First time poster here, needs last few quick answers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009 | 08:53 PM
10th Gear

First time poster here, needs last few quick answers

Im working with my local Acura dealership here in Pa, they are willing to take care of my current lease 07 Honda Accord Coupe ex, and give me a 09 base auto tsx for 3 year lease with 12k a year for bout 425 a month with $1500 down.I am fine wit the deal, but i need to clear up few questions regarding the car.Coming from a 4 cylider accord which has the same engine as the tsx(k24 motor) but rated at higher hp and more torque, how much more performance can i expect?The accords 6 speaker stereo is total garbage, how does it compare to the base stereo in the baset tsx?How quiet is the interior on highway speeds(70mph+)?I had problem with balancing the wheels with my accord at the dealer, and still to this day i get slight vibration over 60mph, any problems like that with the tsx? Is the auto tranny in the tsx same as the one in the honda accord?cause the one in the accord is abit sluggish?are there any advantages of having a sport mode in the car?
Old 04-23-2009 | 09:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Advice:

1.) Take your time. Doesn't sound like your current Honda lease ends tomorrow.
2.) Test drive the TSX more than once. You're talking about two different cars from what appears to be two different dealers. They owe you some customer service.
3.) Negotiate a better deal with your local dealer. Sounds like they are trying to capitalize on the residual value of your current Honda lease in order to get rid of 2009 TSX inventory to make their numbers. They are willing to take this gamble because 2009 TSX residual values are not yet defined; they can only be approximated right now.
4.) Negotiate a better deal on the car. Remember negotiate on the price of the car and nothing else. You need to do your financial homework. $425 a month with $1500 down and 12k annual mileage isn't that great of a deal in my opinion. I'm sure others would agree that you could get a better deal.
5.) Test drive the TSX again. This time 6MT vs. 5AT if you have not done so already.
6.) Make a decision first on whether or not you like the TSX, second on just how good of a "deal" it is.

There are lots of tools online to help you w/ leasing vs. buying cars etc. It sounds like you're too back-and-forth about everything right now. Sit on it for at least a few days.
Old 04-23-2009 | 10:35 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Originally Posted by ressling
Advice:

1.) Take your time. Doesn't sound like your current Honda lease ends tomorrow.
2.) Test drive the TSX more than once. You're talking about two different cars from what appears to be two different dealers. They owe you some customer service.
3.) Negotiate a better deal with your local dealer. Sounds like they are trying to capitalize on the residual value of your current Honda lease in order to get rid of 2009 TSX inventory to make their numbers. They are willing to take this gamble because 2009 TSX residual values are not yet defined; they can only be approximated right now.
4.) Negotiate a better deal on the car. Remember negotiate on the price of the car and nothing else. You need to do your financial homework. $425 a month with $1500 down and 12k annual mileage isn't that great of a deal in my opinion. I'm sure others would agree that you could get a better deal.
5.) Test drive the TSX again. This time 6MT vs. 5AT if you have not done so already.
6.) Make a decision first on whether or not you like the TSX, second on just how good of a "deal" it is.

There are lots of tools online to help you w/ leasing vs. buying cars etc. It sounds like you're too back-and-forth about everything right now. Sit on it for at least a few days.
I agree.

x2
Old 04-23-2009 | 10:39 PM
10th Gear

I do have my mind set on this car, i have 7 months left on my current lease, which the pay off is around $2200.I could get alot better deal if my current car wasnt included in the deal, its also the same dealership i got my current car from. but now to my concerns, can someone please help me out with them?
Old 04-24-2009 | 08:23 AM
Banned

An advantage of having the sport mode is the ability to have a high degree of manual control over gears with the paddle shifters when you want to. Of course, you can also return to full automatic whenever you want by shifting back to D.