Dealership Rip-Off attempt

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EricInMaryland
I am surprised the OP is driving with Blue Lights and is not getting pulled over in PA. That's a bigger no-no than tinting.
The license plate lights were blue. Most cops in Philly could car less.

UPDATE:

I just cut the tint off the front windshield myself. I changed the light back to stock and passed inspection. Of course, I didn't return to the dealer. Lesson learned.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 187 Posts
My daily driver.... U think it will pass inspection??
Attached Thumbnails Dealership Rip-Off attempt-image.jpg  
Old 07-07-2014, 02:44 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaheri_cbp
My daily driver.... U think it will pass inspection??
No t won't. You are missing the required side marker lights
Old 07-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
I guess you mean this...

Off highway vehicles (OHV) subject to off–road registration.

OHVs are vehicles such as racing motorcycles, trail bikes, mini bikes, dune buggies, all–terrain vehicles, jeeps, and snowmobiles. These vehicles are operated exclusively off public roads and highways on lands that are open and accessible to the public. They do not require regular registration, but must display an identification plate or device issued by DMV.

...but I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion.If you want to continue to argue a non-point then go ahead and argue with yourself. The OP was foolish to go to a dealer to get a non-compliant vehicle inspected and an idiot to come here to complain.

I'm not playing this game any longer.
Im sorry I didnt realize this was going to be a science for some.

The section you read talks about how to register an off road vehicle. It is a different process and the laws that follow that registration are not the same as road legal vehicles.
Further more, a Non Op vehicle is a car that will never hit public roads but the owner would still like it registered and insured.. i.e. a show car.
Same as the off road vehicle, the non op vehicle doesnt not fall under the same scrutiny during registration. Meaning you can legally tint the windows of a non op car being used for show purposes.

Reason this is relevant. I explained that a shop is not liable for installing illegal tint because a shop doesn't always know if the car is registered as a vehicle that can not have tint.. i.e. a road legal vehicle.
My point is that not all cars being brought to a shop are illegal with tint, and a shop isn't going to ask for your registration to provide proof that the car isnt being driven on the road.

If you truly dont believe me that a shop is not liable then call my shop.
http://www.windowtintinginvalenciaca.info/
Call: (661) 254-7557

They have posted signs that say the law in cali says no front tint. The reciept they hand you says the same. If you try to feign ignorance they'll just point to that and say "we informed the owner this could not be driven legally on public streets."
End of story there, no foul for the shop.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
I guess you mean this...

Off highway vehicles (OHV) subject to off–road registration.

...but I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion.If you want to continue to argue a non-point then go ahead and argue with yourself. The OP was foolish to go to a dealer to get a non-compliant vehicle inspected and an idiot to come here to complain.

I'm not playing this game any longer.
I haven't even responded to you. Shut your SO CALLED SELF RIGHTEOUS *SS UP! You're the kind of person who I assume walks on water and performs miracles, right? Oh, no let me guess, you're the douche who sits behind a keyboard all day and shows the world how high and mighty you are. Well, go ahead and pat your self on the back. You need me to send you an award or trophy??? Just give me your address. Your parents must be so proud!

Damn! It was a f***ing mistake, and I corrected it, and you're still talking s***. Get a life! And if you were "reading comprehension" level was past the 6th grade, you would understand I wasn't complaining about my mistake, because it's fixable. I was really upset at the dealer half-ass attempt to get me to pay him to put tint back on after cutting mine off.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
When I got my windows tinted at a Honda dealership, the guy who did it showed me his car with 5% tint and asked if I wanted 5% on mine too. I said no thanks but he sounded like they were willing to do it.