Cellphones: Pairing Sprint "Instinct"

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cellphones: Pairing Sprint "Instinct"

Something I couldn't find by searching is has anyone been able to pair a Sprint "Instinct" with their 09TSX? Don't want to go out and purchase one only to find out it doesn't work. I know it is early for both, the car and the phone but would like to know. Thanks everyone....
Old 08-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
(in case no one here with an 09 tsx has an instinct)

i believe sprint has a 31 day period where you will not experience termination fees if you want to cancel your contract and refund your phone (original box, materials, manuals, etc)
Old 08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Advanced

Thanks, I'm going to try to avoid returning it. Can't get my old plan back if I do that. Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EddieT
Thanks, I'm going to try to avoid returning it. Can't get my old plan back if I do that. Thanks again.
see if your local sprint corporate store has a live demo phone of the instinct

problem solved
Old 08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Advanced

That is the best way to find out. Won't be able til next week..but good idea. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
http://www.acura.com/models/handsfre..._index_new.asp
Old 08-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Advanced

I guess I should have said I checked out the link but they have not finished testing the phone yet. I was looking for someone that had just gone ahead and tried it. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Instructor

You could check the wonderful forum of SprintUsers.com to see if anyone had done it. It's a great forum for Sprint phone users and it's possible that someone there has the new TSX and Instinct? It could be worth a shot...

Good luck!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Advanced

I will give them a try. Thanks, great suggestion.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Advanced

Something I couldn't find by searching is has anyone been able to pair a Sprint "Instinct" with their 09TSX? Don't want to go out and purchase one only to find out it doesn't work. I know it is early for both, the car and the phone but would like to know. Thanks everyone....
Hey Eddie....I have the Instinct and it linked fine no problem. No problem with liking it anyway......I originally imported my phone book to my TSX but I had way to many contacts in the phone book both business and personal so I deleted the phone book until I cleaned up my phone book. I checked the other day and the "Celluler PhoneBook" is now grayed out on my TSX setup screen. I know the two aren't related but my Traffic/Weather expired on July 28th and I'm wondering if that for some unknown reason caused a problem with the cellelar phonebook. I haven't had a chance to call the Hands Free Link phone number as of yet, 888-528-7876 to see if they could help with the problem. Like I said initially I uploaded my cellular phonebook but later deleted it and it was not grayed out but I just noticed that it is now. I checked for any Sprint software updates and found one and updated my phone to "BF30" last night but that didn't do any good.

Other than not being able to upload my phonebook the phone works great and everyone says it is crystal clear. My previous phone was the Trea 700wx.

If anyone else has the Instinct please let me know if you have any problems with uploading the cellular phonebook.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Advanced

Hey Catman...I really do want that phone, just wanted to make sure it worked with our cars. The only negative I hear about the phone is the sound quality. I've never had great sound quality with my Sprint phones, so that may not be an issue. The phonebook isn't too much of a requirement either. Just want it to pair with the handsfree. Won't pick it up until next week so if you learn anything else..please let me/us know. Thanks very much.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:28 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Yes my Samsung Instinct work just fine with my TSX. Bluetooth audio work well too.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
Yes my Samsung Instinct work just fine with my TSX. Bluetooth audio work well too.
CybrRdr are you able to upload your phonebook?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:56 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Catman
CybrRdr are you able to upload your phonebook?
Sorry, I don't have the Tech package. I have to manual enter the numbers to the car's phonebook. But w/the tech pack, I don't see why you couldn't if all the other features works fine. Blue Tooth Audio, Phone signal & Battery strength meter, sending and receiving calls.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Advanced

You're right, it does work. In case anyone else wants get one, it looks like it is competely compatible. I am very happy. If I didn't mention earlier, I have the Nav package.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
For others considering phone X for their TSX ... why not go to the store, and ask them to test out that phone with your car, before you buy it and switch plans. It's not asking too much IMHO. You can pair more than one phone with my 1GEN.

BTW, nice color Eddie.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by davidspalding
For others considering phone X for their TSX ... why not go to the store, and ask them to test out that phone with your car, before you buy it and switch plans. It's not asking too much IMHO. You can pair more than one phone with my 1GEN.

BTW, nice color Eddie.
For the TSX there really isn't a bad color but....I don't ever recall having a car that was kinda silver. I truly am happy with this color. I've been thru several Acuras but I believe I'm enjoying the 09 TSX the most. Had an 05Tl and 07RDX. Getting off subject, sorry.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Advanced

You're right, it does work. In case anyone else wants get one, it looks like it is competely compatible. I am very happy. If I didn't mention earlier, I have the Nav package.
Eddie are you able to upload your address book? And can you dial from the Zagat restaurant guide? Like I said in a previous link I was able to upload my phone book and selct and dial numbers via my car. However now my "Cellular phonebook" is grayed out and I can't just dial a number from Zagat from the screen? I used to be able to do it but now I can't do that it is grayed out, but I don't know if it is a phone problem or an Instinct problem.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Advanced

Catman, have not had much time to play with it. The guy at the Sprint store loaded my contacts from the old phone. They all seem to work. Have not tried Zagat yet either. So not much help...yet. Did have a scare today, while driving decided to make a call and the HFL said she couldn't find any phones. So it wouldn't work and I was getting a little mad. Figured I would work on it tomorrow when all of a sudden I have an incoming call. From then on it worked. Do you think it was because I did not have service at that moment?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
The HFL is a Bluetooth feature, so the lack of cell service shouldn't make a diff'. I could be wrong.

From time to time my phone becomes unpaired. Don't know why. Just the other day, my phone prompted me for the pairing passcode, and I just canceled. Oops. Pairing deleted from phone, so I had to delete the phone from the HFL, then re-pair. Second or third time I've had this glitch. The phone is not fully supported so I don't get the service bars, battery strength and all that neat-o stuff.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Advanced

Eddie....What I meant about your cellular phonebook is you can upload your phone's phonebook to the TSX....if you hit the info button on the dash there is a selection in the upper right hand corner that says cellular phonebook. You should be able to select that button and up load your phones phonebook to the car. Initially I could do it no problem, not it is grayed out and I can't do it, that is where the problem is.

I've also been experiencing the same problem that you have described and that makes me think even more that it is the TSX's bluetooth and not the phone. This just started for me within the last couple of weeks. I would turn the phones bluetooth on and the phone would show the bluetooth symbal with the headphones meaning that you are connected and the bluetooth symbol is on in the TSX dash. When you try to make a call the cars info center in the dash would say "main menu" but would not show the signal bars nor the battery strength of the phone, and if you try to make a call you would get the message no phones have been found, even though everything is indicating that you are connected. It didn't used to be like that, but it seems to be intermittent. Let me know what else you find out. I'd be happy to discuss this further with you on the phone if you like?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Intermediate

Paired my LG Dare from Verizon the other day. Works great.