Nakayama Racing Sports FALSE ADVERTISING on Rims I Got!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 02:17 AM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Nakayama Racing Sports FALSE ADVERTISING on Rims I Got!

Ok, heres my Problem. I just had a local rim shop order a set of Nakayama Phantom GTRs for me. 18"x7.5 All over Nakyamas Web Site they advertise the Phantom GTR Rim showing 5 Lug Holes only. My rims came in today and i picked them up at the shop only to find that Nakayama did send me the Correct Rim except its the Nakayama Phantom GTR but with 10 Lug Holes Which is NOT how it is advertised on their Web Site. NOW WOULDNT THIS BE FALSE ADVERTISING! It makes me madd cuz i was expecting 5 Lug Holes, NOT 10! OMG, 10 Lug holes to me is outrageouz. Yes i know its meant to fit multiple applications but thats not the point. Point is that I EXPECTED to see 5 Lug holes on the rim exactly like the way the rim appears on Nakayama's Web Site. 5 Lugs looks nice and clean. 10 Holes looks like someone over drilled holes in the damn thing. I have already contacted the guy who ordered my rims str8 from Nakayama so that he can talk to Nakayama about this issue and maybe i can exchange these for the same rim but with 5 Lug Holes only. Now, if Nakayama tells him that they only make the PHantom GTR in 10 Lug only, then i need to decide if i like the way 10 lug looks or not. What i would like from you is an opinion on the way 10 Lug Holes looks on this rim. It would be appreciated. OH and NO I AM NOT TRYING TO COPY JUSTIN ON HERE since hes got the SSRs and the Phantom look identical practically. Its just that i love the style of this rim and its the only one i want. The first pic of the Phantom GTR is how it is advertised on Nakayama's web site. This is how the rim should be. The Second Pic is the same rim but with 10 Lug Holes which it is not supposed to have according to what is being shown in the first.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Type II Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you really need to make a whole new damn thread...?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:57 AM
Type II Coupe

but props on these rims.. I got the real ones SSR GT1's in 19's..
Old 07-26-2005, 06:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

I also hate the way universal lug patterns look. It looks cheap and looks like it needs to be on a civic or something. I would ask them if they can change it for what they advertise or maybe get another wheel, but make sure you ask the rim shop who is ordering the wheels if they are actually 5 lug or universal. Good luck playa.....
Old 07-26-2005, 09:33 AM
99TL-p 114K

Yes i really did need to make a new thread. This whole 10 lug issue has been bothering me. Thing is that i wana make sure that if Nakayama says they dont make it in 5 lug anymore or whatever, that i dont look like an idiot rollin around town in a nice 3.2TL with rims that fucken have 10 lug holes if everyone else thinks 10 lug looks bad on that rim. Thanks though. Yeah the SSRs is what i originally wanted. SSR stopped manufacturing the GT1 though so i had to find something as close as possible and i came across Nakayama which the wheel is a very sharp wheel in person. I love it, but its about as close as im gona come to SSR GT1s which you cant get anymore.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

It all depends on if you like them, not us. If it bothers you that much, which it seems that it does, just return them for another wheel.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Advanced

The picture they adverstise has 10 holes they are just not all fully drilled out. Most "cheaper" wheel companies only make universal type applications for their wheels. You might have to live with the pattern if you are set on those wheels
Old 07-26-2005, 10:04 AM
I'd rather be driving:

Hey man, I feel your pain! I also would not want 10 lug hole rims when I was expecting 5 hole.

This appears to be a classic case of: "Subject to change without notice" or something to that effect.
I looked over the whole Nakayama website and catalog (pdf download) and I could not find the disclaimer; you may have a case.

You should take it up with Nakayama and out of courtesy and good customer service, they should exchange your wheels or facilitate a refund but don't hold your breath.

Unfortunately, you may be stuck with these rims. Hey they are nice rims anyway!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Racer

10 holes or 5 holes...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. If you don't like it, return it. You maybe right that Nakayama discontinued the 5 lugs. The 5 lug rims looks cool compared to the 10 lugs IMO unless you have a center cap to hide the lugs. But is it just me....the rims looks like stock rims.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Instructor

Yeah, return them. I hate those universal mount hole pattern
Old 07-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AznBalla
did you really need to make a whole new damn thread...?

You know it's against forum policy to create multiple posts regarding the same topic.

From your original thread, this reply sums it up very well.

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
You said you have the option of returning them. And you don't like them.

So what's the problem here?

Just return them and get something else. Why are you asking us if they look good or bad? That's your decision to make. Don't look to us to make a subjective decision for you.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:35 PM
99TL-p 114K

For Everyone who put up with my frustration on this issue, THANKS. I decided to call Nakayama myself to get to the bottom of this problem. They told me they did stop making the 5 lug Phantom GTR a while back and changed it to the 10 Lug which sucks but its ok. He then said that they just never changed the picture of the Phantom GTR on their web site which they NEED to but didnt. Anyways, i have decided to keep the rims cuz there is no other rim that i really do want. I love these rims, even in 10 lug they still look hot. There not an ugly lookin 10 lug wheel though. Ive seen wheels that are just plain nasty with 10 lug. Anyways, Thanks again for everyone input on this issue. Thread can be Closed now. Bye.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Racer

Good for you You may want to check on some cover that go into the extra lug holes. I saw some pics of 10 lug rims with the other 5 lugs covered. You can ask the store where you bought your rims.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Instructor

This is why wheels with center caps are awesome.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Need my Daily Fix of AZ

Originally Posted by BloodFart
This is why wheels with center caps are awesome.
:lol
i agree.. it also makes it harder for people to steal your rims

yeah. thats bullshit advertisment.
but it still doenst look bad, but its one of those things that will be on your mind always, when looking at the rims.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Racer

Red face

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
Ok, heres my Problem. I just had a local rim shop order a set of Nakayama Phantom GTRs for me. 18"x7.5 All over Nakyamas Web Site they advertise the Phantom GTR Rim showing 5 Lug Holes only. My rims came in today and i picked them up at the shop only to find that Nakayama did send me the Correct Rim except its the Nakayama Phantom GTR but with 10 Lug Holes Which is NOT how it is advertised on their Web Site. NOW WOULDNT THIS BE FALSE ADVERTISING! It makes me madd cuz i was expecting 5 Lug Holes, NOT 10! OMG, 10 Lug holes to me is outrageouz. Yes i know its meant to fit multiple applications but thats not the point. Point is that I EXPECTED to see 5 Lug holes on the rim exactly like the way the rim appears on Nakayama's Web Site. 5 Lugs looks nice and clean. 10 Holes looks like someone over drilled holes in the damn thing. I have already contacted the guy who ordered my rims str8 from Nakayama so that he can talk to Nakayama about this issue and maybe i can exchange these for the same rim but with 5 Lug Holes only. Now, if Nakayama tells him that they only make the PHantom GTR in 10 Lug only, then i need to decide if i like the way 10 lug looks or not. What i would like from you is an opinion on the way 10 Lug Holes looks on this rim. It would be appreciated. OH and NO I AM NOT TRYING TO COPY JUSTIN ON HERE since hes got the SSRs and the Phantom look identical practically. Its just that i love the style of this rim and its the only one i want. The first pic of the Phantom GTR is how it is advertised on Nakayama's web site. This is how the rim should be. The Second Pic is the same rim but with 10 Lug Holes which it is not supposed to have according to what is being shown in the first.

I know that you are not very happy with those 10 lugs. I am one of the people that wants to get SSR, but I don't know if I will be able to find anything. I was looking at Nakayama too and I was actually going to buy them, but I don't know if I will after reading your thread. Do you think you can post some pictures, because yours didn't show up last time I looked. If you can please e mail them to pvelet@hotmail.com. I would greatly appreciate that.