Convince me that a TSX is better than a G25x...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:06 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by sr20bet
This forum is for adults. No one is interested in convincing anyone. Read some car comparison reviews, take a test drive and make up your own mind what is right for you.....as it may no be right for others.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by KillerG
Awesome! I live in JC just a stones throw away. Do you know Big Fun Toys or the parking garage on 9th and Garden by any chance?
Killer, you would know all about BIG FUN TOYS...

And as for your car choice, I'd go for the Acura. If you were getting an Infiniti, you should be getting a G37 instead of settling for a G25...

Plus more gas mileage, and a unique look!! My Acura gets more stares than my cousin's Infiniti.

And at 16 year olds getting into bars...it's really not that hard...LOL
Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 PM
'That's what she said!'

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by ed_423
^ nah, just a guy with man tits
Ahhhh I see!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Originally Posted by ressling
I have a woman that I'm engaged to. She likes to drive stick, which I find hot.
Mine likes to drive stick too.

If you know what i mean
Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Op is too busy to care

Originally Posted by ed_423
^ nah, just a guy with man tits

Ed you just mad cause my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TSXKid2010

And at 16 year olds getting into bars...it's really not that hard...LOL

I thought we established she's (it's?) a girl...
Yo, the guy, you kill killa B?

I'm goin for more test drives on Sat, and considering my lease ends May 1st I should probably get something.

Last edited by Icculus; 04-13-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Op is too busy to care

Where you gonna check out the acura? Hit up montclair

also, im pretty sure im a dude, if it helps
Old 04-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
i dont like montclair. they tried to sell my dad a used tsx saying its brand new. hes like "im an immigrant, not an invalid! i can see the car!" if you want, i can give you the info of my guy at ramsey acura. gave me a 36month lease for 330 a month on a base 2010 I4 tsx a little over a year ago.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lmfao this thread is cracking me up! 45+ replies in less than 24hrs awesome. and whats a good thread w/o killerg, ed, tsxkid, etc going back and forth
anyway about the cars.
every time i see a 4 dr infiniti gXX anything it looks like grandpas car. kinda boring exterior too, as one above mentioned it kinda "blends into the background".
like MOST honda brands do, the tsx will age well and still look unique 3 years from now.
hell, i even see some mostly stock 92-95 civics that were well taken care of and only have mods like a little drop and nice rims and they blend in and even look more stylish than some brand new cars on the road today.
IMO go with the TSX, and go V6 if you can find one and if you can haggle the price down.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Op is too busy to care

Originally Posted by PyroDave
i dont like montclair. they tried to sell my dad a used tsx saying its brand new. hes like "im an immigrant, not an invalid! i can see the car!" if you want, i can give you the info of my guy at ramsey acura. gave me a 36month lease for 330 a month on a base 2010 I4 tsx a little over a year ago.

Hmm. I actually drove all the way up to bridgewater for my purchase, they gave me a killer price up there, but i go to montclair for service since its close. The service department there has treated me pretty well and they are rated really highly among all the acura dealers in jersey.

mildly amusing story ahead:

I hate when one jackass salesman ruins a dealer experience for you. I was helping my dad shop for a car and we were browswing and stopped by a Lexus dealer. The salesman was horrible. He didnt know the car at all, gave us bullshit stats that i knew were wrong from reading online, and was so pushy and was insisting we buy THAT day. Anyway, we were so put off that we left and decided to check out other stuff first. Fast forward a week and we are at a Benz dealer ready to check out cars and the same fucking asshole comes up to us and tries to sell us a benz . We were like...what? I walked up to the managers office and I was like get this fucking guy away from me. Apparently he got fired from Lexus a week ago and was working at benz temporarily haha

This has been, a mildly amusing story, with KillerG

And russel, my nig, +1 on everything. Infinitis are a dime a dozen as far as styling goes. Some might call the TSX ugly but it still does turn alotta heads
Old 04-13-2011, 10:39 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

LOL! Nice story Killer.

Let me just tell you this about my Acura.
Bitches love my Acura.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Op is too busy to care

Originally Posted by TSXKid2010

Killer, you would know all about BIG FUN TOYS...
Ironically, Kid, the only toy store in the city is next to an Adult Toy Store.

Easy back to back shopping for me, honestly
Old 04-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g25x = 4wd
tsx = better mpg + cooler
Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Instructor

Where you gonna check out the acura? Hit up montclair

also, im pretty sure im a dude, if it helps
So you're a dude that likes to pretend you're a girl? I'm confused... anyway, back to cars...

Yeah, I got my first TSX from DCH montclair and they're god, so I was gonna head back there. I guess it's worth calling some other places for a quote..
Old 04-13-2011, 11:15 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Ironically, Kid, the only toy store in the city is next to an Adult Toy Store.

Easy back to back shopping for me, honestly
:ROFL:
You would dude.

But yeah. They should add "PUSSY MAGNET" to the list of features on the Acura TSX.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Icculus
I'm in the market to lease a new car, and I've pretty much narrowed it down to a TSX and G25x. I originally wanted a GTI, but if you can believe it, it leases for way more than these two cars... Also, these are basically the only luxury cars within my price range.

I had an '05 TSX 6MT which I loved, I'm currently in an Si, and want to go back to something a bit nicer. I have to go automatic because of the fiance (i know - it sucks)... IMO these cars are basically complete equals, and the G25x is also AWD... So, convince me!

Don't give me cheap interior BS, because compared to what I'm coming from both interiors are very nice, plus the Infiniti people will say the opposite of what you say. And I don't want to hear reliability because I'm leasing, plus I hear Infiniti/nissan reliability is just as good as Honda/Acura. I don't want to spur arguments, just honest opinions...
Okay are you buying the fiance a car or you? If she has her own car then buy what you want to drive. See statements like these are why im single and laugh at stories like yours. You say Navi is too expensive so you're also gonna pass up the Best OEM system money can by(410watt ELS Dolby 5.1 surround vs. 360watt stereo system)? Maybe get a used 2nd gen with Tech Pkg.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
i love threads that are funny and not super off topic where the OP gets all pissed and walks out on us.

props to you op
Old 04-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Op is too busy to care

Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
See statements like these are why im single and laugh

*Laughter followed shortly by solo masturbation session*
Old 04-14-2011, 12:15 AM
'That's what she said!'

*Laughter followed shortly by solo masturbation session*

That's just great!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:54 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by renedcruz

That's just great!
Ill gladly do that than be married ha... at least my hand won't give me a pregnancy scare . Get the car YOU want. Why? because it's yours. You're driving it. At least you won't have to worry about her wrecking it. If you must, take her to a deserted road and teach her how to drive stick until she feels confident driving it. This is how you get you way I guess..ha ha ha. odds are she won't want to drive it unless you are in the car . Good luck bro with that. I'm glad I can by what I want and its mine and Noone else's to potentially take from me at a later date during a nasty divorce.

Damn I typed that good and fast on my HTC EVO 4G LOL.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Instructor

Okay are you buying the fiance a car or you? If she has her own car then buy what you want to drive. See statements like these are why im single and laugh at stories like yours. You say Navi is too expensive so you're also gonna pass up the Best OEM system money can by(410watt ELS Dolby 5.1 surround vs. 360watt stereo system)? Maybe get a used 2nd gen with Tech Pkg.
Leasing, which is why it doesn't REALLY matter what I get; I'll just have something else in 3 years. I've been trying to get her to learn for 5 years! Navi's are expensive! It's a crapload more money per month. I can step down to something like a Ford Focus (which are supposed to be good, just won a C/D comparo) or cheap Subaru, but I'd rather pass up the Navi and drive a nicer car.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
I didn't get the manual transmission because my dad said neither my mom nor sis could drive it. Fast forward a year and I'm planning to go to college in Philly and my sister needs the car to commute to NYU from jersey. She can't drive manual and really I woulda had more fun with manual, but it's not a HUGE deal. It's a lease with two years left on it. And they tried to screw me for tech which is why I got the base model. They said it would be an extra 80 or so a month. Basicly they divided the extra 3 grand for it by the lease term, and didn't subtract any residual. I said fuck you guys, I'll just buy a fucking tomtom. The base sound system is more than good enough.

And yea I heard Montclair is better but Ramsey gave the best price. I needed service done and I wanted to try out Montclair, but I needed a loaner and I'm 18 so they refused to give me one and the car was gonna be gone mon-wed and I have shit to do haha. Ramsey gave me an 08 TL. I was more than happy. And the service they provided was pretty good. The guy worked with me on the brake pad replacement(he was like it's 269 but I'll put it as 150 so you can be fully reimbursed. My front right rim was bent and the treAd was worn because of the alighnment and he called my tire warranty and got everything replaced himself and it was all covered. So I was by all means satisfied
Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Instructor

Really the two cards aren't comparable . The G25x is AWD and comes in at 36.8k, the TSX is not and costs 30.5k w/o tech.

6k for AWD is a lot. Plus the TSX just looks better. I guess if you are leasing you only care about payments so you should buy the TSX. Then again, what do you expect on an acura board.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Op is too busy to care

Originally Posted by PyroDave
=
And yea I heard Montclair is better but Ramsey gave the best price. I needed service done and I wanted to try out Montclair, but I needed a loaner and I'm 18 so they refused to give me one and the car was gonna be gone mon-wed and I have shit to do haha. Ramsey gave me an 08 TL. I was more than happy. And the service they provided was pretty good. The guy worked with me on the brake pad replacement(he was like it's 269 but I'll put it as 150 so you can be fully reimbursed. My front right rim was bent and the treAd was worn because of the alighnment and he called my tire warranty and got everything replaced himself and it was all covered. So I was by all means satisfied
I had a similar family situation with my car

And yeah, i love the service at montclair the few times ive been, but they are so popular that getting a loaner is near impossible unless you reserve one a while in ahead
Old 04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DJMcGee
Really the two cards aren't comparable . The G25x is AWD and comes in at 36.8k, the TSX is not and costs 30.5k w/o tech.

6k for AWD is a lot. Plus the TSX just looks better. I guess if you are leasing you only care about payments so you should buy the TSX. Then again, what do you expect on an acura board.
Well agian, when leasing they're very comparable. I was quoted only $20/month more for the Infiniti which I attribulte to AWD (before negotiating either deal). Otherwise, features, quality, performance, etc, are all very comparable.

The purchase price of a car says nothing about the lease price.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
i got my lease price down from $30,xxx to $26,xxx.

i negotiated it as if i was going to finance it first, then decided to lease it at the end.

otherwise i wouldve been leasing it at MSRP which would make the monthly payments higher
Old 04-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
I test drove the G25X ...and have had the TSX as a loaner twice..........that is a no brainer and not because this is ACURAZINE...............

The G25X is a waist of money...............if you are going for a G anything the least you could do is a base G37X.......no comparision .....

TSX over the G25X anyday......
Old 04-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The G25x and the TSX are both good cars and either is a good choice. I am more concerned about your girl-friend. If she does not learn to drive a stick before you wed, you won't own a stick until you have three cars (she will need to borrow ours from time to time).

Just a thought, choose either of the cars and ditch the girl. Or ditch the girl first and buy a stick now : )
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
one thing i like its pretty rare to even see a 2nd gen TSX on the streets. especially one thats modified.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TRIUMPHT
I test drove the G25X ...and have had the TSX as a loaner twice..........that is a no brainer and not because this is ACURAZINE...............

The G25X is a waist of money...............if you are going for a G anything the least you could do is a base G37X.......no comparision .....

TSX over the G25X anyday......
Please elaborate! You must have some sound reasoning behind this statement
Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
'That's what she said!'

Ill gladly do that than be married ha... at least my hand won't give me a pregnancy scare . Get the car YOU want. Why? because it's yours. You're driving it. At least you won't have to worry about her wrecking it. If you must, take her to a deserted road and teach her how to drive stick until she feels confident driving it. This is how you get you way I guess..ha ha ha. odds are she won't want to drive it unless you are in the car . Good luck bro with that. I'm glad I can by what I want and its mine and Noone else's to potentially take from me at a later date during a nasty divorce.

Damn I typed that good and fast on my HTC EVO 4G LOL.
You're attacking me for laughing when someone else made the joke?

You're a funny guy.

Last edited by renedcruz; 04-14-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Decided I'll be nice today.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Pro

Please elaborate! You must have some sound reasoning behind this statement
IMO................. the G37X HAS 330 HP costs what maybe 2500 dollars more than the G25X.....which has 218 horses ..........the TSX with a 4 cyl engine has 201 HP The G25X has 218HP AWD and a V6 which makes the car heavier than the TSX so the power isn't noticeable ....the TSX also is about what 5 grand less than the G25X.....................................

Now if your comparing the V6 model of the TSX it has 280 HP and starts at the same price as the G25X ....it's a washout ......in that case the G37X is the best value .....if you want to go infiniti.............
Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Pro

not to mention that the G either model feels tighter inside yet bulkier outside IMO the handling on the TSX was better than the G.......the only infiniti i drove that had better handling was the Gcoupe .....but go figure it's a coupe it's supposed to .........

but as most will say yo have to drive both , compare all ,know what you have to spend .....understand what you want .....and what you expect from the car ......and go from there .........
Old 04-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Op is too busy to care

Originally Posted by AcuraZealot
Just a thought, choose either of the cars and ditch the girl. Or ditch the girl first and buy a stick now : )
Dude, im with you. When im out at a bar I usually ask girls whether they drive manual or not and depending on the answer im like FUCK THAT BITCH

no manual transmission?

no penis for you.

admittedly, i have never had sex because of this
Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Killer, that's a good one.

I'm with that guy who said G37 or no go, like I mentioned earlier.
It's like you can get a baby infiniti, the G25X, or the Acura TSX. Like you might not feel like you're getting the whole deal on the G25X...you know?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TRIUMPHT
not to mention that the G either model feels tighter inside yet bulkier outside IMO the handling on the TSX was better than the G.......the only infiniti i drove that had better handling was the Gcoupe .....but go figure it's a coupe it's supposed to .........

but as most will say yo have to drive both , compare all ,know what you have to spend .....understand what you want .....and what you expect from the car ......and go from there .........
Yes, but it's all different when leasing... but you're right, I just have to go drive the cars and see which feels better. Like I said before, I'm just leasing, so it's a temporary thing. In the scheme of life it doesn't really matter which car I choose.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Pro

Yes, but it's all different when leasing... but you're right, I just have to go drive the cars and see which feels better. Like I said before, I'm just leasing, so it's a temporary thing. In the scheme of life it doesn't really matter which car I choose.
in the case of leasing i always say go with the best deal .....all i am saying is if you are comparing .......the G25X is really not worth it .......that's just my opinion......if i was going to lease and was able to get the G37X for a couple dollars more than the G25X i would go for the better car..........but if the difference in payment is tremendous i would say go for what you can afford........everybody gets different cars for different reasons..........i say get more for your money.......or atleast try to ........but they are both nice cars ......
Old 04-14-2011, 05:53 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Killer, that's a good one.

I'm with that guy who said G37 or no go, like I mentioned earlier.
It's like you can get a baby infiniti, the G25X, or the Acura TSX. Like you might not feel like you're getting the whole deal on the G25X...you know?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Op is too busy to care

Double post kid!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Op is too busy to care

Double post kid! filter bypass
Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by defconskylude
one thing i like its pretty rare to even see a 2nd gen TSX on the streets. especially one thats modified.
This must be a geographic thing. 2nd gens are not rare in Atlanta at all. I see at least 3-5 per week, double that on weekends.

Quick Reply: Convince me that a TSX is better than a G25x...