2G TSX Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:26 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
2G TSX Mileage

I've been driving an '09 TSX loaner for a couple weeks now, and I must say the mpg increase over my 3G TL Type-S is pleasing. The low fuel light didn't even come on until I had driven 382 miles. I averaged 23.89 mpg on this tank, btw, with a mix of city and highway driving. On my TL, I would usually get the light to come at about 280 miles, which is a whole 100 miles sooner than the TSX. I wish my TL had this mileage.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I get 400+ miles every tank. I do 85-90% highway driving though.

I got 512 out of one tank, but that was literally 100% highway driving.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Today i smoked 08 G35 by smart driving techniques. 100hp extra didnot help him in real driving conditions. I put the car in sport mode all the way and through rapid zig zag moments in various lanes . I looked at the traffic as far as eye can see and plan my moments in various lanes. In Sport mode @5000rpm. car was travelling at 120mph that was maximum that i could achieve in traffic. 22 mpg was fuel economic in 40minute sport mode high speed driving. Car is amazing stable with low wind noise.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
I just turned the 2G back into the dealer... even during this weather I managed 28-29mpg in mixed driving....
Old 01-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Today i smoked 08 G35 by smart driving techniques. 100hp extra didnot help him in real driving conditions. I put the car in sport mode all the way and through rapid zig zag moments in various lanes . I looked at the traffic as far as eye can see and plan my moments in various lanes. In Sport mode @5000rpm. car was travelling at 120mph that was maximum that i could achieve in traffic. 22 mpg was fuel economic in 40minute sport mode high speed driving. Car is amazing stable with low wind noise.
120mph in traffic? That's smart.

And if you really did beat a G35, he wasn't really trying. I used to own an 06 G35 and while I love my TSX more than that car, that car was much faster.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DerwoodEE
120mph in traffic? That's smart.
traffifc was moving at 65 to 85 mph in various lanes but i managed insert my TSX in various lanes pretty fast in and out. so i timed my acceleration well so i dont stuck in one lane and put brakes. so speed was very consistent. You have to watch all 4 lanes where possible future spaces becomes emptied. You have to drive exceedinglyl fast so cars dont bump into for rear when you cut across them suddenly.

And if you really did beat a G35, he wasn't really trying. I used to own an 06 G35 and while I love my TSX more than that car, that car was much faster.
Actually he was too fast for his own good. He has too put brakes at various lanes.Too rapid speed buildup is not good as it does not allow to move from spaces as u will bump into rear of car in next lane.
and most part he stayed in left two lanes. His zig zag moment was much less than me. May be has less confidence in handling.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you're an even bigger idiot for weaving

i hear there taking audtions for the next fast and the furious
Old 01-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Burning Brakes

traffifc was moving at 65 to 85 mph in various lanes but i managed insert my TSX in various lanes pretty fast in and out. so i timed my acceleration well so i dont stuck in one lane and put brakes. so speed was very consistent. You have to watch all 4 lanes where possible future spaces becomes emptied. You have to drive exceedinglyl fast so cars dont bump into for rear when you cut across them suddenly.

Actually he was too fast for his own good. He has too put brakes at various lanes.Too rapid speed buildup is not good as it does not allow to move from spaces as u will bump into rear of car in next lane.
and most part he stayed in left two lanes. His zig zag moment was much less than me. May be has less confidence in handling.
I really hope that I don't live anywhere near you.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Safety Car

I really hope that I don't live anywhere near you.
I brought this to show that you dont need V6 engine to beat the traffic. Thats what Sport mode is given for.
I didnot even use paddle shifters. So i was never in red line.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Banned

But that was with Turbo Boost right?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by wackura
But that was with Turbo Boost right?
thats beside the point. Unless freeway speed limits are lifte like Autobahn. There is little point in increasing engine capacity of cars.
Sport mode/paddle shifters are given for such situation. i didnot even need more than 5K rpm for the end result.
Theoretically there is 5 second difference between 0-100mph of G35 auto and TSX auto but it does not matter if u stay in 100 to 120mph band. The key is to maintain consistent speed and avoid hard braking it lose all energy. And we were not in straight streches like I-5 but curves and mountaneus up and downs where lack of torque of TSX was in disadvantage.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Intermediate

I lived in Europe for several years and the reason a country like Germany can have an autobahn that has (in some places) no speed limit is because they don't have idiots weaving in and out of traffic at 40 mph faster than the prevailing speed.

Driving 120 mph in traffic is silly and unworthy of a TSX owner.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by princelybug
I've been driving an '09 TSX loaner for a couple weeks now, and I must say the mpg increase over my 3G TL Type-S is pleasing. The low fuel light didn't even come on until I had driven 382 miles. I averaged 23.89 mpg on this tank, btw, with a mix of city and highway driving. On my TL, I would usually get the light to come at about 280 miles, which is a whole 100 miles sooner than the TSX. I wish my TL had this mileage.

Whats wrong with your type s?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 01-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
Sport /paddle mode are there more for marketing purposes in the TSX.... although, if used correctly can yield good results.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Yet another idiot who thinks what he's doing is ok
Old 01-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Yet another idiot who thinks what he's doing is ok
I never said it is ok. I just share what TSX can do in real driving condition. When your in traffic. no one thinks about paddle shifters. Just concentrate on road and there is no need to go to red line as that much space is not there.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
there are even retarded 2nd gen drivers!

What would happen to your forward "energy" when that energy just slammed into the back of another car? I would imagine that your body would continue forward at 120mph while your car suddenly dropped to zero mph in a split second and your insides would surely rupture against your ribs causing an almost instantaneous death.

I never knew paddle shifters could be used to induce instant death? Amazing, yet your logic perplexes me a bit.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I never said it is ok. I just share what TSX can do in real driving condition. When your in traffic. no one thinks about paddle shifters. Just concentrate on road and there is no need to go to red line as that much space is not there.
Nearly EVERY modern car can do 120 mph.

I had a 98 hp Honda Accord that could do it.

Doesn't mean you SHOULD do it, especially in traffic.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Banned

Who the fuck cares what kind of gas mileage you get doing something extremely illegal and retarded?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Nearly EVERY modern car can do 120 mph.

I had a 98 hp Honda Accord that could do it.

Doesn't mean you SHOULD do it, especially in traffic.
The whole traffic flow was illegal as every one was above 70mph. I had hard time overtaking a Prius as it was going atleast 90mph.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Burning Brakes

The whole traffic flow was illegal as every one was above 70mph. I had hard time overtaking a Prius as it was going atleast 90mph.
I honestly don't know if you're more of a moron for what you did, or because of the fact that you still can't admit what you did was wrong.

You're seriously lucky I don't know you personally because I would punch you in the fucking throat for putting mine, my wife's, my son's, and every other innocent civillian's life at risk with your stupidity.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You're seriously lucky I don't know you personally because I would punch you in the fucking throat for putting mine, my wife's, my son's, and every other innocent civillian's life at risk with your stupidity.
times one billion.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Safety Car

I honestly don't know if you're more of a moron for what you did, or because of the fact that you still can't admit what you did was wrong.

It is far dangerous to travel in Prius at 90mph than TSX at 100mph. And there were alot of old cars travelling atleast 80mph. They didnot had brakes and handling for sudden stops and maneoverrs. These people are far more dangerous than TSX.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You thinking you can handle driving 120 in traffic is the dangerous part of this equation. The fact that you are now rationalizing your idiotic behavior indicates you fully believe in your severely misplaced infallibility. When you do repeat the moronic behavior (since you're too god damn stupid to comprehend how dangerous this is and we know you'll repeat it), my only hope is the ensuing spectacular failure involves no one but yourself.

As secondary hope, video of the event would be nice so the rest of us can gloat in our smug indifference about how much smarter we are/were than you.

Seriously though, I hope your license gets taken away before you eradicate some poor bastards family.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
You thinking you can handle driving 120 in traffic is the dangerous part of this equation. The fact that you are now rationalizing your idiotic behavior indicates you fully believe in your severely misplaced infallibility. When you do repeat the moronic behavior (since you're too god damn stupid to comprehend how dangerous this is and we know you'll repeat it), my only hope is the ensuing spectacular failure involves no one but yourself.

As secondary hope, video of the event would be nice so the rest of us can gloat in our smug indifference about how much smarter we are/were than you.

Seriously though, I hope your license gets taken away before you eradicate some poor bastards family.
Where i said it is ok. I already said the whole traffic flow was illegal. And there were alot of old cars in Flow. No one has checked there brakes and tires age and pressure if they are properly maintained. R rated tire can burst at that speed than ZR rated. These people were doing far dangerous to me than i was to them. Dont blame when u dont have all the facts.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Where i said it is ok. I already said the whole traffic flow was illegal. And there were alot of old cars in Flow. No one has checked there brakes and tires age and pressure if they are properly maintained. R rated tire can burst at that speed than ZR rated. These people were doing far dangerous to me than i was to them. Dont blame when u dont have all the facts.
Were you able to see the thickness of the brake pads of the cars you were passing going 40mph+ faster than them to know this? Were you able to freeze flash time and zoom in with your eyes to see what kind of tire they were using and how much tread was left? How the hell do you know how well other people's cars are maintained?

Not to mention, all cars driving uniformly at 65-80 mph as you have stated is far different than some punk ass moron weaving in and out of lanes at 120mph. If you got pulled over, what do you think a cop would say to you if you said to him "but officer, the other cars on the road are much older than my new TSX and are far more dangerous than me doing 120mph because they haven't checked their brakes or tire pressure."

It literally blows my mind that you can't see how idiotic you are for doing this. I hope you get ridiculed to no end on this site from here on until you eventually leave for good.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
^^exactly.

1. the assumption that other drivers weren't perfect does not absolve him of his own ACT. He went 120 mph. In fact, if he can assume others weren't prepped to go 70 mph, I can assume they were perfectly ready to do that speed and their cars were in perfect condition for 70 mph.

2. He did not say it was "okay." However, "okay" is implicit in performing the very act of going 120 mph.

Jesus, the very energies and force in a collision between a car going 70 mph and one going 120 would make any accident spectacular and life ending or altering.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
^^exactly.

1. the assumption that other drivers weren't perfect does not absolve him of his own ACT. He went 120 mph. In fact, if he can assume others weren't prepped to go 70 mph, I can assume they were perfectly ready to do that speed and their cars were in perfect condition for 70 mph.

2. He did not say it was "okay." However, "okay" is implicit in performing the very act of going 120 mph.

Jesus, the very energies and force in a collision between a car going 70 mph and one going 120 would make any accident spectacular and life ending or altering.
There was no 70mph in that traffic. left lane was atleast 90mph as Prius was doing that speed.
U can see that person was only 65mph but under DUI so she went into the pool. Speed is not the only reason for accidents. 4 talking in car driving at 80mph are more dangerous than alone person at 100mph. It is the lack of concentration and lack of ability of car that cause accidents.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=76182
Car Drives Off Freeway into Swimming Pool
Old 01-12-2009, 12:43 PM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
SSFTSX, you're in the wrong place and don't stand a chance in hell of getting anyone to side with you as you try to explain this away. We've all heard of street racing tragedies, this one in central florida during the Christmas holiday was one of the most gut-wrenching examples I can remember.

http://www.evostreetracers.com/legislation114.html

In short, a young man was racing and ran into a car that his *Mother* was a passenger in. She was killed at the scene.

Even if you're the best driver in the world, you can't trust the person you're engaging. A very good friend Chris Allen was killed September 2000 in Altamonte Springs, FL when a car he was street racing with lost control, hit him and knocked him into the path of a Navigator at the cross street. Police said he looked like a "6 foot man in a Pepsi can." He was engaged to be married to a beautiful young lady and had a great job waiting for him at Siemens / Westinghouse following his graduation which would have been the following spring.

Anyway, enough preaching...we'd all rather *not* read about your latest (as opposed to most recent) street racing story. More often than not the racers walk away and the innocents die or are maimed for life.

Take it to the track.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Safety Car

There was no 70mph in that traffic. left lane was atleast 90mph as Prius was doing that speed.
U can see that person was only 65mph but under DUI so she went into the pool. Speed is not the only reason for accidents. 4 talking in car driving at 80mph are more dangerous than alone person at 100mph. It is the lack of concentration and lack of ability of car that cause accidents.
It doesn't matter. You were doing 120. That's all that matters.

Last edited by CarbonGray Earl; 01-12-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Burning Brakes

I seriosuly think you might be the dumbest person I have ever heard in my life. I was beginning to think this many posts ago, but you just keep piling it on.

Keep it coming, because I had no idea bullshit could be piled so high.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Safety Car

^^ add to that, he's pushing this in a fuel economy thread. Fuel economy as 120 mph, LOL.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm beginning to think SSFTSX is really Nick Bollea (Hulk Hogan's son).

Old 01-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Banned

SSFTSX is a pathological liar. He never drove that fast and once he was called out he made up another lie about how lots of other cars including a Prius were driving 90+ mph. That just doesn't happen. You can't drive 120mph in any amount of traffic. It's even more unlikely there happened to be someone else at the same place and the same time who was willing to race him, uinlikely that they would lose with a much more powerful car, bla bla bla. Liar liar liar. SSFTSX is more full of shit than an outhouse at a Texas chili contest.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Wow! Let keep the racing where it belongs... at the race track!!!

There is too much at risk by driving in that manner on public roads. Anyone who goes 50+ miles over the speed limit, while weaving through traffic is very lucky to not have killed someone let alone oneself.

Think about it... an accident (single car or multiple) @ those speeds would be most likely be fatal no matter what you are driving. These are street cars not race cars with safety cages and HANS devices. And because other people are driving recklessly doesn't mean you should too. Monkey see monkey do? I don't think so...
Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All aside no way in hell a 2g TSX is keeping up with a 08 G35, not sure how he knew it was a 08 because the exterior is EXACTLY the same as 07 but anyway, chances are high, if this race even took place, that the G was never really racing. Of course if a car doing the speed limit is in front of him and he doesn't want to weave in and out of traffic he is going to lose some pointless race.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Racer

looks like SSFTSX opened up a can of worms with his first post in this thread!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by iTimmy
All aside no way in hell a 2g TSX is keeping up with a 08 G35, not sure how he knew it was a 08 because the exterior is EXACTLY the same as 07 but anyway, chances are high, if this race even took place, that the G was never really racing. Of course if a car doing the speed limit is in front of him and he doesn't want to weave in and out of traffic he is going to lose some pointless race.
It all happened in his imagination like an awesome chase scene in an action movie. All the unreal feats were were special effects and CG.

Quick Reply: 2G TSX Mileage