Anybody have experience with Tirerack.com? Tire Opinion needed also...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 09:53 PM
WDP Is Faster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have experience with Tirerack.com? Tire Opinion needed also...

Hey guys I need a lil help from you guys.

My two front tires are getting pretty bald right now so I'm thinking about changing them. Last time, my dad got these tires...

Michelin Pilot HX MXM4
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=15VR7MXM4HXXL

..and it sucked big time. No traction at all...and the life of the tire sucked. It was over $400 for all four of them too...my dad thought that the guy working at the wheel shop knew what the best deal was...

Soo..I'm forced to take matters to my own hands and get your opinion(s) on this. I was looking at Tirerack.com (friend told me about this site..and said it was good)..and I'm looking more towards these kind of tires.

Yokohoma Avid V4's http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rtnum=15VR7V4S

What do you guys think about this tire..it has good ratings..so as of right now i'm basing my judgement on that. It's kinda cheap compared to my previous tire on the car. ($185) If you guys know of any better tires for a cheap price, do say so. Also, if you know of a better site, do recommend that also.

All feedback will be very much appreciated. Thanks

Reloaded.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
A lot of good feedback for those tires (Yoko V4S). Good treadlife and better performance than OEM Michelin tires. One thing -- I don't think you can beat how quiet those Michelin tires are. Since you're Bay Area, rain is probably all you'll need to worry about -- consider getting something like Toyo T1S, Yoko ES100 or another non-all-season tire. That's my
Old 02-15-2005, 10:33 PM
信是寶

TR rocks

I've purchased three sets of tires within the past 6 months from them and will purchase another set for my TL shortly (as soon as I find a nice set of rims). :-)

The TR is great and they ship fast! They also have a great support team, just call them and ask questions - no worries mate!

Now for your tires ... I have no experience with the Yokos ... I was looking at the http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ero+Nero+M%26S but do not like the tread and might go with the ContiExtreme Contact .. the Yoko dB are ok ...but have a poor treadwear rating. It's all in what YOU want ... as long as you do your research and pick a good reviewed tire, you'll be set!

I just know the EL42s suck big time and my current Dunlop M3s are great in the winter!

Good luck!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tecciztecatl
I've purchased three sets of tires within the past 6 months from them and will purchase another set for my TL shortly (as soon as I find a nice set of rims). :-)

The TR is great and they ship fast! They also have a great support team, just call them and ask questions - no worries mate!

Now for your tires ... I have no experience with the Yokos ... I was looking at the http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ero+Nero+M%26S but do not like the tread and might go with the ContiExtreme Contact .. the Yoko dB are ok ...but have a poor treadwear rating. It's all in what YOU want ... as long as you do your research and pick a good reviewed tire, you'll be set!

I just know the EL42s suck big time and my current Dunlop M3s are great in the winter!

Good luck!

if you only need two tires i can sell u two of those michelins... here is my post...

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/fs-two-michelin-pilot-hx-mxm4-80-%25-thread-left-tires-sold-296502/ let me know if you are interested... not sure how much shipping is but i can prolly do $150 shipped they are in great condition
Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 AM
WDP Is Faster

it's alright man..thanks for the offer. To tell you the truth..I hated those stock tires. It never gave me and traction at all.

Reloaded
Old 02-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Comptech Freak

400 bucks is cheap for a set of OEM tires, they run for 180 at tirerack

basically nobody can beat the price at tirerack, because most sellers ordered from them~

the yoko is V4S is gd if you want average performance, if you want high performance you can go for the Sumitmoto all season tires, they are soooo grippy but trendwear is low
Old 02-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Comptech Freak

btw they have a gd service, i e-mailed the guy Jake and he called me back to take my order~

tires sent within a week
Old 02-16-2005, 11:55 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tire rack is awesome, ive ordered rims, rotors, pads, and a few other things from them and they can't be beat!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Cruisin'

I've used the tirerack several times. Never had any issues.