How can i program the build in garage opener???help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How can i program the build in garage opener???help!

Can somebody explain to me how to program my built in garage opener?
Old 08-27-2006, 04:38 PM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you dont have the owners manual
Old 08-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Taken from another post (using the search button)

1. push and hold the two outside buttons to erase any codes on the homelink transmitter

2.unplug the garage door opener,

3.find which button you want to use, push the button on the remote for the garage door and the homelink transmitter (the one built into the car) at the same time.

4.the red light should flash slowly then faster

5. when the red light flashes rapidly release both buttons

6. plug in garage door opener and see if it works if not try again if after training it still does not work you may have a rolling code garage door opener (repeat for other two buttons)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for rolling code garage door openers

1. make sure to erase codes again by pushing the two outside buttons on the homelink transmitter

2.find the training button on your garage door opener...all the ones i have ever seen have been white and facing away from the garage door

3.press the training button on the garage door opener on the opener until the light next to the button comes on it may flash but you on ly have 30 seconds to finish...

4. push your desired homelink button then press it again this should turn off the training button on the opener it may take up to 3 times to program the garage door opener

5. press the homelink button you just programmed, it should open the garage door
Old 08-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
it's easy.. I didn't have to clear mine up.
for house garage door:
1. push the training button(mine was red button next to light bulb) on the garage door opener machine.
2. while you are pushing and holding that training button, push one of the homelink button in your car.
3. Hold it until the light blink on the garage door opener machine.
4. Release both button, then check the button if it learned. (push the button more than 1 sec.)

And for the aparment or other garage door( I did it for my girlfriend garage):
1. Place your garage door remote in front of the homelink transmitter in the car.(about 1-3 inches)
2. Push and hold both buttons for the car homlink transmitter and the garage door opener.
3. Release both buttons until you see the red light on the car homelink system blinks rapidly.
4. Check if the button on the homelink system works.(push the button more than 1 sec.)