Buzzing sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 04:23 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buzzing sound

When I start my car, a buzzing/vibrating noise comes from what seems like the audio deck but the noise occurs even when I turn the stereo off. The sound lasts for about 10 seconds then takes a short break then happens again for about 3 seconds then it goes away until I start the car again. Any ideas on what it could be??
Old 04-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
sounds like what you are describing (may) be the ABS self-check system. does one of the two noises sound like a "groaning" noise. the ABS self-check related noises, two on my 2003 type s, only occur each time the car is started and driven a short distance. one noise, a very pronounced "groan" is very obvious and quite disturbing until you realize it is related to the ABS system and quite normal. does the noise you are experiencing occur after the car is started, but before the car is driven a short distance, or while the car is idling in park, neutral or drive and not actually being driven?
Old 04-10-2017, 09:48 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by frankjnjr
sounds like what you are describing (may) be the ABS self-check system. does one of the two noises sound like a "groaning" noise. the ABS self-check related noises, two on my 2003 type s, only occur each time the car is started and driven a short distance. one noise, a very pronounced "groan" is very obvious and quite disturbing until you realize it is related to the ABS system and quite normal. does the noise you are experiencing occur after the car is started, but before the car is driven a short distance, or while the car is idling in park, neutral or drive and not actually being driven?
The noise starts right when the battery is turned on. It doesn't affect it if the car is driving or not. It just recently started happening and I've had the car for about 4 months.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
can you record it please?
Old 04-12-2017, 07:03 AM
9th Gear

Yes I will record it but I'm almost positive it part of the cassette player now.