After accident. will it ever be the same again?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
After accident. will it ever be the same again?

hi guys. my sister got into a accident with the TL. the right door/side panel is dented and scratched. my sister was go with a green light but this person (18 year old female, just got her license...still using the temporary paper license) turned and hit her when she didnt yeild right of way.

my question is...will it ever be the same again? my insurance is currently with geico (full coverage).

How does geico do it?? do i take it to any body shop or will i have to go to one of geico's body shops. how are they going to paint only a section of the body?

Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The other person's insurance company pays for damage to your car.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The damage doesn't look too bad from the photos. They will probably have to paint the door and the rear quarter panel. But other forum members might have a better idea.

One lousy thing about any accident requiring body work is that it forever drops the car out of the Kelly Blue Book definition of "Excellent" condition. This is not a big deal now but it can reduce the resale value of the car.

Best of luck with the repair!

Bob
Old 07-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
take it to a shop u want, but i would go to a dealer to match the paint.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i hate when people say the car will never be the same again. That can be the furthest from the truth if brought to the right body shop. the dealer isnt always necessarily the best either. you need to check around. Where i live teh Chevy dealer and toyota dealer are the 2 top rated bodyshops in the area. Look around and it will be just as good as new! As for whats wrong, they will probably replace the rear quarterpanel, and door. As for paint they will have to blend the paint into the other surrounding panels so tht you wont notice a color difference

As for insurance and body shops, insurance may recomend shops, but its your decision where to bring it.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:54 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
i hate when people say the car will never be the same again. That can be the furthest from the truth if brought to the right body shop.

As for insurance and body shops, insurance may recomend shops, but its your decision where to bring it.
both 100% correct statements.

faydOiInspire - look under my name and you'll see i had a similiar accident about 2 months ago now. a lady backed into my door and destroyed my door and the same area of my rear quarter panel. i took it to a guy i know who does amazing work. unfortunately his underlings f'ed it up the first time, but i took it back to the owner and he was appalled by the work they did so he fixed it himself and you would honestly not know the difference now except that i need to replace the door molding clips.

one thing i will say though is that if you don't have a preferred body shop you should go to one in the insurance company's network. this way if it doesn't come out right you can hold them liable for recommending them. just my

SSTS
Old 07-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Racer

Thanks guys. i really hope i find a decent body shop in the nyc area

does anybody recommend any body shops around bk or queens area? Please let me know.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SatinSilverTypS
both 100% correct statements.

faydOiInspire - look under my name and you'll see i had a similiar accident about 2 months ago now. a lady backed into my door and destroyed my door and the same area of my rear quarter panel. i took it to a guy i know who does amazing work. unfortunately his underlings f'ed it up the first time, but i took it back to the owner and he was appalled by the work they did so he fixed it himself and you would honestly not know the difference now except that i need to replace the door molding clips.

one thing i will say though is that if you don't have a preferred body shop you should go to one in the insurance company's network. this way if it doesn't come out right you can hold them liable for recommending them. just my

SSTS
SSTS....i took a look at your thread/pictures. can you either send me a pic or post a pic of the spot that was repaired.

Thanks in advance. I still didnt bring it to the garage yet. i'm not sure which shop to bring it too

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-17-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:06 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by faydOiInspire
SSTS....i took a look at your thread/pictures. can you either send me a pic or post a pic of the spot that was repaired.

Thanks in advance. I still didnt bring it to the garage yet. i'm not sure which shop to bring it too
dude, i got all caught up with other things this weekend. i will send you those pics by monday evening. sorry for holding you up. but i'll tell you that it looks good. unless i really pointed it out to someone who was looking they wouldn't know. check out your inbox tommorow evening around 6. i should have them sent out by then.

SSTS

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-17-2015 at 09:37 AM.