said " YOU HAVE TO BUY THE CHEAP LUXURY CAR!"

I think the TSX makes up for it, with its new original design, and it definitely stands out on the road even over other TSX's from previous generations. The stock 09 + tsx is gorgeous.. the stock 09 + tl meh, but with some work? I'll beat off to it.. The RL? Someone justify why I would want to spend that much money on a car that still has a V6 ?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
^that. exactly.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by legend911men
I leased the car about 3 months ago and my back has been killing me after the 1st week of driving the car. I have adjusted the seat in every way possible and I still have PAIN. I have read a couple of articles about the lumbar support being too high on the back (it sits on the middle of the back which makes it worst).

I got some good info form this post: http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...sage_id=734897
I've always liked the TSX seats. In fact, the instant comfort I felt upon first driving the car was a factor in my purchase.

However, I agree the lumbar support is too high. I still think the car is comfortable overall, but I cannot fathom that aspect of the design. My 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero had a lower lumbar support, which was much more helpful, especially because that car had such a hard ride.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to sidetrack the thread a bit but since point c (steering feel) was mentioned by the OP, am wondering about your inputs... was/am considering the tsx as a 2nd car for my fam. not buying till next year when we move to the burbs but the only thing that's stopping me are two things:

a) steering feel - it's more "dead" compared to my rdx and
b) price/value - it seems overpriced esp with the steering feel issue {you guys brought up the point of it being european accord etc etc and i agree}

do you guys know if problem "a" could be tweaked? i understand that all these electronic steering has made the tsx worse than earlier versions. love the honda/acura brand but if the tsx wont cut it, i might just go civic instead for the price. any thoughts?

as an aside, i am looking for a manual, no navigation pkg. i love the rdx handling, drive-ability, and even stiff harsh ride. no problem with the seats either.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cavium303
sorry to sidetrack the thread a bit but since point c (steering feel) was mentioned by the OP, am wondering about your inputs... was/am considering the tsx as a 2nd car for my fam. not buying till next year when we move to the burbs but the only thing that's stopping me are two things:

a) steering feel - it's more "dead" compared to my rdx and
b) price/value - it seems overpriced esp with the steering feel issue {you guys brought up the point of it being european accord etc etc and i agree}

do you guys know if problem "a" could be tweaked? i understand that all these electronic steering has made the tsx worse than earlier versions. love the honda/acura brand but if the tsx wont cut it, i might just go civic instead for the price. any thoughts?

as an aside, i am looking for a manual, no navigation pkg. i love the rdx handling, drive-ability, and even stiff harsh ride. no problem with the seats either.
Test drive the car yourself to see if you like it. Unless you've been driving Beemers your whole life, the steering will feel fine and the handling will feel great. Most new cars are switching to electronic steering so i guess we should get used to it.

The 2nd gen is still a superior car overall, the cabin is less noisy, its roomier and its even faster than the 1st gen.

From what I hear, the RDX can get V8 like fuel economy if you start having some fun with the turbo so I never really considered it, too many better V6's out there...
Old 03-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Instructor

cavium303, do you want to buy the 8th gen Civic (the UFO design), or some other civic?

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
Test drive the car yourself to see if you like it.
True

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
handling will feel great
False
Old 03-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Intermediate

hhcz considering my friend's 2005 used civic which seems to be a good deal - for a 2nd car might not be bad. but personally, brand new is more interesting (hence tsx).

Originally Posted by HHCZ
cavium303, do you want to buy the 8th gen Civic (the UFO design), or some other civic?

True

False
Old 03-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Burning Brakes

True

False
Its all relative to what you drove previously. If this person has been driving old Lincolns and Cadillacs their whole life then ofcourse the handling will feel great in the TSX.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just for a 2010, and i love it so far. the electronic steering isnt as bad is i thought it was gonna be from reading all the stuff in the forums. youll get used to it in no time. and the handling is better than i thought. its not a bmw or anything but its also not as bad as other base cars such as camry or accord. it does have a tight suspension and can handle turns at high speeds with getting the rolling feeling.
i dont know about this whole "dead" feeling steering. the only thing i feel is when trying to do quick turns back and forth. it feels like the wheel has a max turning speed, im assuming caused by the electronic assist. not that it slows down your reaction time or anything, but it justs feels that way.
its hard to describe, i only have 280 miles on mine, and taking my time to get used to it all but i love it so far
Old 03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Intermediate

thanks for the suggestions guys.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Hmmm. Selling the TSX is harder than I thought :/
Old 03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Instructor

Hmmm. Selling the TSX is harder than I thought :/
Maybe all the potential purchasers have been reading the comments on this forum

Have you tried part-exchange? I've been getting some really good prices against other makes.