Embarrassing Moment

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Embarrassing Moment

So I went to a mexican restaurant with my friends last night. And maybe I ate too much or something, but as we left the restaurant that night and got in the car I forgot that their was a cement block that you see in front of parking spaces as to protect your bumper, well their was no other car front of me so I did not realize it until it was too late, and I heard this loud scratching noise, and I see all the amigos standing outside looking all horrified at what I just did to my car. So I pulled over immediately looked for any sign of damages or anything under the car or scratch nothing luckily. To be fair it was a pretty low parking cement so I hopefully no damage was done. It was just one of those moments where you wish you were somewhere else hehe. Anyways, I've had no problems with the car since that incidient or noticed anything different so hopefully all is good. Just thought I share this funny yet embarrassing moment.

Win2k8
Old 09-08-2009, 02:35 PM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
I would at least go to a shop and look underneath to see if there's anything damaged. You know, it may be nothing, but then again even if you chafed a radiator hose or something benign, it may be ok now but fail at the worst possible time.

It could happen to any of us.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Advanced

Good point, I will be taking the car in soon for its first oil change so hopefully they would spot anything wrong, though I wont mention anything of the incident because then they try to oversell you something you dont need. But then again it took them 2 times for me to come in before they realized my tire wall was punctured that was a joke. If they offer bad service again I'm just taking it to my old honda dealer because they are reliable and have good customer service. Not to rant about my experience I had with my local dealership but I just think if anything the customer service is worst.. longer wait times bad customer reps, only plus side is free soda and wireless whoopee... *sarcastic*

Win2k8
Old 09-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
Same thing happened to me at a drive thru BoA ATM. Side curb in which the ATM sits on stands out just high enough that when I cornered left after going straight when exiting the ATM lane it scratched. I did this on 2 separate occasions at the same ATM in the exact same part of my car! Needless to say I don't use that ATM anymore.

It made a huge screech both times and for the life of me, I could never actually find the scratch. It was only until I did a thorough wash and wax several weeks later that i discovered right underneath the side skirt lip on the driver's side of the car, near where the rear wheel meets the mud flap - a HUGE scrape down to the car's steel .

Just make sure you make a thorough inspection. Last time I got my oil change at the dealership, they left me a body shop brochure in the backseat.

I took the hint.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:08 AM
Instructor

wanted to get away? Could've flew southwest at that very moment!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't worry you're not the only one who has done it. I was a passenger in my friends Corolla and he did the exact same thing. The car actually went over the cement block and made the loudest bump. I couldn't believe he did it and my other friend and myself in the car couldn't stop laughing though I felt bad. There was this one time where I was driving my mom's car and I parked on this street that had diagonal parking and the curb was a bit higher than normal. I placed the car on park but I forgot to set the parking brake before I released the brake pedal and the car went forward just a little past the curb. I didn't hear any noise, but when I backed up enough away from the curb and got out of the car and looked underneath, there was some little paint scratched off. The curb was just high enough just to touch the bumper very slightly. At least it was underneath where no one could see...