Right Side Speakers Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 01:13 PM
deal with it

Received 378 Likes on 316 Posts
Question Right Side Speakers Not Working

whats up guys its been a hell of a long time. yes i have searched and no i cant really find the issue i am having. for years i have had a pioneer double din, about a week ago i noticed my passenger side speakers just stopped working. yes i have checked my connections on the HU. i have even wired the right side to the left which is working 100%, and dead air.

is there a fuse or another connection behind the dash or door which could of crapped out that i am missing. because if i connected the working side to the non working side speakers should of worked if it was a bad channel on the HU.

i will be taking apart the center console completely this weekend just wondering if anyone had an idea before i start digging behind the dash following wires from HU to speakers needlessly.

btw its an 03 tlp non navi
Old 02-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by dreem1er
whats up guys its been a hell of a long time. yes i have searched and no i cant really find the issue i am having. for years i have had a pioneer double din, about a week ago i noticed my passenger side speakers just stopped working. yes i have checked my connections on the HU. i have even wired the right side to the left which is working 100%, and dead air.

is there a fuse or another connection behind the dash or door which could of crapped out that i am missing. because if i connected the working side to the non working side speakers should of worked if it was a bad channel on the HU.

i will be taking apart the center console completely this weekend just wondering if anyone had an idea before i start digging behind the dash following wires from HU to speakers needlessly.

btw its an 03 tlp non navi
Have you checked the connection in the door at the speaker? There is no fuse inline on speakers. If its not working its something either the wire or speaker in the door.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:08 PM
deal with it

KRIS YOU SEXY MOFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea i figured as much i just wanted to see before i start taking the car apart.

Its a bad connection after the hU 100% sure now, as i was driving rear passenger speaker turn back on, so i am going to have to take apart the doors and check those connections out, seems a bad connection somewhere behind the dash to the door, because i had checked the passenger rear and it was fine, my window regulator went bad so i have the door panel off for now been too busy to deal with it. i have only put 5k miles on the car in like 2-2.5 years...
Old 02-13-2016, 11:29 PM
deal with it

So no where yet and I have the center console pulled out doors off...glove box off...and have yet to find a loose cable and the speakers haven't come back on either
Old 02-14-2016, 02:41 PM
deal with it

so i had alot of fun...had to rerun new cables, speakers were fine but somewhere down the line a cable messed up. i couldnt find where exactly the break was but the only things affected were the passenger side speakers. hopefully where ever it broke its was just those 2 because i really dont want to have to pull the dash if something else decides to stop working...13 year car problems....fml