Audio console blank

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio console blank

Hi guys

Hopefully you can help me with a little problem my sister is having on a 2002 acura tl. An accessory broke in her cigarette lighter the other day and she reached in to grab the broken piece and afterwords her entire audio console was blank.

I know that sometimes you will have to reenter a code for the stereo but we do not even get the code message. It is absolutely blank. Not sure if the broken accessory is even related this is just when she realized that the screen was blank and she would get no feedback from pressing the buttons. Anyone experience this problem before?

I'm considering unplugging the battery to see if we get a radio code at all but I don't want to make the problem worse.

Thanks for any help
Old 07-04-2010, 12:32 PM

Check the fuses. If that's not the problem, remove the cd player and see if the power supply cord has been unplugged.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:17 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple_A
Check the fuses. If that's not the problem, remove the cd player and see if the power supply cord has been unplugged.
check fuses first, but also remove the broken off piece first from the power outlet

as far as power supply cord being unplugged, probably not, but still possible

and for OP, i know on my mom's old 95 toyota camry, the outlet was on the same fuse as the radio (lets just say we had a long last day [luckily] driving cross country, when the fuse blew for it, from being a little overloaded for a period of time [a nintendo and a tv were both pluged in also])
Old 07-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

I did remove the broken piece but that didn't fix anything. I didn't even think of checking the fuses but that's an excellent idea. This isn't my car so can anyone tell me where the audio system fuses are? its my sisters car and I don't think she has the owners manual anymore.

I think they may be the culprit since it stopped working when a piece broke off in one of the electrical components.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mnrsxs
I did remove the broken piece but that didn't fix anything. I didn't even think of checking the fuses but that's an excellent idea. This isn't my car so can anyone tell me where the audio system fuses are? its my sisters car and I don't think she has the owners manual anymore.

I think they may be the culprit since it stopped working when a piece broke off in one of the electrical components.
i was not expecting it to "fix" it, but more when you put in a new fuse, to keep the new one from blowing straight away, cause it was more then likely what blew it in the first place... (also ONLY put in the same rated fuse or below, NEVER anything higher {unless told to by the car manufacture themselves, or else it could potentually start a fire, and burn down the car})

as far as owner's manual, try this: http://owners.acura.com/Model/OwnersManual.aspx

an online owner's manual straight from Accra, no purchase necessary

Last edited by friesm2000; 07-05-2010 at 05:34 PM.