Just ordered my rims!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my rims!!!!!!!!

I will post picks once I get the rims and put em on my ride! I know a lot of you don't like chrome, but it's a southern thang!!!! I have an Anthracite Metallic 02 TL, and so far I've tinted the windows with 20% on the sides and 5% in the rear, and rockblocker 20% on my taillights. The rims I bought were the 19x7.5 Falken Torque 5's in chrome! I can't wait for them to get here, but I just had them ground shipped to keep the cost down. Anyway, I just wanted to brag a lil cause I'm excited! Like I said once they get here I'll post pics!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:47 PM
slobalt defender

Received 349 Likes on 186 Posts
You gonna lower it?
Old 12-30-2006, 03:32 AM
Racer

where did you order them ?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Advanced

www.edgeracing.com. I paid $1570 for them with tires ($239 each wheel)shipped to my house. The shipping was only $70,which shocked the hell out of me! Also the company does free mounting of the tires. So when they get here all I have to do is get them thrown on and balanced. I was pretty impressed with the company profile. Once you make an order, they do not ship the wheels until they double check for fitment, and contact you to make sure that that is what you wanted to order. I would say that is pretty good customer service!
Old 12-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
The chrome falken torques looks hot, i always loved them! they are replicas of the lowenharts BR5s.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
those are pretty hot rimss

I totally understand the southern thang....I live in Tampa
Old 12-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dnd2984
those are pretty hot rimss

I totally understand the southern thang....I live in Tampa
lol i probably know you because i live in tampa too.

BTW i cant wait to see it!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Advanced

Someone will have to help me posting the pics once the rims get here!
Old 12-31-2006, 09:13 PM
slobalt defender

Received 349 Likes on 186 Posts
so you are getting a drop too, right? Your car is gonna look like a 4x4 with those 19's and no drop...
Old 01-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Discombobulated69
Someone will have to help me posting the pics once the rims get here!
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113321

there you go
Old 01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Advanced

Hockeyman0920, sorry I refuse to ever drop a car again! I use to be Vice President of a car club years ago, and I've been through the whole "rice rocket" scene. I know that it will look like a 4X4, but at least I don't have to worry about a camber kit and all the other b.s. that comes with lowering a car. I swear my last car started falling apart little by little after I lowered it. It always seemed like something was breaking. Anyway, looking like a 4X4 doesn't really bother me. Like I said before have you ever seen a donk? A donk is an old school chevy with a lift kit with 24's or bigger. I love em, not that I'm planning to do that to my TL but I like the look. So really having the look like it's raised doesn't bother me much.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make sure you post photos. I bet the wheels show up balanced as well. I find it hard to belive that they would mount them and not balance them. If you lower the car properly it will ride the same and align 100% perfect. I was the same way - worried. I used Compech springs and a Comptech rear camber kit. My car is aligned perfectly, it rides great and looks even better.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Advanced

I hear ya loud and clear,but like I said before if I have to start adjusting camber then it's not worth it to me. Honestly I don't believe camber kits EVER get the camber back to 100% perfection, and don't hold me to this but I believe the last camber kit I had actually fell back out of camber at one time and I had to adjust it back. I don't believe in camber kits from my past experiences. That's just my opinion though. Oh another thing I learned from my past experience is never invest a dime into a 2nd gen Mitsushiti Eclipse.....they are a P.O.S.!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I hear ya loud and clear,but like I said before if I have to start adjusting camber then it's not worth it to me. Honestly I don't believe camber kits EVER get the camber back to 100% perfection, and don't hold me to this but I believe the last camber kit I had actually fell back out of camber at one time and I had to adjust it back. I don't believe in camber kits from my past experiences. That's just my opinion though. Oh another thing I learned from my past experience is never invest a dime into a 2nd gen Mitsushiti Eclipse.....they are a P.O.S.!!!!!!!!!
Lowering a TL 1.75 wont make it fall apart. And then id have to say you had cheap camber kits or not installed properly. Ive never had a problem with the good ones and they do make a difference, and if the alignment shop is good they will get it back to factory specs. But to each their own.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Advanced

No doubt, I feel what ya saying! I'll have to really think more about it once I put the rims on, I guess.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Advanced

Well damn, I just got off the phone with edgeracing and for some reason my order never went through. The company was closed for the holidays from Dec 23-Jan 3. I had placed my order Dec 28, and figured that today my order would have been processed today when they got back to the office. I was a lil concerned about the fact that I never received my confirmation email that the website said I would receive immediately after placing my order. So I called first thing this morning, and they told me they didn't see my order anywhere in the system. So I placed the order again this morning, but this time speaking to a humanbeing,lol. They promised me if they happen to stumble across the other order they won't send 2 sets. The guy said that it takes them about a day to mount,balance, and ship them out, so he said I can expect them at my house around next Wed or Thurs.. I'll keep errrrrbody posted!
Old 01-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Those are nice!! Just wondering, even though they are only 7.5" wide, with the 42 offset, will you still rub? If these were a 45 offset, you would probably be for sure in the clear. Just wondering.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Advanced

I've done a lot of research on these wheels as well as other wheels that have a 42 offset. The 2 people I spoke to with the exact same wheels said they just had to cut the tabs and they didn't rub anymore. Also I found a pic of someone else with the same rims but on a blue 2nd gen TL. Check it out:
http://www.colexusclub.com/forum/vie...af81f93575f9ce
Old 01-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Racer

I know how you feel. I just a call from American Racing and the wheels that are being made special for me have come in. My rep said the wheels are done and the new Yokohama rubber is mounted and balanced. I should have them Friday or Monday. Iwould have them sooner but they are doing inventory this week - damn. I guess it does not matter because I can not put them on my car untill April. I still want to see them.

Before I get bombarded with questions. I ordered wheels from American Racing (I buy ALOT of wheels from them yearly) and I did not like the lip on them. The lip was what I wanted 2in but it was not polished. The wheels were sent out and the lip was polished and the centers painted and clear coated a brighter silver. This is not a service American Racing normally offers so do not call them and ask what it would cost. It was a personal favor.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
checkmate...

I've got Tein H-Techs on and don't need a camber kit.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1osunut
I know how you feel. I just a call from American Racing and the wheels that are being made special for me have come in. My rep said the wheels are done and the new Yokohama rubber is mounted and balanced. I should have them Friday or Monday. Iwould have them sooner but they are doing inventory this week - damn. I guess it does not matter because I can not put them on my car untill April. I still want to see them.

Before I get bombarded with questions. I ordered wheels from American Racing (I buy ALOT of wheels from them yearly) and I did not like the lip on them. The lip was what I wanted 2in but it was not polished. The wheels were sent out and the lip was polished and the centers painted and clear coated a brighter silver. This is not a service American Racing normally offers so do not call them and ask what it would cost. It was a personal favor.
Damn a 2" lip? Hell yeah! I'd like to see the pics of those when you get them on. I wish our cars would allow us to have deep dish rims, but still it'd be nice to see yours with 2". Maybe when you get the wheels you can put em on in the garage just to take a pic,lol.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mr.motoring
I've got Tein H-Techs on and don't need a camber kit.
How much of a drop do you have with those?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Drifting

H-Techs are 1.5"/1" (f/r)
Old 01-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Advanced

And you have perfect alignment and camber?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:48 PM
checkmate...

And you have perfect alignment and camber?
Alignment will never be perfect after lowering. Camber looks neutral in the front, but slightly negative in the rear. Toe is probably minimal, as the steering doesn't shake at 60, and the car tracks straight when I let go of the wheel.

I never even got an alignment. Trust me, I know when the tires ain't likin' the drop. I've been running with this setup for the past 20K miles, and the inside tread has worn exactly the same as the outside. Negative camber for our TLs are only a concern on the front wheels. Even then, bad toe is more of a worry. I could get a camber kit to get the back to neutral, but it's only cosmetic.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Advanced

Mr.Motoring, you live in B.R.? I'm in Prairieville! lol Anyway, I may lower it in that case, but I just don't want to be burning through tires, and I don't want to lose the luxury ride.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 PM
checkmate...

Mr.Motoring, you live in B.R.? I'm in Prairieville! lol Anyway, I may lower it in that case, but I just don't want to be burning through tires, and I don't want to lose the luxury ride.
Whats up neighbor! You gotta lower it, even just a little. We have too much fender gap to let it go as is.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Advanced

So even with our horrible roads, lowering it didn't lose the luxury ride? Did you put your springs on yourself, or have a shop do it?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:11 PM
checkmate...

So even with our horrible roads, lowering it didn't lose the luxury ride? Did you put your springs on yourself, or have a shop do it?
Haha, you think our roads are bad, New Orleans roads are worse.

That's one reason why I didn't want to go too low. I already have the OEM lip kit, by now it would have been in pieces otherwise. The stock good ride is still there, and the nose dive and squat are gone. I put em in myself. If you decide to go for the drop, lemme know, I'll help you out.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Hell yeah Nawlins is horrible! I grew up there until I was 9, and all my relatives still live there. That's cool though, I appreciate the offer to help me with lowering. It's always good to know people! Do you ever go out in Prairieville? My whole crew is normally hangin out at Spanky's in P'ville. By the way my names Ray.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1osunut

What did you do to get that personal favor? J/K !

Can't wait to see them.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Racer

If you spend about $15.000 dollars with them you never know DRAGONLORD they might give you a reach around.

They are said to be very nice. I hope they turned out how I wanted them.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Advanced

Arrrrrrrrrgh Ok I originally ordered my rims right after Christmas over the edgeracing website, but for some odd reason I never got the confirmation email. So the 1st day they re-opened after the holiday (jan 3) I called to make sure they had my order, which they did not. So I went ahead and ordered them over the phone. They told me it would take 1-2 days for them to get them mounted and balanced, then I would receive a confirmation email with a tracking #. So 2 days(today) I called to find out when I would receive my email, they said that tonight at 6pm eastern time all the orders would get shipped and I would receive it then. So of course all day I'm waiting for 6pm to roll around, and just as I figured.....no email. So now I have to wait until Monday for them to ship them, which means one more day I have to wait for my rims. Has anyone done business with edgeracing? I just want to make sure I did go through a legitimate company. I know I'm being a lil impatient, but dammit I want my rims!!! LOL Anyway, I just had to vent a lil!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
My buddy's done bueinss with edgeracing and he swears by them. I've heard very good things about them from others, as well.

Have patience.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Advanced

Ok, so I called Edgeracing this morning because I still hadn't heard anything. Apparently the shop manager told the customer service guy that one of the rims Falken sent had a chip in it, so they sent it back Friday and they're hoping to get a new one back today. I just hope I will get my wheels by Friday now. At least I know what's going on now!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Advanced

I just got my tracking number, and my rims were shipped out lastnight! They should be here Friday! Thank GOD!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:31 PM
checkmate...

Finally! I'm getting tired of repeatedly opening up this thread with no pics to show for it.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mr.motoring
Finally! I'm getting tired of repeatedly opening up this thread with no pics to show for it.
SORRY,LOL
Old 01-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Grippin' Grain

^^ I was thinking the same thing about the pics.
Saints in the SuperBowl too.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Advanced

I know everyone is tired of going to this thread without the pics, but I finally got my rims/tires today and put them on. I will have to take pictures tomm after I clean it. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good chrome cleaner that I dont have to worry about eating the chrome up? Also, after all the complaining I did about Edgeracing, I have to admit it was just me being impatient and not their fault at all. They actually did me a huge favor by sending that wheel with the chip in it back to the manufacturer. Edgeracing is definitely a good company to buy from. Not only did they ship the wheels to me which are 50lbs each for a total of $70, they also mount and balanced them for free, and sent me a Falken T-shirt and a Falken Beanie with my wheels! So, I would definitely have to say they are a good company to buy from!!! I haven't had any rubbing issues yet, but I haven't had anyone in the back seat either. I'll post the pics tomm!!

Quick Reply: Just ordered my rims!!!!!!!!