Wire disconnected under the dash

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:25 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wire disconnected under the dash

I have a 2000 TL with a loose wire dangling from the inside wall by the driver's left foot. I want to know where to re-connect it.

There are two relatively heavy gauge wires (approx AWG20), one red and one green, twisted together, each with in-line fuse holders, terminating in single spade connectors. The red wire is disconnected. There is an electrical connector panel with open connectors mounted on the wall to the left of the driver's foot (just forward of the driver's door). There are five connectors in the lower left corner of the panel arranged in two columns -- left column with two connectors, right column with three. The green wire is connected to the top connector of the left (rearmost) column. Where does the red wire connect?

Here is a photo of the connector panel which shows the open sockets.

If you are unable to view the photo, click here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepuf94/page2.htm

If you have a 2000 TL, please take a peek under your dash and let me know where the wire connects. Thank you.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Those are not stock wires. They are someting the previous owner put in. Do you have aftermarket foglights or any other type of something thats not OEM? You may need to trace those to see where they go
Old 05-16-2007, 06:31 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KarlVB
I have a 2000 TL with a loose wire dangling from the inside wall by the driver's left foot. I want to know where to re-connect it.

There are two relatively heavy gauge wires (approx AWG20), one red and one green, twisted together, each with in-line fuse holders, terminating in single spade connectors. The red wire is disconnected. There is an electrical connector panel with open connectors mounted on the wall to the left of the driver's foot (just forward of the driver's door). There are five connectors in the lower left corner of the panel arranged in two columns -- left column with two connectors, right column with three. The green wire is connected to the top connector of the left (rearmost) column. Where does the red wire connect?

Here is a photo of the connector panel which shows the open sockets.

If you are unable to view the photo, click here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepuf94/page2.htm

If you have a 2000 TL, please take a peek under your dash and let me know where the wire connects. Thank you.
This is my first post on the forum. I wish I had a more informative answer, but I just looked under the dash on my 2000 TL, and found no wires like you describe. I agree with fsttyms1, these wires must have been installed by a previous owner.