I know nothing help

Old 06-10-2019, 03:00 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know nothing help

Just bought an 03 a spec TL

need wheels cause current ones are bubbled and rashes not sure what I actually need so I don’t know how to shop for them

Was wondering if it would be a good idea to lower it another inch or two and if it is how would I go about that

also should I be looking at 17’s or would bigger look better?

Also so any recommendations for any sort of mods are welcome

Im honestly super new at this so I understand that I’m annoying. Thanks in advance for any help
Old 06-17-2019, 12:16 AM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
If you just bought it and aren't familiar with working on it yet, I'd say focus on getting familiar with it first. Take care of all maintenance items and make sure the engine is running as well as it can, and then work your way up in terms of difficulty. Lowering the car is entirely an aesthetic choice, so I'd leave that for when you've run out of real work to do but are itching to get dirty.
However if you have bad tires, get those replaced as soon as possible. I get my tires from tirerack.com and ship them to a local shop - I then schedule an appointment at the shop to get those tires mounted up.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:01 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'd say go with 18s. Original offset for stock wheels is +55, I believe. I'd say the max offset you should go with is +45 or +40. You might run into rubbing issues if you go with a lower offset, especially since you plan on lowering the car. I rubbed like crazy when I had my 18x9, +30 ET wheel setup. Just browse around the forum and see what setups other people are running. Jaasha had an amazing wheel setup, but that required some fender work.