low beam head lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Yes the danger is real but if you disconnect the battery first and let the system discharge you should have no trouble. There are some great DIY on this weather you are just replacing bulbs or installing an aftermarket kit. I ended up using a kit from HIDextra.com $59 for 2 ballasts, 2 ignitors and 2 bulbs. its been great, that's actually why I jointed AZ got the TLs low beam went out Google search found AZ great DIY lots of info and hear I am. Search it out take your time it can be done safely in your drive way at home, just follow the right steps.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
Thumbs up HID replacement kits......

Originally Posted by PatrickG
I have changed by high beam bulbs a couple of times now, both sides and just run on high beams, I know that's lazy.... right?
Problem I have is the sticker right on the back of the housing and the manual for my 2000 rl says there is a chance of electrical shock and therefore they recommend the dealer? Is this for real... should I disconnect the battery to the car first?

I have a drivers side low beam lamp out, not sure if there is any moister issue. By now I would be willing to change the whole with a kit on both the drivers and passenger side if it can be done safely. I have seem some great diy advise here but after buying the kits and the special tools required, I don't want to still deal with getting shocked?

Welcome PatrickG !!!!

If you're a hands on type of person, the DIY's and other threads will help walk you through the process of replacing the "OEM" hid set-up with the cheaper and improved new kits available.

As always, to work safely on any electrical problems, you need to be aware of the potential danger involved. Just to play it safe, disconnect the battery and hold the two cable ends together, as this will safely de-energize any stored current within the system. Just beware that you'll need the radio code available. Then proceed !

Other drivers have gotta be getting tired of your high beams by now.