Tein Basic Damper Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Smoke something...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein Basic Damper Kit?

i'm looking into dropping my TL... i've been thinking about going with the Tein Basic Damper Kit. does anybody have any opinions on the set?

-MH-
Old 04-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Cant go wrong with anything TEIN makes
Call acurazine sponsor/authorized vendor MrHeelToe
He has the product knowledge and parts if you need them
and is an authorized dealer for tein- his shop is right near their warehouse too!

1-949-295-1668 pacific time
tell Marcus I said Hi
Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Drifting

ebay/blackmarket
Old 04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Team Owner

Many parts manufactures- in order to control their product distribution will only honor warranty when purchased thru authorized dealer.
You may find deals on eb, just make sure you get what you pay for and what are the conditions of sale
Old 04-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
The Basics are a great street setup. Ride height adjustability and the setup is slightly firmer than stock but not stiff. We are an Authorized Dealer for TEIN.

PM me for pricing.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Team Owner

Josh/Excellerate

Am I correct that TEIN is joining the ranks of makers that are limiting warranty
to authorized dealer sales only?
I wouldn't go to the flea market and buy a "new" kenmore washer and expect sears to honor the warranty, just like a car brought in from another country.

HA-Might as well try getting medical service in a foreign country with your american insurance card
List under things that are not going to happen
Old 04-20-2007, 05:27 PM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Basics rock man. I'm completely satisfied with them and they've been nothing but great to me. Like Excelerate says, it's slightly firmer than stock, but not all stiff and harsh. If you can't afford the SS, I say go for the Basics.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Smoke something...

Are the SS's really that much better than the basics? I dont mind paying for the SS's, i just didnt know if there was really that big of a difference.

-MH-
Old 04-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Team Owner

Check this thread by MrHeelToe for good description of each component
There is more on his main site as well
www.heeltoeauto.com

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=312176&page=1
Old 04-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
I might be getting these as well, are buying used coilovers a good idea?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

I got the basics also and I recommend them to any1 who is planning on lowering there car. The ride isn't that harsh at all. My son would fall asleep while I'm driving on a not so good paved road and there is no bounce at all. Go 4 it...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A small read from MVP Motorsports' site.....

In today’s competitive performance equipment marketplace, it is often difficult for the consumer to know where he or she should spend one’s hard earned money to upgrade their ride. Consumers already know how to weigh the most commonly considered issues: best price, availability of parts, customer service, and support after the sale.

However, there is one key element that many people overlook when choosing a shop to purchase from: is the shop an authorized dealer of the product(s) you are buying? Furthermore, why should you, the end user consumer care if the shop is an authorized dealer or not? Why should you consider paying a little extra to purchase from an authorized distributor?

First, manufacturers offer a warranty on a product only after it is proven that the product was bought through an authorized distributor. Imagine buying that several thousand dollar turbo kit from “just another dot-com,” and having the manifold crack or the turbo blow up 3 months later. Only to call the manufacturer and find out that you’ll have to come with the hundreds or thousands of dollars to replace the part(s) that failed. The manufacture won’t even consider helping you as they have no idea how you acquired the product. The product could be used longer than you say, could be stolen, or could have been bought via “grey market”. Suddenly the little bit of money you saved doesn’t seem so appealing after all.

Also consider this: an authorized distributor who spends hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars a year with a manufacture is going to have a lot more influence over their warranty decision than a “dot-com” company the manufacture has never heard of and has no benefit in helping.

Next, manufacturers offer service, support, and technical assistance only after it is proven that the product was bought through an authorized distributor. We realize that not everyone needs support on everything they purchase. But often you may have a few questions that would be best answered by the people that made what you bought. It would be nice to know they will talk to you if you do need assistance. While manufacturer provided technical assistance is not the most important reason to buy authorized, it is certainly has its value.

Finally, authorized distributors of a product are more likely to be around in the future when you may need help the most. Becoming an authorized distributor is no walk in the park and it involves a lot more than a phone call. While every manufacture has their own individual requirements to become an authorized distributor, most of them have some requirements in common. These include:

• The shop must make an opening large purchase, usually tens of thousands of dollars. (Some upwards of $100,000.)
• The shop must have warehousing space to support put the manufacturer’s product on their shelves.
• The shop must have a physical business location where customers can purchase the manufacturer’s product. In other words it can’t be run out of their house or a corner in their friend’s business.
• The shop must be proven, have good credit, a solid reputation, and excellent references.
• Some manufacturers go as far as to fly to the shop and do a personal inspection of the facility before agreeing to authorize and sell.

What does all this mean to you? It means that an authorized distributor is a more established business, is a full time business, and is set up to best serve the customer. Many “dot-com” shops are run out of a spare bedroom or dorm room. Most of them are 1-man shows. Most of these “shops” aren’t shops at all…they are operated in the spare time of the owner. Everything else comes before you: his or her other “real” job, college classes, homework, or his kids screaming in the background while you are trying to get your questions answered.

If you don’t know if the shop you are purchasing from is an authorized distributor, simply ask. Or better yet, call the manufacture and ask them!
http://mvpmotorsports.com/merchant/authorized.shtml
Old 05-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Left Lane For Passing!!!!

if its just for normal daily driving, then get the basics. If you're a weekend racer, then get ss, otherwise, you're just paying more for nothing.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dicster
if its just for normal daily driving, then get the basics. If you're a weekend racer, then get ss, otherwise, you're just paying more for nothing.
Dicster,

There is only one thing that separates the SS from the Basic.

That is its ability to work in conjunction with the EDFC. It is not a more "hardcore" coilover setup than the Basic.

If you want something a bit more "hardcore" than the Basic or SS, just get the SS-P.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
All of TEIN’s coilover setups include 4 shocks and 4 coil springs. Every kit is ride height adjustable but some kits offer more than that. Here is some more specific information on each model:

TEIN Basics – ride height adjustable, ride firmer than stock but are not stiff. Great street setup with a sporty feeling and good rebound but not never jarring.

TEIN Super Streets (SS) – ride height adjustable, dampening adjustability (allows you to adjust relatively how soft or firm the rebound/ride is – 16 levels)

TEIN Super Streets w/ Pillowball Upper Mounts (SS-P) – ride height adjustable, dampening adjustability, includes pillowball upper mounts (duralumin upper mount w/ spherical bearing which gives you a more direct feeling w/ the road, more responsive than stock rubber mount)

TEIN FLEX – full threaded shock body for maximum ride height adjustment, dampening adjustability, pillowball upper mounts – ultimate TEIN setup

TEIN EDFC – electronic motor that allows you to adjust the dampening of the shock
Old 05-23-2007, 09:23 PM
spaz

Originally Posted by Excelerate
All of TEIN’s coilover setups include 4 shocks and 4 coil springs. Every kit is ride height adjustable but some kits offer more than that. Here is some more specific information on each model:

TEIN Basics – ride height adjustable, ride firmer than stock but are not stiff. Great street setup with a sporty feeling and good rebound but not never jarring.

TEIN Super Streets (SS) – ride height adjustable, dampening adjustability (allows you to adjust relatively how soft or firm the rebound/ride is – 16 levels)

TEIN Super Streets w/ Pillowball Upper Mounts (SS-P) – ride height adjustable, dampening adjustability, includes pillowball upper mounts (duralumin upper mount w/ spherical bearing which gives you a more direct feeling w/ the road, more responsive than stock rubber mount)

TEIN FLEX – full threaded shock body for maximum ride height adjustment, dampening adjustability, pillowball upper mounts – ultimate TEIN setup

TEIN EDFC – electronic motor that allows you to adjust the dampening of the shock
thank you. that is exactly what i have been looking for.
now, can you include prices with all of those? and im assuming all of them can work with EDFC other than the basics?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

If you need only one coilover, does Tein or any of our vendors sell them that way?