Alu Sports Pedals on Ebay - Cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Alu Sports Pedals on Ebay - Cheap!

Dont know the seller and quality, but a great price. A member of our german Forum ordered one today.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sport-Fuel-B...item3cbfccef8a
Old 01-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
That is a pretty good price indeed. A few things worry me though. 1.) It's made in CHINA, and 2.) It says 2004-2012 TSX. If I remember correctly from another thread where a member bought 1G TSX sport pedals, he had to do some cutting of the pedals to get them to fit correctly on ours. So either these will need some pedal cutting for the 2G TSX, or they fit the 2G and are just a little over sized for the 1G.

It's really tempting, but I feel like I will be slightly disappointed if I end up doing it. At least thats the trend for me when something is priced too good to be true.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 139 Likes on 109 Posts
No manual
Old 01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
you're probably getting what you pay for with that one.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Sweet! Hardwares are included!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
hey hondo let us know how it goes with your german friend who ordered it
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Pro

I will post of course if he is satsisfied or not
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
any updates on this? =]
Old 04-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Being the cheap me, I ordered some of these this month and got them last week. They look fine and the fit is the same as 2010 TSX. If not, they are a couple "hairs" wider (not noticeable). They go straight on, so the pedals become a little thicker. The quality is good for the price. Everything is cut symmetrical and smoothly.

It's basically a piece of aluminum cut with all the circles, and then there is a silicone/ rubber pre-cut piece that fits exactly into those holes, nothing holding them.

I haven't installed them yet because I'm on campus, but I'm going home this weekend so I'll post more pics. Shipping took 1-2weeks to USA. They are exactly as pictured in the listing.

Last edited by blutsx; 04-26-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Add IMG
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

in for result.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would love to see the final result. i ordered these pedals as well
Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I purchased those not to long ago and I'm pretty satisfied with how they turn out! See my thread post#76
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=846410&page=2
Old 04-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Advanced

Just got finished with them, took <30min.

Here's what I mean about the silicone/ rubber and aluminum.

In total the pedals are about 3 pennies thick.

The individual bumps are about 1 1/2 pennies thick.

The finished product.

One flaw, on my install the bottom of the pedal did not fit flush. IMO: not noticeable in daily use.

Overall, the pedals are nice and are good quality for the price. The pedals fit the 2010 TSX perfectly. The bolts that came with the pedal however were a little hard to use. They felt like they were too small. You might want to get some from the hardware store, instead of the originals. The screws were fine and came with 1 extra. The install was easy, screw right on to the old pedals, and brake pedal already had 4 pre-drilled holes.

Last edited by blutsx; 04-27-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: edit photo
The following users liked this post:
MC MiYoung3269 (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 07:45 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
NICE!!! I want some for manual that way people don't make fun of me for being poor
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
NICE!!! I want some for manual that way people don't make fun of me for being poor
Lmfao!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

hey blutsx, does the pedal wiggle around? i see the bottom of the acceleration doesn't fit quite right. im afraid of it getting in the way of driving
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ed_423
hey blutsx, does the pedal wiggle around? i see the bottom of the acceleration doesn't fit quite right. im afraid of it getting in the way of driving
Nope, it is on real snug. [Looking at the pic] I think that the factory pedal has a curve near the bottom, and because the aftermarket pedal is a flat piece of aluminum, it does not curve at the bottom with the factory accelerator. But yeah, the three included screws hold it in place real tight. There is not wiggling whatsoever.
ed_423 (04-29-2012)
Old 04-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
so you drill through the pedals and bolt these onto it?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Off-topic but have you considered a leather conditioner for the cracked seat leather?

Some of them work wonders for cracks like that
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jeroplex
so you drill through the pedals and bolt these onto it?
I probably should have, but no. I just took the included screws and screwed it right onto the old pedal. I only bolted the brake pedal.

Originally Posted by I CU2
Off-topic but have you considered a leather conditioner for the cracked seat leather?

Some of them work wonders for cracks like that
Haha, I knew someone would dislike my seat. I've been too lazy to fix it. I guess I could use a conditioner, how well/ long does it hide the cracks. I began having bad wear on the seats since like 6mo. / 5k

Last edited by blutsx; 04-29-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blutsx
I probably should have, but no. I just took the included screws and screwed it right onto the old pedal. I only bolted the brake pedal.
so you just used like self tapping screws into the rubber of the pedals?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:47 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

thanks blu! very helpful info, this is def. gonna be on my mod list

and yeah those seats are crack as hell, i just didn't wanna point it out LOl.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:29 AM
Pro

Good to hear, you are all satisfied with the Pedals. I posted the Link and thought I get quality report from my german Forum member, but he never was on our forum again !LOL
On my TypeS I had already Alu Sportspedals and they dont look better than this.
Cant you curve the Alu for the Gas Pedal a little to make a better fit? But its not necessary if it´s bolted on, only foor the looks!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by HondoGermany
Good to hear, you are all satisfied with the Pedals. I posted the Link and thought I get quality report from my german Forum member, but he never was on our forum again !LOL
On my TypeS I had already Alu Sportspedals and they dont look better than this.
Cant you curve the Alu for the Gas Pedal a little to make a better fit? But its not necessary if it´s bolted on, only foor the looks!
That fit is actually quite important as the gap may allow something to get trapped there - causing unintended acceleration.

In addition, the oversized pedal covers and that gap may cause you insurance woes if you're involved in an accident.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:05 AM
ROTAREDOM

Yeah an ant may decided to crawl under that 2mm gap make a home, take steroids, decide his home is to small, try forceably push his way through causing you to accelerate and hit a grandma who ends up making you pay thousands for the rest of your life cause she never smoke or drank so she didn't get cancer and lived to 105 and this is why you could never afford to have kids which is why your gf left you, but let you keep the cat that is your only friend in life right now because you didn't listen to ceb about pedal gap.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Advanced

so you just used like self tapping screws into the rubber of the pedals?
Yes, for the dead pedal and accelerator. But for the brake you need to remove the rubber.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:16 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Yeah an ant may decided to crawl under that 2mm gap make a home, take steroids, decide his home is to small, try forceably push his way through causing you to accelerate and hit a grandma who ends up making you pay thousands for the rest of your life cause she never smoke or drank so she didn't get cancer and lived to 105 and this is why you could never afford to have kids which is why your gf left you, but let you keep the cat that is your only friend in life right now because you didn't listen to ceb about pedal gap.
I'm sure you were trying to be funny but you failed miserably.

You are clearly unaware about accident reconstruction and insurance law. In addition, you appear to have been living under a rock during the Lexus unintended acceleration issues caused by something - possibly the corner of an incorrect floormat - getting caught under the gas pedal.

Let's look at a "Murphy's law" possibilities:

• Shoelace getting caught
  • Drop the lid of the McDonald's coffee cup and it lips upside down under the "tiny" gap. In your attempt to get it out while driving, you hit the oversized brake pedal, crash into a tanker trailer and go up in a ball of flame.
  • Etc Etc
The bottom line is not to avoid all mods but to carefully think about what you are doing, what can go wrong and if there is an alternative.

You get what you pay for and in this case it appears that you get a generic aluminum pedal that wasn't designed or tested for the car. Manufacturers spend billions designing every part of the car and there is a reason why that portion of the pedal is curved. Flat would have been cheaper so why did Honda build it curved?

In addition, the rubber "bumps" see a bit tall and are probably too "squishy" to provide proper control.

There is a reason that the SE pedal set costs more. I assume the bumps are rounded, much lower and don't impede the way your shoe fits on the pedal. The SE pedals are also the proper size and maintain the legally required clearance between brake and gas pedals- all of which could conspire to have your foot slip off the brake pedal and onto the gas pedal.

Is the price difference worth it? You decide, but don't just make light of the gap or those huge rubber bumps without considering the possible consequences.

If they sold the dead pedal one separately, then I might just get one because the stock dead pedal is just plain ugly.

Anybody have a good source for the SE pedals?
Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Burning Brakes

not sure if this helps ceb
http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/f...SE/KA5AT/PEDAL
Old 04-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb

You are clearly unaware about accident reconstruction and insurance law. In addition, you appear to have been living under a rock during the Lexus unintended acceleration issues caused by something - possibly the corner of an incorrect floormat - getting caught under the gas pedal.

• Drop the lid of the McDonald's coffee cup and it lips upside down under the "tiny" gap. In your attempt to get it out while driving, you hit the oversized brake pedal, crash into a tanker trailer and go up in a ball of flame.
  • Etc Etc
The bottom line is not to avoid all mods but to carefully think about what you are doing, what can go wrong and if there is an alternative.

You get what you pay for and in this case it appears that you get a generic aluminum pedal that wasn't designed or tested for the car. Manufacturers spend billions designing every part of the car and there is a reason why that portion of the pedal is curved. Flat would have been cheaper so why did Honda build it curved?

In addition, the rubber "bumps" see a bit tall and are probably too "squishy" to provide proper control.

There is a reason that the SE pedal set costs more. I assume the bumps are rounded, much lower and don't impede the way your shoe fits on the pedal. The SE pedals are also the proper size and maintain the legally required clearance between brake and gas pedals- all of which could conspire to have your foot slip off the brake pedal and onto the gas pedal.

Is the price difference worth it? You decide, but don't just make light of the gap or those huge rubber bumps without considering the possible consequences.

If they sold the dead pedal one separately, then I might just get one because the stock dead pedal is just plain ugly.

my foot can't slip off the pedal onto the other one. since i wanted a clutch so bad, but my dad made me get an auto so my sister could borrow it, i use my left foot for the brake and my right foot for the gas
Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

It does - thanks. It is interesting to note that the pedal is a full assembly and that there is a part #3 that is intended to keep stuff from catching on the pedal.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:23 AM
ROTAREDOM

Originally Posted by ceb

• Etc Etc

You didn't laugh?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Pro

hahaha, cant stop laughing.LOL
ssjoeboe9 (04-29-2012)
Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

You didn't laugh?
You've watched one too many DirecTV ads

Actually it was funny. I just wanted to make sure that people took the possible consequences seriously.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:44 PM
ROTAREDOM

Originally Posted by ceb
You've watched one too many DirecTV ads

Actually it was funny. I just wanted to make sure that people took the possible consequences seriously.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does anyone want to buy mine? I just bought a set and realized this may be tougher to install than I thought lol.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
fail no manual opt for SE pedals
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Intermediate

Could be an option
http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalo...oducts_id=2049
Old 05-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by larryt1026
does anyone want to buy mine? I just bought a set and realized this may be tougher to install than I thought lol.
PM'd
Old 04-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Intermediate

hey blutsx, I've been thinking about getting those pedals for my 09 tsx. I had a few questions. For the brake pedal, when u took the rubber off it already had 4 holes? so you didn't have to drill for it at all?

For the dead and gas pedal, you didn't take anything off? and just used a power drill and drilled into them?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:45 PM
ROTAREDOM

Man, I'm hilarious!

Even younger me was funny!

Quick Reply: Alu Sports Pedals on Ebay - Cheap!