tire review - michelin pilot alpin pa2

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Used Registerer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up tire review - michelin pilot alpin pa2

"The Pilot Alpin PA2 is Michelin's Performance Winter tire developed to meet the needs of driving enthusiasts by combining dry road performance, foul weather traction and cold-weather conditions.

The Pilot Alpin PA2 molds a tread rubber compound that remains flexible at lower temperatures for greater grip, into a high-contact, speed rating-specific tread design (V-speed rated tires feature a directional, 5-rib independent block tread design while H-speed rated tires feature a 6-rib version). The tread blocks feature Michelin's "Bi-Directional Sipes System" technology that enhances performance on wet, snow-packed and icy roads. On the inside, the Pilot Alpin PA2 features twin steel belts that are reinforced by Michelin's size-optimized BAZ technology where nylon cord is Banded At Zero degrees to the direction of travel. The Pilot Alpin PA2 incorporates Michelin's Radial XSE Technology (which consists of a silica-enhanced Smart Tread Compound, Optimized Casing Shape and Optimized Mass Distribution) to enhance the Pilot Alpin PA2's performance and wear.

The Pilot Alpin PA2 winter radials meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the snowflake-on-the-mountain symbol."

i just bought a set of these a couple days ago for teh rice burner. AMAZING snow and ice performance. surprising. a couple of bucks, but definitely worth it if you are spending a fair amount of this winter driving on **** roads.

i give them five out of five meh's.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Any snow tie is worth it if ou have to drive thru the white stuff. They far surpass ANY allseason for safety and traction. Im not a huge fan of the mich snow tires any more. I really like the Dunlop wintersports.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Used Registerer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Any snow tie is worth it if ou have to drive thru the white stuff. They far surpass ANY allseason for safety and traction. Im not a huge fan of the mich snow tires any more. I really like the Dunlop wintersports.
these are my first snow-specific tires i've owned, so i cannot compare them to other manufacturers. but MAN.... what a difference over my yokohamas!! seriously - shocked at how well they perform.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Dook
these are my first snow-specific tires i've owned, so i cannot compare them to other manufacturers. but MAN.... what a difference over my yokohamas!! seriously - shocked at how well they perform.
Dont get me wrong. They are good tires.
It is amazing how much better they are than all season tires. The difference in saftey is night and day. and any one that has to drive in the white stuff on a yearly basis should atleast try them once. Once they try they will never want to go back.