"H" trunk badges

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007 | 06:52 PM
III
prototype

"H" trunk badges

those of you who're running the "H" honda trunk badges, might i ask where you got it from?? are they jdm inspire pieces, if so does someone sell them on a-zine... or are they from any usdm honda's that happen to fit our trunk holes as well...?
info appreciated, i need one and if its possible that a us honda's badge will work then tha'd be easier than grabbin a jdm one, i suppose.

^the ones like this, of course, not the stick-on kind. (not my car, of course)

thanks in advance
Old 01-11-2007 | 07:58 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

aj-racing.com has badging. i've been pretty successful with them http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/home.php?cat=54
Old 01-11-2007 | 09:15 PM
Racer

you can get it from anywhere really that sells badges. all i used was double sided adhesive tape since the holes didnt match up.
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:04 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

What the king said or you can hit up Mr. Heeltoe
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:13 PM
B A N N E D

would the accord ones fit?
Old 01-12-2007 | 05:22 AM
III
prototype

^
yeah i was thinkin along those lines... if some sorta accord one would work. but thanks for the link, i'll check it out. im down for the double-side tape style, as long as the holes are covered up. thanks again folks
Old 01-12-2007 | 05:38 AM
III
prototype

noticed that ajR's in canada... guess its not that big a deal but are there any US places?? i think id rather have the inspire one... or at least an H that fits the holes, rather then sticky one right over...
Old 01-12-2007 | 09:23 AM
Racer

I got mine from Mr. Heeltoe, he's a vendor here in acurazine. Go to the blackmarket and check the vendors.
Old 01-12-2007 | 09:37 AM
Advanced

I second that order from Mr. Heeltoe
Old 01-12-2007 | 09:53 AM
Racer

Why would you want to put a Honda emblem on an Acura??? I'll agree that the "INSPIRE" looks tight as shit and I'm prolly gonna end up getting that for my car, but a HONDA logo??? Acuras are a step up from Hondas and you should be proud of what you own and proud to make this distinction and show that your car's not in the same group as all those lame ricers... I'm sorry, it's just that I think a Honda logo on a TL is more of a blemish than something cool to stick on... If you own the canadian version, that's another thing, but if your car already says Acura, you should keep it that way...
Old 01-12-2007 | 10:21 AM
Pro

the ones from the accord and what not dont match up perfectly with the holes. you'd have to get the JDM one.
Old 01-12-2007 | 06:03 PM
III
prototype

Originally Posted by speedbawlinTL
Why would you want to put a Honda emblem on an Acura??? I'll agree that the "INSPIRE" looks tight as shit and I'm prolly gonna end up getting that for my car, but a HONDA logo??? Acuras are a step up from Hondas and you should be proud of what you own and proud to make this distinction and show that your car's not in the same group as all those lame ricers... I'm sorry, it's just that I think a Honda logo on a TL is more of a blemish than something cool to stick on... If you own the canadian version, that's another thing, but if your car already says Acura, you should keep it that way...
IMO there's no point in putting the inspire badge directly under the acura logo. it's not an acura inspire, yet so many people have that on here. i used to agree with your terms of thinking, but recently decided to take on a different look... perhaps slightly because of a lack of anything else to buy for the car but still wanting to mod something here or there. currently my car's sporting the "H" inspire grille, therefore it needs either an H on the rear, or a shaved trunk.

i'll check out mr. heeltoe, thanks for the comments guys
Old 01-12-2007 | 06:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by III
IMO there's no point in putting the inspire badge directly under the acura logo. it's not an acura inspire, yet so many people have that on here. i used to agree with your terms of thinking, but recently decided to take on a different look... perhaps slightly because of a lack of anything else to buy for the car but still wanting to mod something here or there. currently my car's sporting the "H" inspire grille, therefore it needs either an H on the rear, or a shaved trunk.

Fair enough
Old 01-12-2007 | 08:07 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by III

Absolutely agree , I been putting that off myself cause of so many Inspire conversions now. I think now if you gonna do the Inspire Conversion you need Honda of America Badges too , H emblem on the engine cover and Honda of America shift knob ( that I knew I should of bought from Carlos when he was selling it) thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 01-12-2007 | 08:24 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Absolutely agree , I been putting that off myself cause of so many Inspire conversions now. I think now if you gonna do the Inspire Conversion you need Honda of America Badges too , H emblem on the engine cover and Honda of America shift knob ( that I knew I should of bought from Carlos when he was selling it) thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

It looks ok, but I rather just keep the Acura badges and have my TL just look crisp.
Old 01-12-2007 | 11:50 PM
Safety Car

Yea that's why I went with the Saber Conversion and not the Inspire. Let's face it, either way, It'll turn heads.
Old 01-12-2007 | 11:52 PM
slobalt defender

Saber grill FTW!
Old 01-13-2007 | 07:11 AM
III
prototype

h of A badges i wont need.... im just down for a clean look overall... i coulda just kept the acura grille but decided to pick up something new.. hence the inspire grille.. now i need a matching rear. i agree though, now i wouldnt mind having the engine cover w/ the "H" and also, you forgot the honda steering wheel...

badges tho i usually just scrape/shave/remove from my cars... its just that i dont feel like having a whole trunk shaved/resprayed due to removing a badge, so i'll take an "H". steering wheel issue would be next... never seen the h of a shift knob, got pics??

for now im fine w/ my type-S one. damn ive yet to post pics of this beater yet too..
Old 01-13-2007 | 09:57 AM
Pro

haha... you can still get it from aj racing... but that shit is expensive as fuck... like $150.
Old 01-13-2007 | 10:14 AM
Safety Car

Steering wheel can be taken from the 98-02 accord or if you want the real one A friend of mine has a black/burwood trim H Wheel but it's gonna cost you about $350.

The pic of the shift knob.
Old 01-13-2007 | 11:58 AM
Pro

does the airbag still work? I believe they are different beteen the accord and tl.
Old 01-13-2007 | 06:08 PM
III
prototype

yeah does the airbag still function?? if so i'll take the easy route and go 98-02 accord :p

knob looks interesting but ah, the one i got is fine for now. thanks for replies guys. also got in contact w/ mr heeltoe, sending payment for the badge probably monday.
Old 01-13-2007 | 07:52 PM
Safety Car

Well I wouldn't know because I have the JDM one on my car and I paid someone to redo my airbags. But I compared the two wheels from my cousins car and everything is almost identical, aside from the color and burlwood.

P.S. I still haven't got my H on my engine cover yet, does the silver emblem heeltoe sells fit?
Old 01-14-2007 | 07:38 AM
III
prototype

^
yep wanna know this also...
Old 01-22-2007 | 12:58 AM
onebadtls

i know its a lil off topic but i have a ?? about those jdm window visors? do they go into the channel or are they those tacky stick on ones? and does anyone know where i could find some that arent 240$ thats insane for a couple peices of plastic...i got a set for my truck for $50
jaja
Old 01-22-2007 | 01:04 AM
onebadtls

nevermind answered my own ???

search is indeed a friend..
Old 01-22-2007 | 10:33 AM
B A N N E D

yea so, i wonder what is the difference between the accord "h" and the inspire "h" other than the tabs, if that is a problem.

also, i want to find the "H" for my steering wheel, whats the name of that or do i need to get whole airbag cover?
Old 01-22-2007 | 10:42 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
yea so, i wonder what is the difference between the accord "h" and the inspire "h" other than the tabs, if that is a problem.

also, i want to find the "H" for my steering wheel, whats the name of that or do i need to get whole airbag cover?
other than the tabs, the shape might be slightly different. for <$30, i say just get the JDM one.

for the steering wheel cover, you need the whole air bag which is about $600 i think. in turn you could sell the stock one to offset some of the cost. you could always cheap out and just put a sticker.
Old 01-22-2007 | 10:49 AM
B A N N E D

hmm yea the jdm H is 15 on a-j

but i guess i could just punk an accord one if they are the same.
Old 01-22-2007 | 09:59 PM
I pimp an Audi A4.

Originally Posted by III
those of you who're running the "H" honda trunk badges, might i ask where you got it from?? are they jdm inspire pieces, if so does someone sell them on a-zine... or are they from any usdm honda's that happen to fit our trunk holes as well...?
info appreciated, i need one and if its possible that a us honda's badge will work then tha'd be easier than grabbin a jdm one, i suppose.

^the ones like this, of course, not the stick-on kind. (not my car, of course)

thanks in advance

thats my [old] car

i got my honda badge from honda since the one that comes with the kit doesnt fit the 99-01 body style.
Old 01-23-2007 | 03:32 AM
III
prototype

^
ah interesting. sick a4 if tha's yours... i came from the VAG world before the acuras

g'damn $600 for airbag....
Old 01-23-2007 | 02:33 PM
B A N N E D

i went honda dealerhship earlier

for all i know right now, the 98-01 accord ones will fit. dont know why not the 2002 as well
Old 01-24-2007 | 04:29 AM
III
prototype

^
if you swap that out lemme know how it goes, if i could find one for way less than that i'd be down to do it as well.

btw mr.heeltoe's got the jdm badge for $15, it's total $26 to ship it to hawaii.. cheaper for you guys on the mainland. pick it up !
Old 01-24-2007 | 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

^ Not likely for the USDM Accord badges to fit. Worse comes to worse ... double-sided adhesive tape / shave off the tabs and it will work.
Old 01-25-2007 | 07:52 AM
III
prototype

^
no i was talkin bout the accord steering wheel. the H badge i've already got coming from mr. heeltoe for the trunk... and ive already got the inspire grille on for the front. i still need an H steering wheel and engine cover tho...
Old 01-25-2007 | 08:04 AM
Pro

the engine cover plate is about $30.

as for the accord air bag... i think you can install it but im not sure if it'll work. i believe the TL airbag is dual stage while the accord one is single stage. you'd have to do a little research to find out.
Old 01-26-2007 | 04:17 AM
III
prototype

thanks for the info... where'd you source the engine plastics from, mr.heeltoe also?
Old 01-26-2007 | 08:29 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by III
thanks for the info... where'd you source the engine plastics from, mr.heeltoe also?
i got that back in the day from a dude named ValueTL. he was the main source for all these parts. i guess for now you can get them through mr. heeltoe and if he cant, then through aj-racing.com.

also, its just the black piece with the H in this picture, the rest of the engine covers are the ones that came with the car.

Old 01-26-2007 | 09:25 PM
Safety Car

^^^ I NEED THAT! I'm going to check to see if the regular honda emblems fit in there first. If not, I'm gonna check with heeltoe.
Old 01-27-2007 | 04:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by III
travis i can get all those stuff for you...i don't normally do it, but since we are family...just let me know what you like

Quick Reply: "H" trunk badges