Radio has a lot of static

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 05:51 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio has a lot of static

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and honestly the whole import world. I bought a 2003 Acura TL Type S last week. Bone stock. I love it. But my issue is the factory Bose radio will pick up stations, but there's always a good bit of static. Especially when sitting still. anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Pop's Wheels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey welcome to the forum! You may have a problem, or it may just be standard. Honestly, our radios are not all that good. I get a fair amount of static pretty frequently. I read somewhere that it's because of the early in-window antenna that doesn't function super well. If you're actually getting static 100% of the time, there's definitely a problem though.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
If there was any dash work near radio they may have not pushed antenna connector fully into back of head unit?
Old 07-29-2017, 02:57 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
I'd pop open the center console, driver's side, and take a look behind the radio. Side panels come off pretty easy (handful of phillips screws) once you pull the trim off with your hands.
If you look behind the radio you should see the cable and you can see if the connection is bad.
If that's not it you're already halfway there to pulling the radio out for more troubleshooting :P
Old 03-01-2018, 08:08 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all, I am also new to the forum, i have a 99TL, love the car, it has 314K on it and runs like a champ, stock radio, the problem I am having is that when i turn on the radio i hear static, occasionally i hear a few radio stations mixed up, the cassette and CD also don't work, no sound, and some popping from the speakers, suddenly i hear a loud pop and everything will work normally. Any suggestions as to what this could be, so far from all of the research Ive done the amp seems to be the problem. Thanks