New Wheels - Momo RPM & Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Wars not make one great

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Wheels - Momo RPM & Springs?

I finally got around to getting some new wheels put on. I ended up going with the Momo RPM in silver which is an 18x7.5 and supposedly +45 offset.. Oh and they're only 19.3lbs each! They are wrapped in Toyo Proxes 4. I was a bit nervous about the way they looked for about a day but now I'm loving them. So for anyone searching for this info, the Momo RPM Weight is 19.3lbs for 18".

Now I'm looking to get it lowered since looks funny. I still have the stock shocks (they haven't been replaced as far as I know), and am pushing 52k miles now. I know I should probably buy new shocks too, and get a camber kit, and possibly have my fenders rolled. I'm not sure if the rear tires will actually clear the wheel wells if the car was compressed that far. It is pretty close.
I'm thinking about the Eibach pro kit springs. Unfortunately once you add in all those other things the price suddenly doubled or tripled to "do it right". When faced with that I immediately think about getting coilovers instead and then the price goes up even more. I don't want my ride to be extremely punishing though. The wheels made a pretty noticable difference.

I'm not really sure what to do, but it needs to be lowered for sure!

What should I do

I think I already know the answer... save money, wait, and do it right. I hate waiting I need to install this UR pulley and Icebox too.

I was about to buy a 20" LCD HDTV for my kitchen but figured I'd get a lot more use/fun out of some springs.

Ok so here's a couple really bad pics of my filthy car. It was washed a few days before but it has been raining. I'm going to go take some good pics after it has been lowered.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I=X - optomos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait on the lowering and get the LCD
Old 09-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Wars not make one great

Originally Posted by optomos
Wait on the lowering and get the LCD
Well if I do that I'll have to wait a LONG time to do the lowering. The LCD is going to cost more than the "lowering done right" since I'd have to buy some other stuff too in order to integrate it into my home cinema.

I guess i need to get crackin and make some more money. :P
Old 09-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That needs to be dropped a.s.a.p, there are a few guys selling springs in the black market. I prefer the Eibach Pro Kit but if I saw correctly 2 different guys are selling H&R Sport Springs.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Nice wheels, they remind me of my Rally Sparco Tarmacs.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Wars not make one great

Originally Posted by CL Platano
That needs to be dropped a.s.a.p, there are a few guys selling springs in the black market. I prefer the Eibach Pro Kit but if I saw correctly 2 different guys are selling H&R Sport Springs.
I know it does.. I think I underestimated how offroad it was going to look when I had the wheels put on. I'm concerned with rubbing if I do lower it.. and camber of course. I guess all those things aren't difficult to solve.

I think the eibach springs would be a nice amount of drop without being excessive.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Wars not make one great

Originally Posted by VoLLy_1llusioNz
Nice wheels, they remind me of my Rally Sparco Tarmacs.
Thanks, i like em. They look nice and are pretty damn light.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:00 AM
Wars not make one great

After much debate with myself today I think I'm going to go with my original plan and get the Tein SS with EDFC. Since I'd have to wait to do it right I might as well really do it right and go all out. :P Then I'll be able to tweak everything to the way I like it. I also won't have to worry it not being low enough, too low, too stiff, too soft, etc. Once I get it dialed in I likely won't adjust it ever other than the EDFC but it wil be pretty sweet.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good choice I got those w/o the EDFC and love them
Old 09-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Wars not make one great

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Good choice I got those w/o the EDFC and love them
Hehe yeah now I just need to save my pennies and hope my wife doesn't ever ask how much it is going to cost. :P