Turn Signal and Parking/Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 08:58 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn Signal and Parking/Running Lights

So the other day after making myself a ghetto cold to stock airbox hybrid I forgot to put bolts back on and when doing 100+ my right fender liner flew off and got ran over and destroyed. When I pulled over to see what the hell happened I saw a bunch of coolant in the front of the engine bay but couldn't find any leaks. Drove home with no additional coolant loss and no overheating, everything was fine.
Then I noticed that my right blinker was blinking fast inside and in the back but not at all up front. So I checked all my lights and discovered the following all in the front
• right blinker doesnt work
• neither orange running/parking? Lights work although the the right one will come on if I push the whole assembly in.
Also the car came with HIDs only for the main headlights and I rear ended a newer Jeep shortly after buying it but didn't notice anything wrong until after the fender liner and random coolant incident when I went to arm my alarm after getting home. All tips and/or guesses will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-18-2019, 09:24 AM
7th Gear

Since I don't know the exact names let's just nothing besides the main headlights and left blinker are working. I don't know where to begin or even how to check for a short. I've checked the under hood fuses and those seemed to be fine and yeah when I push against the entire passenger side housing or whatever it's called the aide marker or parking light or whatever THAT is called stays on for a while but the blinker still won't work.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:00 AM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
Are you sure it was coolant and not the windshield wiper fluid? The wiper fluid reservoir is right behind the fender liner on the passenger side, maybe you busted that open and splashed it over those bulbs, causing a short?
See how those bulbs look, maybe the filament is burnt out now. Or maybe the short caused a fuse to blow.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:27 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Arkady
Are you sure it was coolant and not the windshield wiper fluid? The wiper fluid reservoir is right behind the fender liner on the passenger side, maybe you busted that open and splashed it over those bulbs, causing a short?
See how those bulbs look, maybe the filament is burnt out now. Or maybe the short caused a fuse to blow.
Didn't even think about that it could of been wiper fluid and I took the bulb out of the housing and juggled it around a little bit and it started working, but then stopped soon after. I just bought two replacement bulbs from Walmart (didn't wanna get nice ones until I knew it was just the bulb) and now the running light works but the damn blinker still gives me a hyper blink inside and doesn't do anything
outside
Old 10-25-2019, 10:47 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TriumphantLoser
Didn't even think about that it could of been wiper fluid and I took the bulb out of the housing and juggled it around a little bit and it started working, but then stopped soon after. I just bought two replacement bulbs from Walmart (didn't wanna get nice ones until I knew it was just the bulb) and now the running light works but the damn blinker still gives me a hyper blink inside and doesn't do anything
outside
Nice, you're getting there!
Check the connectors for the blinkers and make sure they're dry. Also make sure the fuses look good. I don't remember which ones handle the blinker (or if they're even fused) but that's always one of the first things to check.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,709 Likes on 6,716 Posts
at least you're living up to your screen name

hyper blink inside means it isn't registering a bulb on the outside. push in on the wires at the bulb wire harness to make sure it's making contact. You may have ripped the wire somewhere as well.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:23 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
at least you're living up to your screen name
So I replaced the socket and wa-la it works perfect. When I sent to the junkyard to grab a socket I decided I might as well get fender liners. So after my triumph of fixing my blinker, I decided to replace my fender liners. Right as I was pulling the wheel off the car rolled forward and smashed my wrist between my the fender and my tire because this loser forgot to hit the ebrake before raising the car. So now I gotta get a new passenger side front panel and bottom trim so yup definitely living up to the name
Old 10-28-2019, 08:17 AM
Pro

Well, good thing you don't gotta get a new wrist!