Experience with Bluebatmobile

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Experience with Bluebatmobile

This is going to be a bit long, so grab a snack or a beer .

Let me start from the beginning. I ordered & paid his complete vinyl overlay kit (Headlights, Headlight sidemarkers, Foglights, and Taillights) on December 13th, and i received an e-mail from him on the 17th asking me to measure my own foglights because he didn't take the measurements.

I did not receive this overlay kit until December 31st, so shipping took very long. By the way, I live in Long Beach, CA, and he is only 2 hours away from me. Still it took a long time to get here.

Shipping was not the WORSE PART. I went to stickercity for the install after pre-fitting them with the backing still on, and the overlay turned out to be way too big (and short in some places).
Things that were wrong with the overlay:
1. They were way too big to be "tucked".
2. He cuts this overlay BY HAND.
3. The overlay is not even "vinyl", it's so thin that it is more like a WINDOW TINT FILM.
4. Because of the material, it could not be shrunk or stretched with a heatgun like normal vinyl could, and the install was the complete disaster. Stickercity actually gave up after trying for 3 hours. They felt so bad that they didnt even charge me for trying to put them on.
5. The funny thing is that the foglight overlay was the ONLY PIECE that fitted good without any major issues, and keep in mind I was the one that measured it.

For the people with 2nd gen TSX, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY!!!

To Blue, either you give me a refund, or I will file a chargeback through Paypal.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Burning Brakes

For those of you wondering how bad they fit, I'll post the "pre fit" photos in an hour or so.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
cu2mike,

ive been to stickercity in sherman oaks about 3 times and did some vinyl work with them and was very satisified.

however they do charge $85 an hour for the labor which is pretty pricey

im planning to get my upper grill wrapped in vinyl

laminx already has the 2009 TSX precuts.

i got the headlight and fog lights from laminix and they fit perfectly
Old 01-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by defconskylude
cu2mike, ive been to stickercity in sherman oaks about 3 times and did some vinyl work with them and was very satisified.
Oh i know, my old car team had a sponsorship through them, and they did the stickers and the headlight overlay on my old rx8.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Burning Brakes

here are the "pre-fit" pictures, they are the exact same pictures i sent to bluebatmobile last friday night after i found out they are too big. I havent not heard a response back from him yet neither.........

Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
I've had a pretty negative experience with bluebatmobile as well; I did not take it critically but none the less it was bad.

Basically, customer communication is very poor. If you look at the bluebatmobile thread, I posted last march that I tried contacting them months ago. So I've been e-mailing them for a period of a year now and it has usually taken them weeks to respond back to me. I would send them my questions, and it would take them a long time to respond with short, uncomplete answers. If I had asked them 3 questions, they would only answer 1 of them in their response. It's just really frustrating you know, communicating in this fashion. It took me over 2 months to order their overlays because it took them so long to respond to me.....2months! We are still communicating at a slow pace and its been exactly 14 days (Dec.22) now since I sent payment to them and they still haven't confirmed if they even receieved it.

I had a few more questions I wanted the answers to like
1) what overlays to you have fully available right now
2) are the foglight overlays able to withstand HID heat
3) do you a variety of darknesses we can choose from

But I did not want to wait another 3months getting answers to these simple questions so I just sent them payment. I don't know whats up with this guy but he has to develop better service if he wants to maintain his customers. Hopefully I will receive my overlays soon and I will post up comments on the quality and fitment.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Burning Brakes

you do that and let me know.
do you know what normal overlay material is like? it should be thick, easy to shrink/stretch type of material that if you mess up, you can peel it off and redo it. but the material he uses is like window tint film, you mess it up and the crease is there permanently.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

i have taken this up with paypal.
pictures of the fitment and a comparison of the "industry standard vinyl" vs the material he used will be provided if paypal requests it.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
I've bought taillight tint before from a local tint store and I applied it to my old car using a hair dryer and a foarming spray. If the quality is any less than this I probably would not be interested....
Old 01-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Burning Brakes

was the tint you bought for your old car made of a thick stretchy material? or did they sell you window tint film?
was your old car's taillights nice and flat? (not like our car where it curves around the edge and have this contour on the headlight)
Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Bluebatmobile contacted me through e-mail, and the issue HAS BEEN RESOLVED. Very stand up guy, and i wouldnt mind dealing with him again once he uses a material more suitable to do overlay with 2nd gen tsx.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That was quite the turnaround in attitude.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
I have also bought his products in the past and will no longer do so. As the quality of his products are poor vs other Vinyl's I have seen and his customer service sucks these days. He should concentrate on spending money into his business instead of buying a Viper every 6 months and doing things to it.

Originally Posted by CU2MIKE
This is going to be a bit long, so grab a snack or a beer .

Let me start from the beginning. I ordered & paid his complete vinyl overlay kit (Headlights, Headlight sidemarkers, Foglights, and Taillights) on December 13th, and i received an e-mail from him on the 17th asking me to measure my own foglights because he didn't take the measurements.

I did not receive this overlay kit until December 31st, so shipping took very long. By the way, I live in Long Beach, CA, and he is only 2 hours away from me. Still it took a long time to get here.

Shipping was not the WORSE PART. I went to stickercity for the install after pre-fitting them with the backing still on, and the overlay turned out to be way too big (and short in some places).
Things that were wrong with the overlay:
1. They were way too big to be "tucked".
2. He cuts this overlay BY HAND.
3. The overlay is not even "vinyl", it's so thin that it is more like a WINDOW TINT FILM.
4. Because of the material, it could not be shrunk or stretched with a heatgun like normal vinyl could, and the install was the complete disaster. Stickercity actually gave up after trying for 3 hours. They felt so bad that they didnt even charge me for trying to put them on.
5. The funny thing is that the foglight overlay was the ONLY PIECE that fitted good without any major issues, and keep in mind I was the one that measured it.

For the people with 2nd gen TSX, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY!!!

To Blue, either you give me a refund, or I will file a chargeback through Paypal.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 PM
OCD in the OC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've purchased items from him for my Si and the experience was positive.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DerwoodEE
That was quite the turnaround in attitude.
Money was refunded and no questions were asked after i explained to him what had happened through e-mail, how else do you expect me to react?
if he had told me something like, oh you put it on and it didnt work so too bad i am not giving you a refund, then believe me that would have been a different story.