How much does each scheduled service cost on the 09 TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much does each scheduled service cost on the 09 TSX?

Has anyone done any of the scheduled service on the 09 TSX yet? I was wondering what the service intervals are and how much does each service cost. Also, how much is an dealer oil change and does the car require synthetic oil. I am guessing that oil changes are every 5000 mils. Is this correct?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
It varies from dealer to dealer. Best thing would be to call your dealer and ask what they charge.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sluday...and keep in mind that service will vary through the course of the life of the vehicle. They usually cycle through a few service pattern and these vary in price but as LuvMyTsx said, stop by the dealer and check out the cost of their service program....but other than the regular service, take comfort in knowing that cost of ownership with an Acura is very low....
Old 05-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
It varies from dealer to dealer. Best thing would be to call your dealer and ask what they charge.

I know that oil changes prices may vary at each dealer but isn't the scheduled service a set price from Acura?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by sluday
I know that oil changes prices may vary at each dealer but isn't the scheduled service a set price from Acura?
Nope.

To further complicate things, sometimes dealers have their own maintenance schedules which they force on you if you don't know any better. They do this to add things and make the maintenance more expensive, which makes them more money. So, you have to be careful.

And that's not just Acura dealers, it's EVERY brand.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
check dealer websites. Sometimes they post coupons.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Racer

My dealer just said over the term of my 36 month lease i have to change the oil, and thats just when the car tells me to based on my driving. Could be 3k miles or even 6k miles. I have the option to get my oil change at the dealer or at any other place (Jiffy Lube, etc) Other than that, i liked the fact that there was no MAJOR service dates i would have to pay for =)
Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 PM
08 MDX with Sports

Its Honda and rock solid just bring your Mobile 1 5w30 to your dealership and have them change every 5k miles..
Old 06-08-2008, 02:32 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
The TSX takes 5w-20 conventional motor oil.

Services are dictated by the Maintenance Minder system, which is similar to GM's Oil Life Monitor. Intervals can be as low as 2k to as high as 10k. Most people average between 5-6k.

First service is usually an A1, next one is B1, third one is A1, then the fourth one is a B12.

A services are oil changes which run about $40, tire rotation (1) adds another $30 usually. B service is an oil change with an in-depth inspection, and that usually costs around $150. The 2 code is in-cabin air filter and engine air filter replacement, and this costs about $150. Transmission fluid (3 code) is about every ten services, spark plugs and coolant are not replaced until the 100k mark or so. Brake fluid is done every three years independently.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Except for the only brand that matters...

Nope.

To further complicate things, sometimes dealers have their own maintenance schedules which they force on you if you don't know any better. They do this to add things and make the maintenance more expensive, which makes them more money. So, you have to be careful.

And that's not just Acura dealers, it's EVERY brand.
...BMW, which includes all maintenance for the first 4 years or 50K miles:

Only BMW offers a comprehensive suite of premium vehicle maintenance services for absolutely no cost: buy a BMW now and pay no maintenance costs for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Featuring the following services, BMW Ultimate Service lives up to its name:

BMW Maintenance Program: One of the most comprehensive maintenance programs in its class covering all factory-recommended maintenance, oil service and fluid service, as well as items that need replacement due to normal wear and tear - such as brake pads, brake rotors and wiper blade inserts.

Four years of the BMW Assist Safety Plan™: Many 2007 and later models include a four-year, unlimited mileage subscription to the BMW Assist Safety Plan including TeleService, an exclusive BMW benefit which allows your vehicle to contact your BMW center directly when it needs service or maintenance.

Unlimited-Mileage Roadside Assistance: Receive Roadside Assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for the first four years of ownership, without any mileage limitation.

New Vehicle Limited Warranty: Your warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship for the first four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, so you can rest assured your BMW will perform as expected.

No other premium automaker provides such comprehensive benefits for absolutely no cost. So while other car owners will incur from several hundred to over one thousand dollars of maintenance or repair costs during the first 4 years they own their vehicles, you pay nothing for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles.

Not bad for a carmaker that was just named "BEST-OF-THE-BEST IN TOTAL QUALITY EXPERIENCE BY STRATEGIC VISION."

Or you could spend more and buy a 2009 TSX with Tech as opposed to a 328i with a 6-speed manual transmission and Sports package.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by cg2006TSX
...BMW, which includes all maintenance for the first 4 years or 50K miles:

Only BMW offers a comprehensive suite of premium vehicle maintenance services for absolutely no cost: buy a BMW now and pay no maintenance costs for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Featuring the following services, BMW Ultimate Service lives up to its name:

BMW Maintenance Program: One of the most comprehensive maintenance programs in its class covering all factory-recommended maintenance, oil service and fluid service, as well as items that need replacement due to normal wear and tear - such as brake pads, brake rotors and wiper blade inserts.

Four years of the BMW Assist Safety Plan™: Many 2007 and later models include a four-year, unlimited mileage subscription to the BMW Assist Safety Plan including TeleService, an exclusive BMW benefit which allows your vehicle to contact your BMW center directly when it needs service or maintenance.

Unlimited-Mileage Roadside Assistance: Receive Roadside Assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for the first four years of ownership, without any mileage limitation.

New Vehicle Limited Warranty: Your warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship for the first four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, so you can rest assured your BMW will perform as expected.

No other premium automaker provides such comprehensive benefits for absolutely no cost. So while other car owners will incur from several hundred to over one thousand dollars of maintenance or repair costs during the first 4 years they own their vehicles, you pay nothing for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles.

Not bad for a carmaker that was just named "BEST-OF-THE-BEST IN TOTAL QUALITY EXPERIENCE BY STRATEGIC VISION."

Or you could spend more and buy a 2009 TSX with Tech as opposed to a 328i with a 6-speed manual transmission and Sports package.
Yeah, and the purchase price reflects the "free maintenance."
Old 06-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Advanced

Really?

Yeah, and the purchase price reflects the "free maintenance."
328i Sedan: Proof that all good things come in threes.
Starting at $32,400 MSRP
3.0-liter, inline 6-cylinder engine
230 horsepower
Rear-wheel drive
28 mpg hwy*

2009 TSX 6-Speed Manual with Technology Package
Starts at $32,060

Old 06-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Starting at $32,400 MSRP
230 horsepower
Rear-wheel drive
28 mpg hwy*

Starts at $32,060

Then add on the options so the BMW is equipped like the TSX and tell me the price.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Racer

LuvMyTsx...I agree with you 100%. I will admit the BMW does have a great handling but there is very little in the base model. I was looking imto a 328i down my way and the only option I had was the auto transmission and sunroof and the monthly lease payment was over 110.00 more a month...No leather (just leatherette), base stereo, no electric seats, no homelink integration, so I just couldn't justify the BMW. Sure, for the true driving enthusiast, they may feel that the luxurious feel is not important as they want the handling/performance but I'd rather have a good balance between both and with the TSX now coming out with the V6, it will give BMW a hard run for its money...sure it will still be a FWD but with more power and more luxuary, its going to be interesting...
Old 06-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Intermediate

Starting at $32,400 MSRP
230 horsepower
Rear-wheel drive
28 mpg hwy*

Starts at $32,060

You forget one thing here, the BMW "all included service" is about 4 oil changes and a set of wipers! Get real, the new 3 series doesn't even have a dip stick for you to check your own oil. No sh*t you'll have to go there for your "free maintenance" and you will pay at least twice the parts and labor cost down the road than you will for an Acura. Oh, by the way, enjoy the $230/each run flats that feel like garbage on the road as well!!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Advanced

Wake Up!

Originally Posted by 09TSX
LuvMyTsx...I agree with you 100%. I will admit the BMW does have a great handling but there is very little in the base model. I was looking imto a 328i down my way and the only option I had was the auto transmission and sunroof and the monthly lease payment was over 110.00 more a month...No leather (just leatherette), base stereo, no electric seats, no homelink integration, so I just couldn't justify the BMW. Sure, for the true driving enthusiast, they may feel that the luxurious feel is not important as they want the handling/performance but I'd rather have a good balance between both and with the TSX now coming out with the V6, it will give BMW a hard run for its money...sure it will still be a FWD but with more power and more luxuary, its going to be interesting...
A BMW is a luxury car, a TSX is not. The total cost of ownership for a TSX w/Tech is greater than a BMW 328i over a five year period. If you're going to pass on a BMW because it does not feature Homelink, it's your money, not mine. Just don't tell me it's a better value.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Advanced

What options are those?

Then add on the options so the BMW is equipped like the TSX and tell me the price.
Unlike a TSX, which is based on a non-luxury Euro Accord, the BMW 328 is engineered from the ground up as a luxury car. Granted there are a few options such as Xenons which are of value, but then again standard for BMW is head and shoulders above standard for the TSX.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Advanced

Yawn: An Uninformed Acura Driver/BMW Hater

Originally Posted by GusterFan
You forget one thing here, the BMW "all included service" is about 4 oil changes and a set of wipers! Get real, the new 3 series doesn't even have a dip stick for you to check your own oil. No sh*t you'll have to go there for your "free maintenance" and you will pay at least twice the parts and labor cost down the road than you will for an Acura. Oh, by the way, enjoy the $230/each run flats that feel like garbage on the road as well!!
BS > BMW Maintenance Program: One of the most comprehensive maintenance programs in its class covering all factory-recommended maintenance, oil service and fluid service, as well as items that need replacement due to normal wear and tear - such as brake pads, brake rotors and wiper blade inserts.

Don't believe everything that you read: what is stopping you from changing your own oil, the run-flats are way better than the stock Michelins on an Acura, and that twice as much BS is just that, BS.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Racer

cg2006TSX...First and for most, I don't appreciate a "Wake up" comment. It is uncalled for and furthermore, I wasn't directing my comments at you per say so no need for attacks.

If you sit in a BMW cockpit and you look at that 70s dash, fake leather with a lever that you need to pull you a$$ up, no memory seating, stereo that sounds like crap and no other features and you feel that BMW is real luxury, then so be it. BMW is an AMAZING driving machine and if you read my previous post you shot down, I do acknowledge that 100% but in order to get a Bimmer that truly feels luxurious, you will need to spend alot more.

Now, I am not here to start throwing nasty comments back and forh as this is not the purpose of these forums and I respect your opinion, and your entitled to yours but please, no need for comments like "wake up" etc....

Now lets enjoy the discussion....
Old 06-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Racer

cg2006TSX...I agree with you also on this one, their full service is something I wish Acura offered especially when you consider how reliable their cars are, it would be a small drop in the bucket for Acura/honda....and a big 100% agreeing with you that Michelin would be quickly replaced by other tires once I would get my TSX...especially for those Brdgestone Potenza
Old 06-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Unlike a TSX, which is based on a non-luxury Euro Accord, the BMW 328 is engineered from the ground up as a luxury car. Granted there are a few options such as Xenons which are of value, but then again standard for BMW is head and shoulders above standard for the TSX.
Different people have different tastes. Some prefer performance over all else, and some prefer more of a balance between performance and options/creature comforts. It's all personal preference.

Anyway, we are getting away from the topic of this thread, which is the cost of maintenance on the TSX. Let's get back on topic here.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Different people have different tastes. Some prefer performance over all else, and some prefer more of a balance between performance and options/creature comforts. It's all personal preference. However, a luxury car is one that incorporates both performance and options, so a base BMW is not exactly a "luxury" car IMO. It is seriously lacking a lot of features that cost a lot more money to add on. You need to compare apples to apples, so compare a base 328 to a base (non-tech) TSX, and tell me which is the better value (most will say the one with more features). Even the non-tech TSX comes with a lot of options that the 328 does not have. Let alone a TSX tech which has even more features.

Anyway, we are getting away from the topic of this thread, which is the cost of maintenance on the TSX. Let's get back on topic here.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:58 PM
08 MDX with Sports

All I know is when I priced out 328I sedan with the options I wanted it came out to $ 43k + TTL. BMW gives you 1 oil change every 10k miles or once a year which ever comes first.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Newplay1
All I know is when I priced out 328I sedan with the options I wanted it came out to $ 43k + TTL. BMW gives you 1 oil change every 10k miles or once a year which ever comes first.
Actually, I think it's now once every two years or whenever the CBS display says a service is needed. A lot of vehicles are going 20k between service.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Intermediate

BS > BMW Maintenance Program: One of the most comprehensive maintenance programs in its class covering all factory-recommended maintenance, oil service and fluid service, as well as items that need replacement due to normal wear and tear - such as brake pads, brake rotors and wiper blade inserts.

Don't believe everything that you read: what is stopping you from changing your own oil, the run-flats are way better than the stock Michelins on an Acura, and that twice as much BS is just that, BS.

You don't change any of the major fluids on the TSX for 100K miles! Okay, thanks BMW for the $2.99 washerfluid. Unless you have money to burn, RFT are expensive and not worth it. I can show you countless BMW threads where owners hate them. The BMW 3 series is not a luxury car, it is a drivers car. Anyone who buys a 3 series to say they own a luxury car can't afford more. I really like BMWs and if I had $49K to part with without any other factors, a 335i coupe would be in my garage. I am just annoyed when someone tries to say a stripped 3 series is a better luxury car than an Acura. Never going to sell that to me.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:54 PM
User with Skills

You don't change any of the major fluids on the TSX for 100K miles! Okay, thanks BMW for the $2.99 washerfluid. Unless you have money to burn, RFT are expensive and not worth it. I can show you countless BMW threads where owners hate them. The BMW 3 series is not a luxury car, it is a drivers car. Anyone who buys a 3 series to say they own a luxury car can't afford more. I really like BMWs and if I had $49K to part with without any other factors, a 335i coupe would be in my garage. I am just annoyed when someone tries to say a stripped 3 series is a better luxury car than an Acura. Never going to sell that to me.
Amen...
Old 06-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Intermediate

Try Again

Here is a build your own 328i with black non-metallic paint that is closest to a TSX auto w/ Tech package... Just over $10K difference... but you get replacement wiper blades at no charge!!

My 328i Sedan
Rear-wheel drive
See all standard features
Base MSRP $32,700
Jet Black $0
Beige Dakota Leather $0
Dark Burl Walnut wood trim $0
Premium Package $3,350
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission $1,325
Heated front seats $500
Navigation system $2,100
Split-folding rear seats including ski bag $475
iPod and USB adapter $400
Logic7 sound system with Surround Sound and Digital Sound Processing $1,200
Xenon headlights $800
Destination & Handling: $825
Total MSRP as Built $43,675
Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Race Director

Here is a build your own 328i with black non-metallic paint that is closest to a TSX auto w/ Tech package... Just over $10K difference... but you get replacement wiper blades at no charge!!

My 328i Sedan
Rear-wheel drive
See all standard features
Base MSRP $32,700
Jet Black $0
Beige Dakota Leather $0
Dark Burl Walnut wood trim $0
Premium Package $3,350
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission $1,325
Heated front seats $500
Navigation system $2,100
Split-folding rear seats including ski bag $475
iPod and USB adapter $400
Logic7 sound system with Surround Sound and Digital Sound Processing $1,200
Xenon headlights $800
Destination & Handling: $825
Total MSRP as Built $43,675
yeah and after 4 yrs/50,000 miles you have to get rid of that BMW or else maintenance costs will be sky high!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Racer

Mokos23 and GusterFan...and here in Canada, you have to pay extra to get the real leather otherwise you get this cheap leatherette and to get Sirius radio, there is an extra 600$....

No question that they do handle great though and I will never ever claim that a TSX handles as good as BMW, never, however, like someone said above, BMW is the ultimate driving machine...in my opinion, a TSX is just the ultimate machine
Old 06-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
cg2006TSX, the feeling I get from most people in this forum is that they lease their cars. Both cars won't have any problems until you look down the road. I was looking at getting a 2005 325i used. I do most of the work myself so I started posting on the BMW forums about some common issues. When you factor in all of the issues that the 3 series has transmissions, radiator expansion tanks, ball joints failing at 80k miles, thermostats failing at 60k miles why would anyone ever buy a BMW? I think our old 95 Taurus had fewer issues.

Reliability is what I look at when buying a car and it sure isn't there in a 3 series. The only thing that the 3 has over Honda/Acura is leatherette quality is much better.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Advanced

Yawn: Life's Not That Complicated

"When I went to BMW and optioned out my 3, it was over 43K...."

Drive a 2008 BMW 328i, auto or manual, with Sport.

Walk over to your local Acura dealer, and drive the 2009 TSX with Tech.

It's your 35K.

Where are you going to spend it? That's right, count out the bills, right into his hand.

Some of you will drop 35K on a TSX. Enjoy your ride.

Some of us will drop 35K on a BMW 3. Stripped. And no, we don't give f*ck about ELS, cheap leather seats or XM with Weather. We drive with the radio off just to hear the sweet sound of the world's most beautiful inline 6.

Stay driven, my friends.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Cruisin'

"When I went to BMW and optioned out my 3, it was over 43K...."

Drive a 2008 BMW 328i, auto or manual, with Sport.

Walk over to your local Acura dealer, and drive the 2009 TSX with Tech.

It's your 35K.

Where are you going to spend it? That's right, count out the bills, right into his hand.

Some of you will drop 35K on a TSX. Enjoy your ride.

Some of us will drop 35K on a BMW 3. Stripped. And no, we don't give f*ck about ELS, cheap leather seats or XM with Weather. We drive with the radio off just to hear the sweet sound of the world's most beautiful inline 6.

Stay driven, my friends.
The ultimate driving machine starts at 335. Not at 328. 328 is entry level wannabe class. You have not yet arrived.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Advanced

Scheduled for On Time Arrival

Originally Posted by JyeJye
The ultimate driving machine starts at 335. Not at 328. 328 is entry level wannabe class. You have not yet arrived.
37 years old and still using the term 'wannabe'. I could say more, but what the point?

Wait, there is something!

Stay stupid, my enemies.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Intermediate

Talking

37 years old and still using the term 'wannabe'. I could say more, but what the point?

Wait, there is something!

Stay stupid, my enemies.
I can make no sense of any of the points this guy makes, but I will defend that any BMW engine is great, even the 328.

I think this is a case of someone who ponied up to buy a stripped 3 series and is second guessing it. Since you are left driving a base car with no toys/options, you are back at the TSX forum to parade your 328 and try to boost your ego. Do everyone a favor and go to the bimmer forums if you need to feel better about your decision.

I have to go. I just picked up my new TSX and have to explore the nav system, XM radio, ipod connectivity, set up my blutooth phone, ect, ect...
Old 06-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Advanced

Nice Try!

I can make no sense of any of the points this guy makes, but I will defend that any BMW engine is great, even the 328.

I think this is a case of someone who ponied up to buy a stripped 3 series and is second guessing it. Since you are left driving a base car with no toys/options, you are back at the TSX forum to parade your 328 and try to boost your ego. Do everyone a favor and go to the bimmer forums if you need to feel better about your decision.

I have to go. I just picked up my new TSX and have to explore the nav system, XM radio, ipod connectivity, set up my blutooth phone, ect, ect...
A new 2009 TSX w/Tech for 33K? Why not try my 4 month old E90 BMW 328xi, Montego Blue, Dakota Black & Aluminum, Premium, Sport, Xenon, Comfort Access, iPod and Heated Seats. A set of Blacklines for $200 and now I'm set for summer. $2,500 off Sticker to total 40K, shade under $500 for a 36 month, 15K per year lease with $0 Maintenance, $0 Down (TTL only) and only a $100 bump in my insurance.

I said sayonara to the Honda dealers who requested 2K over sticker for the 08 Accord Coupe! Sayonara to the Acura dealers who quoted over $500 for a 08 TL-S lease! Sayonara to Dick Colliver and the insult commonly known as the 09 TSX!

FYI for all potential 'Tech' buyers: why not take off your asshats and consider a 3G Apple iPhone w/GPS and the just announced Tom Tom client for $199.

For those of you dropped 3K for Alpine's outdated 'tech', sucks to be you!

Perhaps you can make sense of this post, however considering that you drive Colliver's folly, I'm not counting on it.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Senior Moderator

A new 2009 TSX w/Tech for 33K? Why not try my 4 month old E90 BMW 328xi, Montego Blue, Dakota Black & Aluminum, Premium, Sport, Xenon, Comfort Access, iPod and Heated Seats. A set of Blacklines for $200 and now I'm set for summer. $2,500 off Sticker to total 40K, shade under $500 for a 36 month, 15K per year lease with $0 Maintenance, $0 Down (TTL only) and only a $100 bump in my insurance.

I said sayonara to the Honda dealers who requested 2K over sticker for the 08 Accord Coupe! Sayonara to the Acura dealers who quoted over $500 for a 08 TL-S lease! Sayonara to Dick Colliver and the insult commonly known as the 09 TSX!

FYI for all potential 'Tech' buyers: why not take off your asshats and consider a 3G Apple iPhone w/GPS and the just announced Tom Tom client for $199.

Perhaps you can make sense of this post, however considering that you drive Colliver's folly, I'm not counting on it.
Chill out with the attacks, please. So you don't like the TSX, no one here cares whether you do or not. Just stop trolling the forums because that is all you do lately.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
CG I gotta say, I have no idea what you are accomplishing here. Seriously, as I recall, we've had some good talks back when the G1 TSX came out and I recall your being a helpful contributor to the forum. I don't hate you and I don't consider you an enemy but why are you going out of your way to be so mean spirited and inflammatory? This post doesn't require an answer, I just hope you'll step back and read some of the things you write. All the best.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

Wow! I have never heard of such a bad case of buyers remorse.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Advanced

The Truth Matters

Originally Posted by Colin
CG I gotta say, I have no idea what you are accomplishing here. Seriously, as I recall, we've had some good talks back when the G1 TSX came out and I recall your being a helpful contributor to the forum. I don't hate you and I don't consider you an enemy but why are you going out of your way to be so mean spirited and inflammatory? This post doesn't require an answer, I just hope you'll step back and read some of the things you write. All the best.
Fair comment, with reservations, of course.

There are two ways to look at the value of the Acurazine community. One perspective is that its members are car enthusiasts who can influence the future direction of Acura. The other perspective is that Acura can influence members to influence the community to support the Acura brand independent of all of the things that those who love cars deem important.

I don't have an issue in trying to strike a balance between the two to find a happy medium. That said, I find it less than engaging to exclusively read posters slapping each other on the back for dropping upwards of 33K on a car that is a big disappointment from a car enthusiast perspective. Let's face the fact that the present incarnation of the 2G TSX will never achieve the kudos and support attained by the 1G.

Where does that leave former TSX enthusiasts? Do we simply drink the Kool-Aid and pretend Acura has a winner on their hands? Or do we provide insight and along the way inform those who are seeking to spend their 35K wisely, even if that means spending it on something other than an Acura.

Now it's a given that Acura won't be pleased, but then again, all they need to do is the read the posts within AZ and get it right next time. Who knows, perhaps even I will reconsider coming back to Acura if they can produce the winner they're capable of, instead of the poor excuses they've been providing in its place.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Racer

Fair comment, with reservations, of course.

There are two ways to look at the value of the Acurazine community. One perspective is that its members are car enthusiasts who can influence the future direction of Acura. The other perspective is that Acura can influence members to influence the community to support the Acura brand independent of all of the things that those who love cars deem important.

I don't have an issue in trying to strike a balance between the two to find a happy medium. That said, I find it less than engaging to exclusively read posters slapping each other on the back for dropping upwards of 33K on a car that is a big disappointment from a car enthusiast perspective. Let's face the fact that the present incarnation of the 2G TSX will never achieve the kudos and support attained by the 1G.

Where does that leave former TSX enthusiasts? Do we simply drink the Kool-Aid and pretend Acura has a winner on their hands? Or do we provide insight and along the way inform those who are seeking to spend their 35K wisely, even if that means spending it on something other than an Acura.

Now it's a given that Acura won't be pleased, but then again, all they need to do is the read the posts within AZ and get it right next time. Who knows, perhaps even I will reconsider coming back to Acura if they can produce the winner they're capable of, instead of the poor excuses they've been providing in its place.
What does this have to do with the topic? Go start a new thread or something.

Quick Reply: How much does each scheduled service cost on the 09 TSX?