Looking For Advice Plz Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007 | 04:04 AM
2nd Gear

Looking For Advice Plz Help!!!

2 Day a go i bought a 2000 3.2 TL with 256 k i got it for a good price 6000$ now the pervious owner change preatty much every thing on the car 7000k ago he chagned the trany all the rubbers under the hood but he left me with a broken power steering pump a screwed inner so the car yeilds a bit 2 the left when i drive also i need 2 replace 2 rear stabelizer barss and all the shoxs but all dat im gona get for free so im not worried ( but any ways if any 1 knows how much money will all dat cost ? in canadian dollars) THe car is really good shape tho the only 2 big problems im worried about is a lilttle buzzing sound sum times in the mornings but i think thats coming from the power steering pump and other times the buzzing sound comes when i rev the car under 2500 rpm also when driving sumtimes also i was driving at 140 and thru the heater i felt a burning smell wat could that be? also 1 thing that none of the mechanics could figure out is this . when its cold the car stars when its warm the car starts when theres a sudden change in temperture and lets say u start the car turn it off around the 6-8th time u have 2 rev the engine for it 2 start if u dunt the car turns off it feels and sounds like the engine just shuts off and the rpms are below 900. also i want 2 kno wat signs should i look for with the transmission since i dunt have a warranty no mre im really worried the reason i want 2 keep this car cuz i drove tls witth 100ks that drive and look worse then myin i think i would be able 2 fit in 2 2000$ 2 fix those problems and there u go i have a realy nice car for 8000$ also i wanted 2 ask this is really important How MUCH DOES A NEW 3.2TL Engine Cost? and how much would and instalation cost? PLZZZZ guys give me advice im wating for a reply
Old 11-18-2007 | 04:11 AM
2nd Gear

o and yes let me add the previous owner took realy good car of the car and that 256k feels like 150k also wat should i look for in the suspension failing srry for being such a newbie its just ma pervious car was a 2002 Oldsmobile ALero a lot less maintenes then an acura...
Old 11-18-2007 | 11:37 PM
Rich

If you turn the wheels left or right and making buzzing noise it's mean the power steering is bad.
If the car pull to the one side, you need alingment.
And it's good to replace all the shocks especially car has more than 100K (start fresh).
The heater sometimes smell like something burn. (the 1st time you use it)
The buzzing sound comes when you rev the car under 2500 rpm.
Where is the sound come from?
The start issue you have, 1st you shouldn't turn on and off the car about 6 times.
Could be your iddling sensor, temperature sensor.
Try clean the injector , the throttle body and do tune up (might fix it)
And if you feel any slippage on the transmission, you need to bring the car to a mechanic.
Acura TL famous with the tranny problem.
Also you need call this # to check about the recall on transmission
Acura customer service at 1-800-382-2238.
But I don't know if this will work for you Cuz you're not in the US.
Beside the problem you have, it is a very nice car.
Hopefully these will help you
ps:good luck