car runs, fuses fine, but windows and gauges not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 04:09 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
car runs, fuses fine, but windows and gauges not working

I have a 02 TL and today I started the engine, put the windows down to let in the fresh air until the AC kicked in then was unable to put up all 4 windows. Then I realized that the sunroof nor the fog lights were working, as well as the gas, speedometer, and the other gauges in that section above the steering wheel. However, the radio, clock, headlights, and other controls work. I checked all of the fuses (several times) and everything looks fine. Are there any other items that I can check before taking it into the Acura service center? I have to admit, that I'm a little intimidated to go out and buy the electrical diagram guides that I've seen some of the more advanced folks recommend for this problem, and that's pretty much where I'm thinking I break down and take in to the service center, but I thought it would be helpful to touch base with all of you beforehand. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Also, does anyone know where I could get a rear view mirror for around $60 without any hassle? I've seen a few on ebay, but just want to buy the darned thing without bidding. Thanks again!
The following users liked this post:
scoey5000 (04-19-2017)
Old 07-06-2006, 07:14 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I checked the fuses a day later and the windows/gauges fuse was clearly blown (I swear that it was not blown whenever I submitted this message). Now my SRS and check engine light won't go away. What's up with that?!?
Old 07-11-2015, 10:14 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello my name is Perry Haynes

I have a 2002 Acura TL my windows quit working and my gauges quit working too I have checked the fuses and they are ok I have even replace them and they still do not work what else do I do
Old 07-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
Underhood fuse box - Check #51-40 amp fuse?

Passenger fuse box

Check/replace window relay at pass fuse box. If you can locate one just like it from another fuse box you can just swap places to test the relay. Maybe the one just above it?.

Last edited by 01acls; 07-18-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khines_13
I have a 02 TL and today I started the engine, put the windows down to let in the fresh air until the AC kicked in then was unable to put up all 4 windows. Then I realized that the sunroof nor the fog lights were working, as well as the gas, speedometer, and the other gauges in that section above the steering wheel. However, the radio, clock, headlights, and other controls work. I checked all of the fuses (several times) and everything looks fine. Are there any other items that I can check before taking it into the Acura service center? I have to admit, that I'm a little intimidated to go out and buy the electrical diagram guides that I've seen some of the more advanced folks recommend for this problem, and that's pretty much where I'm thinking I break down and take in to the service center, but I thought it would be helpful to touch base with all of you beforehand. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Also, does anyone know where I could get a rear view mirror for around $60 without any hassle? I've seen a few on ebay, but just want to buy the darned thing without bidding. Thanks again!
I was wondering if you figure out the problem oil am having same issues here
Old 01-28-2020, 01:31 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Carly Gotay
It's been 14 years since their comment, I'd be very surprised if they replied to you.

I'd double-check all fuses, then if they all check out, use the shop manual to start troubleshooting the individual parts. The manual we have posted up here in the forums has individual troubleshooting steps for most parts of the car. Just run a search for it and you should find it. If not, hit me with a DM and I'll help you find the link later.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Originally Posted by Carly Gotay
Welcome to AZine, Carly Gotay. The OP last logged in during 2010, so you may be better served starting your own thread.