'12 TSX Wagon prices?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:51 PM
m13
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 TSX Wagon prices?

Drove the Sport Wagon earlier tonight, and this is going to be our next car. Planning on pulling the trigger next weekend when dealer is due to get a couple more vehicles in stock. For those of you who have purchased, what was your pre-TTL number? I'm trying to figure out how much room I have with the dealer before I start the negotiating process. Thanks in advance, and looking forward to being a part of the community once I pick up our new Sport Wagon.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m13
Drove the Sport Wagon earlier tonight, and this is going to be our next car. Planning on pulling the trigger next weekend when dealer is due to get a couple more vehicles in stock. For those of you who have purchased, what was your pre-TTL number? I'm trying to figure out how much room I have with the dealer before I start the negotiating process. Thanks in advance, and looking forward to being a part of the community once I pick up our new Sport Wagon.
PM'd you as well but $29,000 even for an '11 Sportwagon. '12 I'm guessing will be a bit more. Are there still some of those left?
Old 11-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Welcome! I have a 2011 wagon with the tech package, feel free to ask me any questions you have.

They're tough to get, so don't expect too much of a discount from MSRP. Someone else will gladly pay it if you don't. Some here have gotten some great deals though, it doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:46 AM
8th Gear

If you're a Costco member, consider their auto buying program. We got our Wagon at the pre-negotiated price (invoice + ~$200) and didn't have to bother with the back and forth at the dealer. Of course, the catch is finding a participating dealer with stock. Hopefully your dealer is in this group.

As Ken said, there's likely someone willing to pay list if you aren't.

Good luck!
Old 11-27-2011, 05:50 PM
m13
Intermediate

If they're not discounting them much, should I expect them to bargain more with accessories? Speaking of, are there any that people consider worthwhile?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Senior Moderator

The trunk tray and all-season mats are a must have.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
The trunk tray and all-season mats are a must have.
I don't yet have one, but I know that in the MDX the trunk tray can be a pain if things slide around on it. Does anybody use the cargo liner instead?

I'm in the middle of dealing with a couple of dealers right now and can hopefully let you know soon. BTW, where are you and what are you looking for? If you haven't checked yet, you can go to acura.com TSX wagon page and click "search inventory" to find out what dealers in your state and surrounding states have.

I'm going through the frustrating situation that dealers want a sale this week even if they have to spend hundreds in transportation to do a dealer trade instead of just ordering what I want on the next allocation or doing an in-order trade to get it sooner. I just want the car I want at the price I'm comfortable with.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a '11 tech and paid msrp.. no room for negotiating, either you want it or you don't. Our sales person through in the cargo liner, cargo tray, all weather mats and a couple other things I can't remember...

The liner we put in under the tray because we have dogs. If we didnt have the dogs the tray would be enough.

Tried to get the roof racks thrown in but I think that was too much for him to just throw in.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:33 AM
m13
Intermediate

I am located in the suburbs of Chicago and am looking for a black/black non-tech. Truecar shows I should be able to get about $1600 off MSRP.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Advanced

im pretty sure you can easily negotiate a wagon. not many people want a luxury wagon to begin with, and if they do, it would be either awd (audi, bmw x-drive, mb 4matic).
Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Racer

It will definitely take some negotiating, but getting to that number ($500 over invoice) is at least possible. To get there, you should look around to find a dealer that has it on their lot. A dealer trade will make them less likely to make the deal as they will incur costs. Now is the time to meet end of year sales numbers, so some (most?) dealers will get more eager to make a deal in December.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:19 PM
m13
Intermediate

Got a quote for $29,206 + TTL which seems like a great deal considering TrueCar lists the dealer cost @ $29,306. I have a follow up into that dealer to see what TTL fees they charge.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:53 PM
m13
Intermediate

Need to edit my prior post; that $29,206 did not include the $885 destination so price would be $30,091 plus title/tax; still, almost $2K off sticker.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Racer

$150 over invoice? I'd go jump on that deal.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by m13
Need to edit my prior post; that $29,206 did not include the $885 destination so price would be $30,091 plus title/tax; still, almost $2K off sticker.
So is McGrath of Westmont taking care of you? They definitely have the largest inventory and probably best pricing.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by crxgator
im pretty sure you can easily negotiate a wagon. not many people want a luxury wagon to begin with, and if they do, it would be either awd (audi, bmw x-drive, mb 4matic).
The German vehicles you mention are several thousands if not tens of thousands more in price. And not everyone needs or wants AWD.

I can get over 34 mpg on long highway trips without trying... try doing that with any of those cars.

So yeah, the dealers have no problem finding wagon buyers for their rather limited stock. In other words, don't be surprised if they stick to their guns regarding price.

Last edited by Ken1997TL; 11-28-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
The German vehicles you mention are several thousands if not tens of thousands more in price. And not everyone needs or wants AWD.

I can get over 34 mpg on long highway trips without trying... try doing that with any of those cars.

So yeah, the dealers have no problem finding wagon buyers for their rather limited stock. In other words, don't be surprised if they stick to their guns regarding price.
I agree... I initially looked at an A4 Avant and 3 Series Wagon and both started around ~$40k with little or no options... The price escalated quite a bit from there when you add similar options and features found in the TSX Wagon Tech package...

I believe the guy who commented on no market for a luxury wagon is a bit off the mark... I believe there is a decent sized market for it... most of them are either tired of suvs/cuvs, or are coming from sedans and need a bit more room...

The TSX Sportwagon fills a pretty good spot price and feature wise... It handles well, and it has a decently peppy power plant... Sure they could have put in a more powerfull motor in, but that would have cut into the fuel efficiency whic his one of the attactive points for those people coming from the suv/cuv market looking for something different...

to the OP... due to the limited production run of the wagon combined with the slow down in production in japan earlier this year, TSX Wagons had very small wiggle room on negotiating prices down... with the 2012s, there may be a bit more wiggle room as producting is ramping back up, and supply is replenishing... i believe Acura is still only targeting 4000 wagons for the 2012 model year... I'm not even sure they got close to that in 2011 with the production stoppage...
Old 11-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Racer

The good and bad about Acura is that the fewer options there are, the easier it is to find the car a customer wants, but it makes it that much easier for the customer to shop around and pit dealer against dealer. The extremely aggressive quote given already is evidence that it is happening now that production is being freed up. Selling cars is difficult right now on all fronts. Used cars are selling for too much at auction, low new car stock. Maybe I could have bought mine for less (looking at the quote above), but I went with a number that I was comfortable with and still let the dealer make money.

m13, you might want to double check the dealer's doc fee which will be added. Most are a reasonable $100-$250, but I know of Florida car dealers in particular that had $900 fees tacked on at the last minute. My dealer didn't even charge one, so that was a refreshing surprise.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Your quote looks pretty much on target!

I bought a 2011 Tech Wagon. Got it for a couple hundred over invoice, which I thought was fair. Could have gotten it at invoice at a dealer 60 miles away, but I thought buying from my local dealer would be better. I see in the "new owners" thread that people paid less, but I don't know how.

I just looked up a 2012 Black/Black non-tech wagon in Chicago area using USAA's car buying service, and invoice is supposedly $30,241. The USAA price is $30,741 and you should be able to buy the car for around that price (even without using the USAA program of course). Dealers might be willing to go to invoice, but I doubt they'll go below. They have to make some money on the deal to keep the lights on.

Yes, expect a $200 or so documentation fee as well, but that should be it besides TTL. You should be able to walk out paying under $31K total + TTL.

Let us know how you make out!

Last edited by spg900ny; 11-30-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Adding fee section
Old 12-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cisobe
I agree... I initially looked at an A4 Avant and 3 Series Wagon and both started around ~$40k with little or no options... The price escalated quite a bit from there when you add similar options and features found in the TSX Wagon Tech package...

I believe the guy who commented on no market for a luxury wagon is a bit off the mark... I believe there is a decent sized market for it... most of them are either tired of suvs/cuvs, or are coming from sedans and need a bit more room...

The TSX Sportwagon fills a pretty good spot price and feature wise... It handles well, and it has a decently peppy power plant... Sure they could have put in a more powerfull motor in, but that would have cut into the fuel efficiency whic his one of the attactive points for those people coming from the suv/cuv market looking for something different...

to the OP... due to the limited production run of the wagon combined with the slow down in production in japan earlier this year, TSX Wagons had very small wiggle room on negotiating prices down... with the 2012s, there may be a bit more wiggle room as producting is ramping back up, and supply is replenishing... i believe Acura is still only targeting 4000 wagons for the 2012 model year... I'm not even sure they got close to that in 2011 with the production stoppage...
i couldn't agree more the new car director for my local acura dealer told me their getting 5 more wagons in this week (2 in stock currently 2012 techs) but all of them are tech only 1 non tech, and the state of FL is getting roughly 30 wagons currently in route to dealers. Not sure if that's all that going is going to be shipped is month since Acura wanted to limit production to roughly 4k a year or are they planning to double that number since the tsunami ruined their gauge on how much their wagon would sell since it limited production completely. I am also in the market for one as well and was quoted 29517 for a base wagon 2012, i think i might wait though as there are 5 acura dealers in my area.