Cant find a solution for P0301

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Resident Troll.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cant find a solution for P0301

I know that this is something that has been discussed SEVERAL times and I have searched but cant really find the answer I am looking for.

About a month ago my CEL and VSA light came one and when I had it checked it was a misfire on cylinder 1. I had it cleared and it didnt show up again until this week.

The CEL and VSA came on yesterday so I took it into the dealership. They cleared it right away. It was once again a misfire on cylinder 1. They thought that it might be a bad coil pack but they wanted to be certain so they swapped the coil packs from cylinder 1 and 2 to see if they misfire would shift over. They road tested it and everything was fine. This morning the CEL came on so I took it back in and it was cylinder 1 so it cant be the coil pack. I had them change the plugs back to the stock specs and thought that this would solve the problem.

But it didnt. The dash lite up about an hour ago and I have no idea what could be causing the problem. The most recent mod I have is the grounding kit so I checked all the connections and everythng seemed fine.

I know that there are a number of possible faults that may be causing and its probably not going to be very easy to find the right one.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I am going to try and deal with it tomorrow as well but if I cant get rid of it I will probably just leave it as is..
Old 08-25-2005, 09:00 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ndawood
I know that this is something that has been discussed SEVERAL times and I have searched but cant really find the answer I am looking for.

About a month ago my CEL and VSA light came one and when I had it checked it was a misfire on cylinder 1. I had it cleared and it didnt show up again until this week.

The CEL and VSA came on yesterday so I took it into the dealership. They cleared it right away. It was once again a misfire on cylinder 1. They thought that it might be a bad coil pack but they wanted to be certain so they swapped the coil packs from cylinder 1 and 2 to see if they misfire would shift over. They road tested it and everything was fine. This morning the CEL came on so I took it back in and it was cylinder 1 so it cant be the coil pack. I had them change the plugs back to the stock specs and thought that this would solve the problem.

But it didnt. The dash lite up about an hour ago and I have no idea what could be causing the problem. The most recent mod I have is the grounding kit so I checked all the connections and everythng seemed fine.

I know that there are a number of possible faults that may be causing and its probably not going to be very easy to find the right one.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I am going to try and deal with it tomorrow as well but if I cant get rid of it I will probably just leave it as is..
clean your EGR port.

i also had a misfire code being thrown for cylinder #1 once in a while. I cleaned the EGR port and never got it back.

If the EGR port is clogged, it can cause insufficient airflow, thus causing a misfire in the first cylinder (the one beside the EGR port). I might be totally wrong, though, but cleaning the port solved my problem, and my car takes MUCH less gaz now (i also polished the intake manifold's port...)

-justin
Old 08-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Burning Brakes

yup, clean the port. clean the whole manifold while you're at it.

that will solve your problem.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Resident Troll.

I cleaned out the upper intake manifold and used some BG 44k and it seems as though this has solved the problem. I drove the car today approx. 700kms and the CEL didnt show up so hopefully this has taken care of everything..

Thanks fr the advice guys!!