anyone who has TEIN SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 05:56 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone who has TEIN SS

does anyone know:

1. can the Tein SS ride height be adjusted to about the same stock height? or what is the least amount of drop for the TEIN SS?

2. generally how soft do you set the damping force for a more comfort and less noice?
( - 8 as the softest, + 8 is the hardest)

3. are you also showing any - camber in front and rear? or when you did the aligment?

i just got it lowered, but for a person that has never drop a car before.

i just wanted a more control of the road. i am looking for good handling and good
comfert.

my first time in a lower car. please give me some ideas for the installation, to as close to stock as POSSIBLE!!

Old 08-11-2004, 08:16 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

i have Tein SS coilovers, i set the damper at the 8th level (or 0 if i follow ur scale ) and the ride is almost like stock just a little stiffer (i didnt want it to stiff cuz the roads here suck)

you can put adjust them to be at the stock height but what's the point of having coilovers then?

you'll start to have camber issue with drop more than 1.5".. but even at 2" it's not too bad..

i suggest u drop your car like 1.5" with the damper set in the middle.. it will look/perform nice!

@cUr@-TL
Old 08-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Pro

I set mine all the way up for winters and it's close to stock height, maybe .5" lower.

I set my dampers to 6 in front 8 in rear. softer settings will ride close to stock.

No bad camber tire wear yet, but I've only had them for one summer.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
I have my car running on about the same as the Comptech drop, ~1.5" - 1.75" drop.

I have the EDFC though so I can adjust the dampening however I see fit. I usually leave it at 8/8 though (using the EDFC's 0-16 scale, 0 being the hardest, 16 being the softest).

Like others have said, you can run a stock ride height, but I would recommend something similar to the Comptech drop. You shouldn't need a camber kit, although I have one for my car.

Even with the car riding with a 1.5" drop or so, the car still feels very smooth. If you want to have the ability to change the ride from smooth to hard, then get the EDFC. But running at 8/8 you will definitely notice that the ride is rougher, but it still isn't anywhere near as rough as a normal sports car or anything. Riding at 16/16 is close to stock, but still somewhat rougher.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Instructor

Edfc

Originally Posted by LiQiCE
I have my car running on about the same as the Comptech drop, ~1.5" - 1.75" drop.

I have the EDFC though so I can adjust the dampening however I see fit. I usually leave it at 8/8 though (using the EDFC's 0-16 scale, 0 being the hardest, 16 being the softest).

Like others have said, you can run a stock ride height, but I would recommend something similar to the Comptech drop. You shouldn't need a camber kit, although I have one for my car.

Even with the car riding with a 1.5" drop or so, the car still feels very smooth. If you want to have the ability to change the ride from smooth to hard, then get the EDFC. But running at 8/8 you will definitely notice that the ride is rougher, but it still isn't anywhere near as rough as a normal sports car or anything. Riding at 16/16 is close to stock, but still somewhat rougher.

i wonder how much did you spend on the EDFC? or where can i find the cheapest.

i am looking into it also. do you know how much is the installation?

thank you!

another question?

if i do a lot of long distance travel, what is the most comfortable ride height and also the

damper setting?

i am a newbie at this!

thank you all for your kind 2 cents.

d
Old 08-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Instructor

thanks!

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
i have Tein SS coilovers, i set the damper at the 8th level (or 0 if i follow ur scale ) and the ride is almost like stock just a little stiffer (i didnt want it to stiff cuz the roads here suck)

you can put adjust them to be at the stock height but what's the point of having coilovers then?

you'll start to have camber issue with drop more than 1.5".. but even at 2" it's not too bad..

i suggest u drop your car like 1.5" with the damper set in the middle.. it will look/perform nice!

@cUr@-TL

i get the Tein mainly for the reason that, i change the stock wheels to the TSX wheels. and

created a 5 finger gap in the front and 4 in the rear. no just for looks and also handling

because i cannot feel the control in the front steering, so i was hoping that TEIN will give

back control of the front steering.

at the same time, i do a lot of traveling on my car, i need somthing that is close to stock

ride. i don't want to have to go Bump ~ BUMP~ and BUMP every time i go though the

sawer cap or potholes on the street or high way.

does this make sense?

i guess, i am not the driver to put on springs right?

Old 08-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
EDFC ran something like $375 or so? I bought it from blxmjx who is a member here. He is a official vendor now too I think. Just shoot him a PM.

Installation varies, I got mine done at the dealership because they were doing everthing else ... Was almost as expensive as the unit itself, something like $350 or so. You can probably get it installed cheaper if you go somewhere else.

For long distance travel, setting the dampening rate to 16 (softest setting) will give you the smoothest ride. I'm not 100% sure how much ride height will effect the ride. I guess it depends on how picky you are. If you want the smoothest ride possible, then stay stock. Don't even bother messing with the stock suspension. Otherwise if you want to go with the Teins, I'd recommend going with the drop I talked about earlier, a 1.5" - 1.75" drop and leaving the shocks on 16. I think with the Teins, you won't notice too much of a difference in smoothness when adusting the ride height small amounts. You'll notice the biggest change when you adjust the dampening rate.

Originally Posted by guavawang
i wonder how much did you spend on the EDFC? or where can i find the cheapest.

i am looking into it also. do you know how much is the installation?

thank you!

another question?

if i do a lot of long distance travel, what is the most comfortable ride height and also the

damper setting?

i am a newbie at this!

thank you all for your kind 2 cents.

d
Old 08-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Instructor

How exactly is the ride height adjusted? Is it like adjusting regular sleeve coilovers? Also where's the cheapest place to get it? On the lowest setting, can the wheels be tucked?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Instructor

height adjusted!

Originally Posted by HeLLxRiSeS
How exactly is the ride height adjusted? Is it like adjusting regular sleeve coilovers? Also where's the cheapest place to get it? On the lowest setting, can the wheels be tucked?
it is like the standard coliover kits. that there are sets of barring to rise it up and down.

and if you like to slam the car. just use the max. drop height it should be - 3.07 FRD.and

2.90 RWD.

it least that is what the installation tells me.

i got it for $850 shipping from JDMautogames.com

david is a kool guy to deal with. very good, and ship on time.

new kits.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by HeLLxRiSeS
To adjust the height you need to jack up the car and just turn the collars on the coilovers up/down. I can adjust the height of my car in about 45 mins. WIth the TEINs all the way down in the front and 225/35/19's you can almost tuck, the rear can easily be tucked with the TEINs
Old 08-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by guavawang
does anyone know:

1. can the Tein SS ride height be adjusted to about the same stock height? or what is the least amount of drop for the TEIN SS?

2. generally how soft do you set the damping force for a more comfort and less noice?
( - 8 as the softest, + 8 is the hardest)

3. are you also showing any - camber in front and rear? or when you did the aligment?

i just got it lowered, but for a person that has never drop a car before.

i just wanted a more control of the road. i am looking for good handling and good
comfert.

my first time in a lower car. please give me some ideas for the installation, to as close to stock as POSSIBLE!!

1. You can adjust it to a stock ride height.

2. I usually set them 10 in front and 12 in rear on EDFC. I think this is somewhat comparable to the stock comfort.

3. I have camber issue in the rear. My car is dropped about 1.75" in front and 2" or so in rear. I was able to correct the front camber without any problem, but I need to have a camber kit for the rear to correct it.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VTEChump
To adjust the height you need to jack up the car and just turn the collars on the coilovers up/down. I can adjust the height of my car in about 45 mins. WIth the TEINs all the way down in the front and 225/35/19's you can almost tuck, the rear can easily be tucked with the TEINs

Thanks bro. Are these the part numbers Tein SS DSH94-KUSS2 and the EDFC 10100? I'm still debating over comptechs and illuminas or this. Hmmmmmmmm decisions decisions. Oh yea, say the struts blow out, are they replaceable? Price?
Old 08-11-2004, 05:06 PM
www.grounded4life.org

VTEChump how does your car ride on the teins with it that low and on 19s cause i was thinkin about getting the teins and was woundering on the ride and can you post some pics of you car it looks sweet THANX