Eibach sways

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach sways

To all you guys with the Eibach sway bars, where did you guys purchase it and for how much? I found a site for $335.00 shipped but I don't like their attitude when I spoke to them on the phone. They seemed like they didn't care about their customers and that says a lot about the way they conduct business.

Thanks in advance for ur input.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

try this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WD1V
Old 06-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Greenhorn

I also bought mine off ebay through Suspensionmax. The price was pretty good and the shipping was quick. I'm very satisfied.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Instructor

I bought my sway bars off www.shox.com and they price matched it for me, although i didn't get free shipping because I live in Canada. They have "fine print" stating that they will match the price and give free shipping within the US if their price is not lower than their competitors; Just ask them about free shipping and price matching because that is what they should do.
Read fine print here.

Here are some shops that have lower prices, even though it is little, than them.
www.optionimports.com
Eibach Sway bars
Free Shipping! over $250 with coupon code.

Here's another one.
www.overboost.com
It's for an 2002 honda accord but if you go to Eibach website, it's the same part number for the Acura TL models from 1999-2003. Eibach part number 4040.320
www.eibach.com application part number

Another place where I bought some stuff off him before. I think he can do the same price plus free shipping too, so you can just talk to him and see if he can do it.www.tmengineering.net
Speak to Todd there.

If you don't like to buy off someone because they are rude, ignorant, too overpriced, or seems like they don't care about customers, then I'd say go elsewhere. That is what US is all about: free market and capitalism and there are plenty of people who will want your business.

Hope that helps JimmyTLS. Don't even think twice about the Eibach sway bars. They are amazing upgrade to do on the Acura TL's with SIGNIFICANT improvement with NO sacrifice in ride quality and only performance to be gained

Michael
Old 06-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Michael,
Did you install it yourself? How hard was it? Did you have to re-do your alignment? The kit appears to be easy to install with only a few screws.
Thanks
Old 06-21-2005, 01:08 AM
I pimp an Audi A4.

Originally Posted by Michael03TLS
I bought my sway bars off www.shox.com and they price matched it for me, although i didn't get free shipping because I live in Canada. They have "fine print" stating that they will match the price and give free shipping within the US if their price is not lower than their competitors; Just ask them about free shipping and price matching because that is what they should do.
Read fine print here.

Here are some shops that have lower prices, even though it is little, than them.
www.optionimports.com
Eibach Sway bars
Free Shipping! over $250 with coupon code.

Here's another one.
www.overboost.com
It's for an 2002 honda accord but if you go to Eibach website, it's the same part number for the Acura TL models from 1999-2003. Eibach part number 4040.320
www.eibach.com application part number

Another place where I bought some stuff off him before. I think he can do the same price plus free shipping too, so you can just talk to him and see if he can do it.www.tmengineering.net
Speak to Todd there.

If you don't like to buy off someone because they are rude, ignorant, too overpriced, or seems like they don't care about customers, then I'd say go elsewhere. That is what US is all about: free market and capitalism and there are plenty of people who will want your business.

Hope that helps JimmyTLS. Don't even think twice about the Eibach sway bars. They are amazing upgrade to do on the Acura TL's with SIGNIFICANT improvement with NO sacrifice in ride quality and only performance to be gained

Michael

great post i will be buying my sways from one of those links!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Instructor

Smile

Acutee,

Yes, I did install the sway bars myself, with my brother. It isn't that hard, BUT it can be tricky to install the sway bars if you have no mechanical experience or you can simply run into trouble with complications when you actually do the job, such as stripping the endlink nuts. The endlink bolt needs to be held down by a hexagon key (5mm) while you wrench off the nut. Another problem I faced was wrenches: if your wrench is too long you may run out of space or it can be a really tight fit when you work on the front endlinks. Try to get one of these wrenches ( 14mm I believe) off a friend or borrow one off a mechanic or autozone by leaving a deposit or something. It can help alot. These are ratchet wrenches
Wrenches:
OR one of these flex head, ratchet wrenches
Flex Head Ratchet Wrench

Also beware that you can in fact install the sway bars in "reversed" direction despite what anyone else says in this forum. I have written a post with proof (pictures) of how two different installation processes have yielded two results: 1 correct installation and 1 incorrect installation with the rear in reversed position. Read here for further issues with it possibly being installed reversed.
Thread regarding "reversed" position of sway bar:

For the front sway bar, it is probably better to take off one wheel and it will make your life a lot easier to take out the front sway bar. It was really simple for the front despite people saying it was harder than the rears, which I didn't find.

For the back sway bar, you may need to "preload" the lower control arm which attaches to the spindle of the car in order to put the endlinks bolts through the sway bar. "Preload" meaning you can put a hydraulic,floor jack underneath the lower control arm to simulate as if the car is on flat ground. I did my installation on car ramps, but found this other technique later. I assume you will put jack stands underneath the car load points; in this case you have to preload on the suspension components, and you can simulate "preload" on the suspension by what I mentioned above with a hydraulic,floor jack. You may want to take off one tire off (losen lug nuts BEFORE putting on jack stands) to make it easier to slip in the sway bar. I found the rear sway bar harder to do because without taking off the rear exhaust hangers, it can be really tough to manuevre the aftermarket sway bar into position.

Here are some DIY ( do-it-yourself) guides that I've used:
Guide #1

Guide #2

Guide # 3, although it is for 3rd generation TL but same principles:

If you find it too much trouble after all the reading of the DIY's, just pay someone to do it on the hoist which is pretty easy. Otherwise, you can work on your car and have the satisfaction of knowing that you put in effort and "worked on your car".Good Luck
Old 06-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Instructor

Also, no re-alignment should be needed because all you're doing is a straight re and re installation job. The sway bar just controls mainly the "side to side" driving movement and won't affect how your wheels/tires's angles change. Alignment is only needed when suspension components such as lowering with springs/shocks or coilovers is done.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Michael,
I do appreciate very much for your complete detailed info on installing the sway bar. I am printing it out and have a friend giving me a hand on this.
Thanks much.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:25 PM
2006 TL ASPEC

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/import-shops-suck-111235/
Old 06-23-2005, 03:15 AM
Instructor

Wink

Acutee,

You're very welcome; just one Acura forum member helping another

Just read over those DIY guides and have it "sink-in" or semi-memorized in your mind and I think you should have no problem, plus it helps to have a buddy work on it with you so if you can't figure out something, you can discuss it.

Here's another link for what a sway bar does and some other members's opinions, including mine.
Sway bar information and member opinions (mainly 2nd page):
This is one modification I HIGHLY recommend for any TL owner; no sacrifice in ride quality but huge difference in handling, cornering and more stability. Just make sure you have good tires or your stock tires are not bald.

Also check out dchondasport's pictures and opinions also with this link.

Good luck and hope things go well. You'll enjoy it when you're done with the installation.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:14 AM
極品インスパイア32V

Acutee,

You're very welcome; just one Acura forum member helping another

Just read over those DIY guides and have it "sink-in" or semi-memorized in your mind and I think you should have no problem, plus it helps to have a buddy work on it with you so if you can't figure out something, you can discuss it.

Here's another link for what a sway bar does and some other members's opinions, including mine.
Sway bar information and member opinions (mainly 2nd page):
This is one modification I HIGHLY recommend for any TL owner; no sacrifice in ride quality but huge difference in handling, cornering and more stability. Just make sure you have good tires or your stock tires are not bald.

Also check out dchondasport's pictures and opinions also with this link.

Good luck and hope things go well. You'll enjoy it when you're done with the installation.
Hi Michael...
Is that ok if I just install the rear Eibach sway bar but not the front together?
cuz it seems that the front one is exactly the same size as stock one....haha
thanks!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Racer

They are sold as a set, however, the Eibachs front are stiffer than the stock front.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:30 AM
Instructor

InspireUA5,

Sorry for the late reply. I mean you can install only the rear sway bar and still feel the effects of the modification and reduce the body roll of the car. Yes the Front sway bar is the same size as the Eibach front sway bar but the inside of the tubing of the Eibach sway bar is less, meaning it's less hollow; there is more steel that makes up the aftermarket sway bar. If you remained with the stock sway bar, you would probably feel the back of the TL being more stiff and actually handle better than if both Eibach sway bars were installed.

In general it's best to install them as a pair because they have been tested by the manufacturers to work as a "pair" and it's more "matched" to perform optimally.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:54 AM
極品インスパイア32V

InspireUA5,

Sorry for the late reply. I mean you can install only the rear sway bar and still feel the effects of the modification and reduce the body roll of the car. Yes the Front sway bar is the same size as the Eibach front sway bar but the inside of the tubing of the Eibach sway bar is less, meaning it's less hollow; there is more steel that makes up the aftermarket sway bar. If you remained with the stock sway bar, you would probably feel the back of the TL being more stiff and actually handle better than if both Eibach sway bars were installed.

In general it's best to install them as a pair because they have been tested by the manufacturers to work as a "pair" and it's more "matched" to perform optimally.
Oh...I see...THANKS for your reply
btw...where can I get a set of it in a cheap price locally in Vancouver?
Old 09-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Instructor

I don't know of that many places in Vancouver that is "cheap", but talk to the other TL member in this forum called "Power-Fade". I think he got it for a good price here in Vancouver at I think National Tire Wholesale in Delta on River Road.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
極品インスパイア32V

How much do they sell?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Racer

$459
Old 09-08-2005, 10:02 AM
極品インスパイア32V

Originally Posted by power-fade