Transmission failure WORSE TIMING EVER

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission failure WORSE TIMING EVER

Regardgin my 99 TL 165,000 miles.
So it's the night before my departure back to the fraternity life and I'm driving home from the mall after buying numorous item's to fulfill my needs for my senior year in college. I begin to turn on a busy intersection and my RPM's skyrocket. I assume the worse... I Babied the car into the nearest entrance (which happens to be a car dealship filled with pristine reliable cars) and the car dies. I get it to start again and put it in gear...Drive might as well be Neutral. Transmission is completely blown out as far as I know. I'm assuming the severity of the situation made the battery displace, however the inside lights turned on. The car won't start for the life of it. I JUST got it back yesterday after getting all new rubber on it and a complete tuneup and front axel replace. I've been so excitided looking forward to leaving for school tomorrow, had everything all planned out. I AM F*&$!NG PISSED.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:29 PM
SixSpeedDreamin'

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Did Acura do your tune up? If so take it back and explain the situation to them try to put blame on them if you can. Use that as leverage. As far as you being under warranty I doubt it cuz I'm not. I just recently had my tranny replaced for FREE. If they won't do it for free then try to get them to help some how. Just take it in and see what they say.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AcurazinesFinestTL
Did Acura do your tune up? If so take it back and explain the situation to them try to put blame on them if you can. Use that as leverage. As far as you being under warranty I doubt it cuz I'm not. I just recently had my tranny replaced for FREE. If they won't do it for free then try to get them to help some how. Just take it in and see what they say.
Are you kidding me?

Not all problems can be witnessed. From my understanding our transmissions are just a ticking time bomb with sometimes no symptoms at all.

I also understand your side too. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I am sorry, my pride does not let me get to the level of asking for "free" when you are 165000 miles. 56000 BEYOND warranty mileage.

Ill save you some time and make your life a little easier. You will absolutely humiliate yourself if you "ask for free"
Old 08-29-2007, 01:13 PM
SixSpeedDreamin'

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Just take it in that's your best bet. You have twice the miles as I did on my transmission. Mike B you are right with that many miles on the tranny they won't replace the tranny for free.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:54 PM
2nd Gear

believe me, asking for a free transmission wasn't even slightly an option. My dad brought it to our mechanic yesterday... We'll see what happens... Not sure what to expect, all I can say is not having a car sucks