Almost gave up

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Acura 99T.L (black)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost gave up

Well i almost gave up my 99 tl and was about to sell it. I thought about selling due to various reasons. Firstly, the car wasn't responive. I thought it was because the car was old and the time is almost up. Secondly, the car sometimes dies after starting. Thirdly, the body style of the car is getting out of style. By the way, my car has 197000 km on it and i thought it was time to give it up. But after doing various fluid changes/flushes and replaced all sparks plug. I no longer want to sell my car, the car runs great and is much more responsive. Though the body style of the car is getting out of style, i'll keep my car for another year or two. In which i can save a lot of money, not having the need to make car payments on a new car. Here is the list of tune up i did for those who is wondering.

Oil change and filter
Air filter
Transmission fluid
Brake fluid
Power steering fluid
Sparks plug
Wipers
One rear caliper

Though the service may be costly its worth it for safety reasons.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:42 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
why dont u put a lip kit and an oem, lip, or a mugen replica spoiler on it, tint the windows, clear/ paint the headlights and get 02-03 tail light and some exhaust tips.
will up the car in looks and youll fall in love again. besides the lip kit everything is cheap and easy to do to change the look of a car.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's amazing what a service will do. Your spark plugs probably made the biggest difference in your experience.

Service is cheaper then a new car.

Cheers
Old 12-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Acura 99T.L (black)

Originally Posted by Rajca
why dont u put a lip kit and an oem, lip, or a mugen replica spoiler on it, tint the windows, clear/ paint the headlights and get 02-03 tail light and some exhaust tips.
will up the car in looks and youll fall in love again. besides the lip kit everything is cheap and easy to do to change the look of a car.
Iam definitely very tempted to do so, after thinking long and hard about it. I decided not to do it, due to my financial situation and the mileage of the car. But if i had the extra money i would indeed lower the car and put some rims on it.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:48 AM
Acura 99T.L (black)

Originally Posted by rob-2
It's amazing what a service will do. Your spark plugs probably made the biggest difference in your experience.

Service is cheaper then a new car.

Cheers
I didn't know that a major service would be that much difference untill i experienced it myself. The sparks plug did make the biggest difference. The fluids made the ride smoother, sparks plug made it more responsive and wiper blade inserts allow me to see clearly. No more annoying squeaking sound from the wipers. I recommend car owners to spend money on service, the car is safer to drive and is worth the money cause you only have to do one major one every 2 - 3 years. I think if one has to spend 300 or more each month on fixing the car or servicing then its time for a new car.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FullPaper
I didn't know that a major service would be that much difference untill i experienced it myself. The sparks plug did make the biggest difference. The fluids made the ride smoother, sparks plug made it more responsive and wiper blade inserts allow me to see clearly. No more annoying squeaking sound from the wipers. I recommend car owners to spend money on service, the car is safer to drive and is worth the money cause you only have to do one major one every 2 - 3 years. I think if one has to spend 300 or more each month on fixing the car or servicing then its time for a new car.

Live and learn. I have 126K on the car and aside from the aging of the interior the car runs great. Oh and I have the 'honda tick' which is really noticable when the car is cold.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:20 PM
SixSpeedDreamin'

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Do a couple of mods when the financial situation gets better and you will be back in love with her again!