"B" Piller cosmetic covers via Ebay @ $29.95

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 07:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
"B" Piller cosmetic covers via Ebay @ $29.95

Prepped and clear coated the "B" piller moldings on my 2003 TLS doors, two years ago, due to their dull appearance. They looked nice, for about 12 months, but than, the clear coat began to deteriorate. I bought a set of these (Attachment) on Ebay for $29.95, recently. My observations: (Positives) #1. They look very nice. #2. They are easy to install. (Negatives) #1. Not an exact fit, not terrible, but not nearly as good as I expected. #2. The edges are very sharp, as in, they can cut you if your not careful. #3. The manufacturer could have done a much better job, by both "tapering" the edges, and improving the overall fit quality. Tapering the edges, would have made them fit "more flush" onto the existing trim pieces, and provided an almost natural, undetectable, appearance. As it is, they "Stick Out" from the existing trim pieces, have sharp edges and corners, and, Up Close, do not look all that good. WOULD I BUY THEM AGAIN: NO. I would just mask, sand, prep and refinish the existing ones.

Last edited by thoiboi; 07-27-2017 at 08:01 AM. Reason: removed bad ebay link
Old 07-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Ebay link showed up as a broken attachment instead.. Why not just post the link to it?

Thanks for the input. Another case of you get what you pay for
Old 07-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Burning Brakes

99-03 B Piller trim covers

Can't seem to post the link. When i copy and paste, the correct link address appears, but when i preview the post, the address reverts to this: Black Pillar Posts for Acura TL 99-03 6pc Set Door Trim Piano Cover Window Kit eBay. For some reason, regardless of whether i copy and paste the web address, of i type it directly on the post, the Forum automatically reverts it back to the above item reference, but which is not a Direct address?
Old 07-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Senior Moderator

That's fine. It works!

FWIW, I wouldn't buy a new cover either, I'd just vinyl wrap the old one.
The following users liked this post:
frankjnjr (07-27-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Ebay link showed up as a broken attachment instead.. Why not just post the link to it?

Thanks for the input. Another case of you get what you pay for
Yes Thoiboi, "you get what you pay for". My point is, regardless of price, and, ( i would be willing to pay double, triple or quadruple the $29.99 shipped price) for a quality product . In order to correct this cosmetic issue properly, all four moldings need to be removed from the doors, re-painted, cleared, polished, than reinstalled. Iv'e done it. It's a lot of work. The process involves at least $20-$25 in Materials , and 6-8 Labor hours, in my case. .Wouldn't You think, someone in the business, who has gone through the trouble to prepare a CAD drawing, and procedures to produce such a part, would Do It Right?
Old 07-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Senior Moderator

"Made in China"

QC is the least of their concerns ..

Like I mentioned below. I'd vinyl wrap it before going through all the trouble of re-painting it. Much more economical!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thoiboi
"Made in China"

QC is the least of their concerns ..

Like I mentioned below. I'd vinyl wrap it before going through all the trouble of re-painting it. Much more economical!
Ya know thoiboi, that's a great idea. Never considered vinyl wrap. Tx, for the suggestion.